New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JVC HAFX3x vs. Sony XB90EX - Page 2

post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by metabaron View Post

I'm a little worried that my iPod touch wont be able to properly drive the Sony's without an amp. How much volume would they require? Would the Adagio 3 be a better buy in that respect?

don't worry. impedance is 16 ohms and sensitivity is quite high 106db IIRC. they sound loud even fro my sansa clip+ without any amp... and I mean loud at -20-25db... so yeah, you definitelly don't have to factor that when choosing from those...

post #17 of 27

i use the itouch myself. its more about choosing the right sound. sony for the smooth mids, and a more colored sound. adagio if you want the clean sound with much more forward highs and bass as well... Im too sensitive to their highs.

cant go wrong with either, both very good.

post #18 of 27
Thanks guys, never thought it would be this hard to pick between bassy headphones, but there are so many good choices out there. I have definitely narrowed it down to the Sonys and the Adagio 3. Will do a little more research, I saw they were discussing them at the disco ring thread, but you guys' help has been great.
post #19 of 27

There are many sellers on ebay selling the HAFX3X for around $20 shipped now.  Is there anything better for the price?

 

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_sop=15&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=ha-fx3x&LH_PrefLoc=0

post #20 of 27

just ordered jvc fx3x

wondering is sony xb90ex better than fx3x in every way?

if yes..i'll order sony by returning jvc..

please can anyone tell me which is better and why

post #21 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnan10 View Post

just ordered jvc fx3x

wondering is sony xb90ex better than fx3x in every way?

if yes..i'll order sony by returning jvc..

please can anyone tell me which is better and why

Someone please reply me frown.gif

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
post #22 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnan10 View Post

Someone please reply me frown.gif

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

I've order before a jvc in ebay and I believe the one that Ive got is fake. Because I've compared the sound between my sony and the jvc just sound flat....
post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel V View Post


I've order before a jvc in ebay and I believe the one that Ive got is fake. Because I've compared the sound between my sony and the jvc just sound flat....

can you give me that ebay link(that where you have bought) please? smile.gif

post #24 of 27

I bought the JVC from this guy:

 

http://stores.ebay.com/pandjshop-International

post #25 of 27

i dont know if anyone covered this -but the jvc hafx-3x need an enormous amount of burn in. im talking 300 hours to perform at theyre very best.true story!

non-believers of burn in,may i present to you the magnificent jvc hafx-3x (after 300 hours) if Dsnut took another shot at these after burn in it would be a whole different review.imho

post #26 of 27

i currentl own jvc hafx3x iam wondering is it worth buying the mdrxb90ex  or do you know of any good iem under 75 $suitable  for bassheads

post #27 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkoforever90 View Post

i currentl own jvc hafx3x iam wondering is it worth buying the mdrxb90ex  or do you know of any good iem under 75 $suitable  for bassheads

The fx3x have great clean bass, but peaky/harsh highs. Bass is one of a kind, so expect a sidegrade in that respect. The xb90 are a much warmer sound, with better mids and smoother highs. Bass goes low and stay in their place. Easily one of my all time faves.
If you want a great bass phone for ~50 (looks like they are $40 on amazon) go for the cardo basso. More basshead kind of bass. Mids not as good, but smooth highs and a better fit than the Sony.
Edited by daveyostrow - 12/14/14 at 8:08pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: