Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ready to get some low/mid-fi portable iem's or over the ear's......which ones??? ( < $100)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ready to get some low/mid-fi portable iem's or over the ear's......which ones??? ( < $100) - Page 2

post #16 of 27

I think they have a nice sound signature that's smooth yet detailed along with a good amount of bass and an above average soundstage.  They sound better than the HF5 imo which cost around the same ($99 on Amazon for the cobalt blue).

 

Theres plenty of IEM's out there where some are going to have a problem here and there but the vast majority are going to be fine.  Out of the 100's if not into the 1000's of the EPH-100 Yamaha has sold how many have had problems, I'm betting its a very small percentage.

post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post

IMO, they are not worth 115. Perhaps you could explain why you think they are worth that.
Jim
PS I would not take a chance with them.

 

AstroTurf, you seem like a nice guy until you say things like this that make me just want to punch my laptop screen.

 

1) You've NEVER heard the earphone.

2) You don't have a concrete percentage of the number of people that have had problems.

 

Yet, you are willing to outright bash an iem that you've never seen or been within 5 miles of. I think there's a forum rule stating that you should steer clear of trying to make speculation seem like fact.

post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

AstroTurf, you seem like a nice guy until you say things like this that make me just want to punch my laptop screen.

 

1) You've NEVER heard the earphone.

2) You don't have a concrete percentage of the number of people that have had problems.

 

Yet, you are willing to outright bash an iem that you've never seen or been within 5 miles of. I think there's a forum rule stating that you should steer clear of trying to make speculation seem like fact.

 

 

LOL, I was just about to state something to that effect.

post #19 of 27

I'm not trying to be mean or bash on you its just some of the things you say baffle me and sometimes I don't think you know all the facts about a topic of conversation that's going on.  I'm sure your intentions or good and I'm glad your apart of the Head Fi community but be more mindful about some of the things you post.

post #20 of 27

take a look at the shure se215 and the westone um1 (a bit old, but really comfy and nice)

 

both are good iems and are around 100 bucks

post #21 of 27

For an over-the-ear, go with the Shure SRH440.

 

It may look big, but it is portable. I take it on the bus with me every day. Super solid well-built 'phones, and the IEM worry of the cable eventually messing up is nonexistent because the cable is super thick and replacable for about 10 dollars!

post #22 of 27

I've really been enjoying my Etymotic HF5's, sound way better than their 100 dollar price tag!

post #23 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trower View Post

I've really been enjoying my Etymotic HF5's, sound way better than their 100 dollar price tag!

oh yeah, the hf5 is also fantastic. insane amount of isolation

post #24 of 27
I also do not need to personally experience drinking Drano to know it's bad for my health.

I can as a reasonable adult with common sense determine what is good or bad.

Enough off topic talk though, lets get back to the Best Value for the OP.

Cheers, Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

AstroTurf, you seem like a nice guy until you say things like this that make me just want to punch my laptop screen.

1) You've NEVER heard the earphone.
2) You don't have a concrete percentage of the number of people that have had problems.

Yet, you are willing to outright bash an iem that you've never seen or been within 5 miles of. I think there's a forum rule stating that you should steer clear of trying to make speculation seem like fact.
post #25 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroTurf View Post

I also do not need to personally experience drinking Drano to know it's bad for my health.
I can as a reasonable adult with common sense determine what is good or bad.
Enough off topic talk though, lets get back to the Best Value for the OP.
Cheers, Jim

 

 

.....Drano?

 

Sigh.

post #26 of 27

Don't believe me?

 

Go an try some...

 

LOLz, Jim

 

PS Point Made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

 

.....Drano?

 

Sigh.

post #27 of 27

ATH-CKM500

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Ready to get some low/mid-fi portable iem's or over the ear's......which ones??? ( < $100)