Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions - Page 154

post #2296 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapX629 View Post
 

That's why I love VSonic's stock medium tips. It sounds like the MH1 tips are a good alternative if your ears are bigger or can't get a seal with the stock tips.

 

The stock tips didn't work at all for me. Another reason i recommend the MH1 tips is that they attenuate the treble. This is not as important with the BE as it is V shaped anyway, but the treble can really ruin the sound balance of the regular GR07 if those spikes are left unchecked.

post #2297 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiesOfAzel View Post

They do fit the GR07 but i got better results with the MH1 tips. Better isolation and more linear treble. Still, every ear is shaped differently so the hybrids might work better for you.

[EDIT]
Bore size is the same between the MH1 and the hybrid tips, the differences are length and texture. The MH1 tips provide a deeper and more secure insertion, to me at least. These also translates in substantial differences in sound. The MH1 is as cheap as dirt and a very good sounding budget iem, so i would get one (i own several :P) for the tips as well as the sound.
The mh1 tips are probably the best tips I've ever used. They work on a majority of my iems, seal well and sound great. If only there was a place to buy them in bulk. That would be awesome.
post #2298 of 2490

GR07BE is about 50 ohm. Can I run properly with Nokia Lumia 920?

 

Because I need to wait until buy Fiio X3.

 

And what do you think about GR07BE with Fiio X3?

 

I'm country,classical,symphonies,jazz some times rock and pop listener


Edited by ardacumhur - 8/21/14 at 12:16am
post #2299 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardacumhur View Post

GR07BE is about 50 ohm. Can I run properly with Nokia Lumia 920?

Because I need to wait until buy Fiio X3.

And what do you think about GR07BE with Fiio X3?

I'm country,classical,symphonies,jazz some times rock and pop listener
my GR07BE sounds really good through my android phone without an amp IMHO. Ymmv but an amp isn't required imo
post #2300 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardacumhur View Post
 

GR07BE is about 50 ohm. Can I run properly with Nokia Lumia 920?

 

Because I need to wait until buy Fiio X3.

 

And what do you think about GR07BE with Fiio X3?

 

I'm country,classical,symphonies,jazz some times rock and pop listener

They're really easy to drive, like all VSonics. Not quite as sensitive as tie VSD1 or VSD3, but you won't need an amp and your phone will sound just fine. Nothing to worry about.

post #2301 of 2490

Thank you for your replies, day by day I'm getting close to my gr07be's.

 

In near future, really I need a all in one DAP(DAP+DAC+AMP) because of that I'm planning to buy X3.

 

I hope GR07BE + X3 will be ok

 

What do you think about sound character of GR07BE with X3?

post #2302 of 2490

I'm back in the club...again. :rolleyes:

post #2303 of 2490


I like them so much I bought a second pair. My first pair is a little flaky on the left side but still good. Will try and recable them soon. I did open them to see how hard it is to recable.

The housing is easily opened with a blade


post #2304 of 2490


I tried a recable but the thick cable I used from the canare quads star changed the sound too much. A massive loss was the soundstage. I'm going to change it back or try a much thinner cable. I think it may be due to the cable taking up space in the enclosure
post #2305 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardacumhur View Post

Thank you for your replies, day by day I'm getting close to my gr07be's.

In near future, really I need a all in one DAP(DAP+DAC+AMP) because of that I'm planning to buy X3.

I hope GR07BE + X3 will be ok

What do you think about sound character of GR07BE with X3?
They sound great together, you will be happy with them both!
post #2306 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardacumhur View Post
 

Thank you for your replies, day by day I'm getting close to my gr07be's.

 

In near future, really I need a all in one DAP(DAP+DAC+AMP) because of that I'm planning to buy X3.

 

I hope GR07BE + X3 will be ok

 

What do you think about sound character of GR07BE with X3?

GR07BE will sound good with anything. A good DAP can only make it better, but it sounds good with anything.

post #2307 of 2490

Just received my 1st ever GR07 BE today

 

Straight out of the box, plugged it in to Aune T1's headphone out, playing >320kbps songs out of itunes

 

OMG !! :eek:

 

 

Now I understand what the hype is all about :D

 

Just for reference, at this point I have EarSonic SM64 v2, Phonak Audeo 112, HiFiman Re400, Shure 215, Hisound Wooduo.

 

 

I can see this GR07BE becoming my fave IEM :wink_face:

 

 

Now looking forward to how much the sound sig will change after burn in (if any)

 

 

 

This IEM ROCKS !!!

post #2308 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KepinCemit View Post
 

Just received my 1st ever GR07 BE today

 

Straight out of the box, plugged it in to Aune T1's headphone out, playing >320kbps songs out of itunes

 

OMG !! :eek:

 

 

Now I understand what the hype is all about :D

 

Just for reference, at this point I have EarSonic SM64 v2, Phonak Audeo 112, HiFiman Re400, Shure 215, Hisound Wooduo.

 

 

I can see this GR07BE becoming my fave IEM :wink_face:

 

 

Now looking forward to how much the sound sig will change after burn in (if any)

 

 

 

This IEM ROCKS !!!

Really? Compare GR07BE with Hifiman RE-400 and shure se215, which one will be the winner?


Edited by ardacumhur - 8/26/14 at 4:02am
post #2309 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by KepinCemit View Post
 

Just received my 1st ever GR07 BE today

 

Straight out of the box, plugged it in to Aune T1's headphone out, playing >320kbps songs out of itunes

 

OMG !! :eek:

 

 

Now I understand what the hype is all about :D

 

Just for reference, at this point I have EarSonic SM64 v2, Phonak Audeo 112, HiFiman Re400, Shure 215, Hisound Wooduo.

 

 

I can see this GR07BE becoming my fave IEM :wink_face:

 

 

Now looking forward to how much the sound sig will change after burn in (if any)

 

 

 

This IEM ROCKS !!!

 

Just wait till you've got 150 hours burn in. Amazing for the price!!

post #2310 of 2490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardacumhur View Post
 

Really? Compare GR07BE with Hifiman RE-400 and shure se215, which one will be the winner?

I've had all of those. By far, the GR07BE in most ways, the RE400s second best and a little better for acoustic/vocal genre than the GR07BE, the SE215 a distant last

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions