Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Headphones? - Page 12

post #166 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post

$3-400? LOL wow. I hope I can find one more towards $3! Lol.

At least I have my flame suit on biggrin.gif
post #167 of 215
Thread Starter 

Someone mentioned this in an earlier post: Sony NWZ-S639F

 

Now which Mp3 player do I get? LOL.

post #168 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post

Someone mentioned this in an earlier post: Sony NWZ-S639F


Now which Mp3 player do I get? LOL.

I mentioned the sony, that was recommended for the HF3's which you're not getting, so the clip+ is perfect! etysmile.gif
post #169 of 215
Thread Starter 

Ahh okay gotcha. Thanks dude, Im gonna watch eBay till I snag one for really cheap.

post #170 of 215

heh so not going with iems anymore I see, well have fun with the moda's they were pretty good for their price range, but I returned mine since I wasn't a fan of on ears they felt uncomfortable as hell.

post #171 of 215
Thread Starter 

Yeah prolly get M80's IF the eBay seller accepts my offer.

 

Or I MIGHT get some used TF10's for $120, and call it good. But personally I like on-ears.

post #172 of 215
I hope you LOVE your setup.
post #173 of 215
Thread Starter 

Thanks me too... Panthers, personally what would you do? get the TF10's for $120 OR get the V-Moda M80's for $160 (IF the seller accepts)?

 

Remember I mainly want them for plane rides. I'm just scared the IEM's will be a freaking bug stuck off in my ear.. They are big I hear.

post #174 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post

Thanks me too... Panthers, personally what would you do? get the TF10's for $120 OR get the V-Moda M80's for $160 (IF the seller accepts)?

 

Remember I mainly want them for plane rides. I'm just scared the IEM's will be a freaking bug stuck off in my ear.. They are big I hear.


what you have to think about is, do you want a more in your head feel (i love this feel), or do you want something that's on your ear and WILL lose some detail for it not being close in your ear.

 

IEMS tend to make the sound more clear, and everything just seems like you feel it. Headphones on the otherhand provide a wider soundstage - though I don't feel this way for on ears only for over-ears.

 

Also, it depends on what earpieces you use. Foam tips tend to sometimes get stuck in your ears, cones (my favorite) produce better clarity and bass but lacks some isolation. Cones depending on the size can be -10db to -15db foams go up to about -19 / -20


Edited by azynneo - 10/8/12 at 4:06pm
post #175 of 215
Thread Starter 

I see, well IEM's it is!

Now the TF10's comes with all those tips right? I wont need anything else?

post #176 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGeek91 View Post

I see, well IEM's it is!

Now the TF10's comes with all those tips right? I wont need anything else?


I think so, I used my own cones but yeah I think they come with cones small - med - lrg.

post #177 of 215
Quote:
IEMS tend to make the sound more clear,

....You can get great clarity from full sized headphones too.... Imo it really depends more on which headphones / IEMs you are talking about.....
post #178 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snag1e View Post


....You can get great clarity from full sized headphones too.... Imo it really depends more on which headphones / IEMs you are talking about.....


Stick a pair of IEMS in and compare it to full sized headphones and tell me which one is MORE clear. You can obviously hear more from an IEM with less volume . Maybe clear was the wrong "definition" but it gets to your head quicker, and with a good fit it does sound MORE clear. Compare iems and headphones in the same price range, what do you get more precise sound out of?

post #179 of 215
Thread Starter 

Well I bought the TF10's for $120, couldn't pass the deal up. When I get the Monoprice order, I'm sending back the DJ style headphones, and 1 pair of the IEM's. I'll keep a pair of their IEM's just for mowing, etc, when I dont really wanna worry about getting my TF10's dirty ya know. Man I hope they impress me.

post #180 of 215

There is no hard and fast rule on IEMs vs. on ear vs. over ear vs. anything else. Plenty of top performers in all categories are of each type. You may be confusing the ability to isolate, and thus have a clearer canvas on which details can emerge, with actual detail retrieval, which any kind of headphone/IEM/etc. can be capable or incapable of.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azynneo View Post


Stick a pair of IEMS in and compare it to full sized headphones and tell me which one is MORE clear. You can obviously hear more from an IEM with less volume . Maybe clear was the wrong "definition" but it gets to your head quicker, and with a good fit it does sound MORE clear. Compare iems and headphones in the same price range, what do you get more precise sound out of?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Best Headphones?