Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions - Page 16

post #226 of 2398

Thanks. You gave me a lot of choices I will start doing some research. Thanks again.

post #227 of 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

eek.gif

 

My grandma could walk to Canada faster than your package could get there!

 

Your grandma finally got here with my gr07be's wink.gif

 

Love the cable and the comfort. Not enough tips though lol! It will take a while to experiment with them all.

 

The gr07be's that I got apparently have approx 20 hours on them, so not a lot of time. They do sound very nice, although I think I was expecting a bit more bass. I haven't tried many of the tips though, so possibly I am not getting the optimal fit/seal yet. And I realize that I have another 280 hours of burn-in to get those biocellulose drivers to optimal levels lol.

 

As a side note, they sound pretty darned nice out of my E12 as well. Cool.

post #228 of 2398
Can't wait to here more of your impression of the bass edition wayne smily_headphones1.gif , as a side note my fxd80 finally have 508hrs on it and them carbon nanotube have become crazy smooth,. No more treble spike or midbass hump, vocals are much better biggrin.gif.
post #229 of 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Your grandma finally got here with my gr07be's wink.gif

 

Love the cable and the comfort. Not enough tips though lol! It will take a while to experiment with them all.

 

The gr07be's that I got apparently have approx 20 hours on them, so not a lot of time. They do sound very nice, although I think I was expecting a bit more bass. I haven't tried many of the tips though, so possibly I am not getting the optimal fit/seal yet. And I realize that I have another 280 hours of burn-in to get those biocellulose drivers to optimal levels lol.

 

As a side note, they sound pretty darned nice out of my E12 as well. Cool.

 

Sweet. I'd say just let them burn in your ears.

 

Try the MH1C tips on them. They're the best silicone tips for the GR07, period.

post #230 of 2398
Good advice about burn in your ears, and the mh1c tips (they are the best for a lot of my iems - need more!).

I am in the process of falling in love with these things. Listening to Dire Straits Telegraph Road via galaxy tab2 + neutron player + noozxoide. Suweeeeet.
post #231 of 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

 

Sweet. I'd say just let them burn in your ears.

 

Try the MH1C tips on them. They're the best silicone tips for the GR07, period.

The MH1C tips I use on the MH1C seal like a vacuum which is great but then I put that same set onto the GR07 and although they do seal well, the Blue one that came with the GR07 work better. Must just be the slight difference on nozzle build.

post #232 of 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes world View Post

 

Your grandma finally got here with my gr07be's wink.gif

 

Love the cable and the comfort. Not enough tips though lol! It will take a while to experiment with them all.

 

The gr07be's that I got apparently have approx 20 hours on them, so not a lot of time. They do sound very nice, although I think I was expecting a bit more bass. I haven't tried many of the tips though, so possibly I am not getting the optimal fit/seal yet. And I realize that I have another 280 hours of burn-in to get those biocellulose drivers to optimal levels lol.

 

As a side note, they sound pretty darned nice out of my E12 as well. Cool.

For me the BE began to truely shine after about 75+ hours, but there were times when I would let them play without listening so it's hard to pinpoint.  They definitely improve over time, that's for sure, but I was wowed out of the box as well.  These don't have what's known as a mid-bass hump, nor does the bass bleed into the mids like most 'bassy' headphones and IEMs, so at first you may think there is less bass.  Just give it a week or two, and you will grow to appreciate what these are capable of in the lower regions.  There specialty is frequency range more than it is impact, but I can honestly say these will satisfy most needs - you may just need some 'brain burn in' adjustment if you are coming from one of those 'typical' bassy headphone types.  Seal is also pretty crucial.  I haven't been able to try these with the MH1C tips, but I the stock tips that are pre-installed sound great if they fit you, and official Sony Hybrids sound equally as good to me, so I use those because they are the most comfortable.  I have heard the MH1C were a favorite for the MKII so that is probably the case with the BE as well. The bass is quite refined and textured, and has a natural and realistic presence IMO.  It sounds just as good for rock/metal as it does for electronic/IDM to me, these are indeed very versatile for genres, which is great because I would rather have one pair in while traveling instead of switching between different pairs.

post #233 of 2398

So, I guess there will be no GR07 MK1 for eke2k6 be compare head-to-head with the MK2 and BE models... frown.gif

post #234 of 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchm View Post

Thanks. You gave me a lot of choices I will start doing some research. Thanks again.

NP.  I actually went on to read alot more about the SoundMagic HP100 and HP200 and now I really want to hear a pair!  They seem to be turning alot of heads.

post #235 of 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocoolhifi View Post

The MH1C tips I use on the MH1C seal like a vacuum which is great but then I put that same set onto the GR07 and although they do seal well, the Blue one that came with the GR07 work better. Must just be the slight difference on nozzle build.

 

Ok, I found the bass biggrin.gif

 

Gave the blue ones a whirl, and managed to get a deeper insertion, and get the nozzles angled properly (great feature btw!), and now I am getting the bass extension and quality that I was looking for, and the rest of the sound is basically beautiful.

post #236 of 2398

Thanks modulor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modulor View Post

For me the BE began to truely shine after about 75+ hours, but there were times when I would let them play without listening so it's hard to pinpoint.  They definitely improve over time, that's for sure, but I was wowed out of the box as well. 

 

I just needed to get the right tips/insertion/seal. Consider me now wowed :) 

 

Quote:
These don't have what's known as a mid-bass hump, nor does the bass bleed into the mids like most 'bassy' headphones and IEMs, so at first you may think there is less bass.  Just give it a week or two, and you will grow to appreciate what these are capable of in the lower regions.

 

No worries - I already appreciate the lower regions. Handled similarly to how my ad900x's handles it. Beautifully.

 

 

Quote:
Seal is also pretty crucial.  I haven't been able to try these with the MH1C tips, but I the stock tips that are pre-installed sound great if they fit you, and official Sony Hybrids sound equally as good to me, so I use those because they are the most comfortable.  I have heard the MH1C were a favorite for the MKII so that is probably the case with the BE as well.

 

Yup. I'll try the mh1c tips again to see if I can get the same results. But at the moment, the blue tips are doing it for me.

 

Quote:
The bass is quite refined and textured, and has a natural and realistic presence IMO.  It sounds just as good for rock/metal as it does for electronic/IDM to me, these are indeed very versatile for genres, which is great because I would rather have one pair in while traveling instead of switching between different pairs.

 

Agreed. That's what I also think about the ad900x's, so it is great to have iem's that are similar. And pairing both the ad900x's and the gr07be's with the E12 (version 1) works very nicely as well, because the E12 version 1 bass boost affects mainly just the sub-bass region (but in a subtle way), which essentially just refines and textures the bass a bit more.

 

It's all good! :)

post #237 of 2398
Nice to here that your loving them bad boys wayne biggrin.gif....gotta tell everyone on the fxz200 thread about how epic they are as well biggrin.gif
post #238 of 2398

Btw, is it recommended to use the ear guides? I have not been using them, but I am wondering if I should be. For instance, does it lessen the likelihood of damaging the cable? I searched this thread but couldn't find any info (maybe the search is not working at the moment).

post #239 of 2398
Don't need the guide
post #240 of 2398
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Nice to here that your loving them bad boys wayne biggrin.gif....gotta tell everyone on the fxz200 thread about how epic they are as well biggrin.gif

 

It would be fun, but I'd just get beat up since I have never heard them. And now that the Master Troll (cough, sfwalcer, cough) has the fxz200's, I'd be in real trouble!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions