Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions - Page 150

post #2236 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


no 50$ iem can beat any 1000$  iem

 

i agree some good cheap iem's may be better than pricier ones,sure but don't expect miracles here man.

and matter of fact is that both gr07 and vsd1 are manufactured by vsonic only which makes it even more difficult.

 

also vsd3 will have a detachable cable increasing its cost of production and its still going for just 60-65$ so yeah i am hopeful but not so much that its gonna topple gr07.

 

i hope it does,,,but i don't think it will.

 

as with every iem there will be initial hype just like mh1 hype but i think vsd series is their entry level series and gr series is the top of the line one so there ought to be distinction.

I've heard my share of poor/average performing 1000$ IEMs. Performance doesn't correlate to sound performance, build quality, yes, to some extent. MH1 is still better than say the Ultrasone IQ, which is 1000$

post #2237 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

I've heard my share of poor/average performing 1000$ IEMs. Performance doesn't correlate to sound performance, build quality, yes, to some extent. MH1 is still better than say the Ultrasone IQ, which is 1000$


never heard ultrasone iq or anything above 250-300$ for the matter,i admit.

 

but i am not a great fan of mh1,,,i love its super smooth vocals but its just not neutral enough and the bass is too loose.

yes i admit it may be better than some 60-80$ iem,,thats it.

 

mee a161p,re-400 are all better than mh1(heard re-400 finally 2 days back)

 

ultrasone iq must be really bad then i guess

post #2238 of 2354

A161P is terrible...hope you didn't get a bad batch of MH1C, though youre safe if you got the regular MH1. MH1 just has that bass issue, but heck I'll say it's got better treble than every 1000$ IEMs I've heard, which includes Sennheiser IE800, K3003, Shure SE846, Ultrasone IQ and FI-BA-SS. All those mentioned have their share of issues and IMO, you're just paying mostly for prestige and build quality rather than performance. 

post #2239 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

A161P is terrible...hope you didn't get a bad batch of MH1C, though youre safe if you got the regular MH1. MH1 just has that bass issue, but heck I'll say it's got better treble than every 1000$ IEMs I've heard, which includes Sennheiser IE800, K3003, Shure SE846, Ultrasone IQ and FI-BA-SS. All those mentioned have their share of issues and IMO, you're just paying mostly for prestige and build quality rather than performance. 


i think u got a bad a161p,,,they are amazing imho.

as for mh1 i prefer even ex083(15$) over them.

 

the treble is too smooth and i don't like such smoothness,i prefer the punch of gr07.

 

the bass sucks and its apparent during the drums in a rock song,,its just not coherent at all.

but i agree in a predominantly vocal song without much instruments it sounds amazing,awesome i would say.

 

i am actually interested in sennheiser ie 800,,,whats ur experience??reviews are just too good for it describing it one of the best universal

post #2240 of 2354
Funny you say that, I've had 3 A161ps due to poor build, all sounded the same, dark and compressed.
post #2241 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Funny you say that, I've had 3 A161ps due to poor build, all sounded the same, dark and compressed.


i think u and me have a different taste,,,i like a more balanced approach to sound.

although a161p were not that neutral,they fared far better than mh-1 imho.

 

soundstage was not a strong point for a161p,,,btw they have been discontinued!!!

post #2242 of 2354

i can't stand the MH1 without a bass reduction EQ, once that's done the A161P can't stand a chance because the poor BA doesn't respond well to EQ. 

post #2243 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

i can't stand the MH1 without a bass reduction EQ, once that's done the A161P can't stand a chance because the poor BA doesn't respond well to EQ. 


ya thats my problem right there,,,i hate eq.

eq affects the whole spectrum beside the specific change u make so i prefer no eq setting.

 

but i just have a clip+,maybe better players with hardware eq have better effects

post #2244 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

Funny you say that, I've had 3 A161ps due to poor build, all sounded the same, dark and compressed.
It sounds like you're describing the a151p rather than the a 161p. The a161p is pretty good IMHO and the a151p was a great build quality but sounded like crap. The a161p sounded great but build quality was crap with that cheap and flimsy wire.
post #2245 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post


i think u got a bad a161p,,,they are amazing imho.
as for mh1 i prefer even ex083(15$) over them.

the treble is too smooth and i don't like such smoothness,i prefer the punch of gr07.

the bass sucks and its apparent during the drums in a rock song,,its just not coherent at all.
but i agree in a predominantly vocal song without much instruments it sounds amazing,awesome i would say.

i am actually interested in sennheiser ie 800,,,whats ur experience??reviews are just too good for it describing it one of the best universal
Sounds like you go more for less bass and more treble, and like micro details.

Mh1 is incredible (aside from the junk cord) sounding IMHO.

It all comes down to preference rather than saying something stinks.
post #2246 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoundfi View Post


Sounds like you go more for less bass and more treble, and like micro details.

Mh1 is incredible (aside from the junk cord) sounding IMHO.

It all comes down to preference rather than saying something stinks.


i never said mh1 stinks,,i only said its equivalent to at the best a 60-80$ iem.............

post #2247 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

I've heard my share of poor/average performing 1000$ IEMs. Performance doesn't correlate to sound performance, build quality, yes, to some extent. MH1 is still better than say the Ultrasone IQ, which is 1000$

Yeah, IQ was pretty awful when I listened to it... then again I didn't get an ideal seal. But still, that treble, yuck.

post #2248 of 2354

This I will say, the best $1000 IEM pisses out of the first class restroom of an Airbus A380 flying at 30,000 feet, down on the best $50 IEM in existence, as it rolls around in the dung on a Canadian moose ranch.

 

That's some distance :wink_face:

post #2249 of 2354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivabign View Post
 

This I will say, the best $1000 IEM pisses out of the first class restroom of an Airbus A380 flying at 30,000 feet, down on the best $50 IEM in existence, as it rolls around in the dung on a Canadian moose ranch.

 

That's some distance :wink_face:

No argument from me ;)

post #2250 of 2354

Mine are back with LMUE. They've been there for a week now. No idea what's going on. They've stopped replying to ticket / emails.

Anyone know if, for any reason, LMUE are 'out' for some reason?

 

Cheers.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions