Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions - Page 149

post #2221 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynx121 View Post

I'm about to buy this to replace my VSD1 but I have one concern. I often lie down while listening to music and VSD1 has really been comfortable for me even with lying down sidewards unlike my Brainwavz B2. Can anybody confirm if it is comfortable to lie down sidewards while wearing GR07?

Well if you want to save some $$$ you can buy the new breed VSD3/S.....reason being,on par with GR07-initial impressions. But please note that theres a little wait time for it as just we 2 pre-orders processed(lmue). And may be they stock in bulkyinstead 3rd PO. In about week's time or two more impressions to follow.
post #2222 of 2272

As much as I love the sound of these phones, it feels like the longer I have them the worse the fit is in my right ear. Ive never had such problems before, only with these. Although it is sad, if the vsd3s sound anywhere near as good, and are more comfortable, these will not get much use. 

post #2223 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird123 View Post

As much as I love the sound of these phones, it feels like the longer I have them the worse the fit is in my right ear. Ive never had such problems before, only with these. Although it is sad, if the vsd3s sound anywhere near as good, and are more comfortable, these will not get much use. 
I have the same issue with the right side, I try different tips and change them often. I do not real feel any discomfort until a few hours have passed even then I just tolerate it because of the sound, if it becomes to much I just pop on the M100s and no issues.
post #2224 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird123 View Post
 

As much as I love the sound of these phones, it feels like the longer I have them the worse the fit is in my right ear. Ive never had such problems before, only with these. Although it is sad, if the vsd3s sound anywhere near as good, and are more comfortable, these will not get much use. 


there is 0 chance that a 50$ iem will beat these,,,,ain't gonna happen.

on the fit though yeah same problem with me too!!!

 

my right ear canal is smaller than the left it seems and there are serious fit issues,,,,i use the violet one without foam

post #2225 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post
 


there is 0 chance that a 50$ iem will beat these,,,,ain't gonna happen.

on the fit though yeah same problem with me too!!!

 

my right ear canal is smaller than the left it seems and there are serious fit issues,,,,i use the violet one without foam

 

I didn't say they would beat them, I said if they were anywhere NEAR AS GOOD, I would accept that trade off for a better fit. Every other iem ive used has fit fine, the same in both ears in fact. I would go far as to say that if they were even 70 percent of the gr07 i would be pleased. 

post #2226 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird123 View Post
 

 

I didn't say they would beat them, I said if they were anywhere NEAR AS GOOD, I would accept that trade off for a better fit. Every other iem ive used has fit fine, the same in both ears in fact. I would go far as to say that if they were even 70 percent of the gr07 i would be pleased. 


na man,,,u will miss gr07 i am telling u.

 

but yes the fit really sucks and same freaking right side everytime,lol.

but its the same company so it may be same problem again.

 

why don't u try something like tdk ba200??sell ur gr07 if u are having so many problems

post #2227 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post


na man,,,u will miss gr07 i am telling u.

but yes the fit really sucks and same freaking right side everytime,lol.
but its the same company so it may be same problem again.

why don't u try something like tdk ba200??sell ur gr07 if u are having so many problems

Not to disappoint you,but, its our ear's issue not to do with any mfr's.....thats where the tip rollin comes.no mfr will design 2 diff ear shells either. Its our ear canals that really matters and so the tips to align nozzle size and mouth. Just my2 cents!
post #2228 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


Not to disappoint you,but, its our ear's issue not to do with any mfr's.....thats where the tip rollin comes.no mfr will design 2 diff ear shells either. Its our ear canals that really matters and so the tips to align nozzle size and mouth. Just my2 cents!


i know that man but i have no issues with any other earphone with same vsonic tips,,,,so the issue is complicated and cannot be blamed only on my ear size difference,no.

 

my m3,pro coppers,mh1 all fit perfectly

post #2229 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by sardar17 View Post


there is 0 chance that a 50$ iem will beat these,,,,ain't gonna happen.

uh-huh, last year they introduced 3 models,vsd1/1s/le that were bred to achieve 80% of gr07 and it did receive rave reviews everywhere. And this time VSD3/S, we expect to par with gr07 atleast,against 4Rish(rumours has it) for the same price of vsd1s. So the legit reviews/impressions in about 2-3 weeks time will shed some light,bright.just my comment, not biased nor to disappoint any but I can say vsonic has the potential and expertise to sink their own FS iems with their own breeds that are fraction of FS cost. Ofcourse gr07 is a class of its own!
post #2230 of 2272

VDS3 is just a dual BA using knowles/sonion drivers I believe, I don't expect nothing that special even with optimal tuning. 

 

VDS1 series does sound a lot like the GR07, they just capped the treble. 

post #2231 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post

VDS3 is just a dual BA using knowles/sonion drivers I believe, I don't expect nothing that special even with optimal tuning. 

VDS1 series does sound a lot like the GR07, they just capped the treble. 

No sir its dynamic.....dual BA cant be get at this price tag...
post #2232 of 2272

Ah yeah, good call, sorry last I heard it was going to be a dual BA.

 

Now I wonder if it's the usual 11mm size they use....

post #2233 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn71 View Post


uh-huh, last year they introduced 3 models,vsd1/1s/le that were bred to achieve 80% of gr07 and it did receive rave reviews everywhere. And this time VSD3/S, we expect to par with gr07 atleast,against 4Rish(rumours has it) for the same price of vsd1s. So the legit reviews/impressions in about 2-3 weeks time will shed some light,bright.just my comment, not biased nor to disappoint any but I can say vsonic has the potential and expertise to sink their own FS iems with their own breeds that are fraction of FS cost. Ofcourse gr07 is a class of its own!


people lie all the time,,,,my brother is getting vsd1 soon enough and i will compare them to my gr07 myself to see what they are capable of.

 

vsd1 received rave reviews due to very low cost,,not supreme sound quality btw,,and 80% of gr07 makes no sense whatsoever as u cannot quantify the sound.

there are people who claim that mh1 is better than their ciem's too,,,do u believe them??

then some are claiming that carbo tenure beats the sony xba h3 hands down,,,lol.................do u believe that??

 

people just make all sorts of claims but there is a reason that vsd1 cost just 50$

post #2234 of 2272

thing is though, IEMs and pricing means nothing in my experience. Unlike speakers, there is no standard and most manufacturers are just putting their take on fidelity and some with almost no research and inflated pricing. So in the IEM world, yes a 50$ IEM can beat a 1000$ one. Matter of fact, the fact that IEMs got into the 1000$ range just shows how silly pricing has gotten...

 

Once the science advances and it becomes more like speakers, those top of the line IEM will be the ones closest to those well established plots and those it will become more about build quality and hopefully pricing becomes more competitive and less silly

post #2235 of 2272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inks View Post
 

thing is though, IEMs and pricing means nothing in my experience. Unlike speakers, there is no standard and most manufacturers are just putting their take on fidelity and some with almost no research and inflated pricing. So in the IEM world, yes a 50$ IEM can beat a 1000$ one. Matter of fact, the fact that IEMs got into the 1000$ range just shows how silly pricing has gotten...

 

Once the science advances and it becomes more like speakers, those top of the line IEM will be the ones closest to those well established plots and those it will become more about build quality and hopefully pricing becomes more competitive and less silly


no 50$ iem can beat any 1000$  iem

 

i agree some good cheap iem's may be better than pricier ones,sure but don't expect miracles here man.

and matter of fact is that both gr07 and vsd1 are manufactured by vsonic only which makes it even more difficult.

 

also vsd3 will have a detachable cable increasing its cost of production and its still going for just 60-65$ so yeah i am hopeful but not so much that its gonna topple gr07.

 

i hope it does,,,but i don't think it will.

 

as with every iem there will be initial hype just like mh1 hype but i think vsd series is their entry level series and gr series is the top of the line one so there ought to be distinction.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions