or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions - Page 140

post #2086 of 2650

This is the lastest post by Lendmeurears on facebook:

...
Good News: Due to popular response, the GR07 Bass will be back in production! The eta of the new batch should be in late March or early April. However, the GR07 Mk2 will be gone for good and will be replaced by the GR07 Classic. 

As for the VSD3, if things goes as planned, it should arrive between mid march to early April. 
...

 

For those who still wants to get the GR07 BE, I think you can email them/ check back the website next month.

post #2087 of 2650

Wow, there are newer phones out there that are better sounding and cheaper than the BE and Vsonic hasn't released phones they originally slated for last fall yet. Who really wants them to keep producing that in favor of having the the VSD7 Bass here as soon as possible? The market is progressing so fast.

 

I guess people are weary of Vsonic disappointing with new stuff like Hifiman where a bunch of people would still like the RE262 and RE272.

 

What about the bio-cellulose driver? First they weren't using it anymore? Now there is talk that the GR07 Classic has it and now the BE can continue production. This could only be possible if they are getting the driver or then it isn't actually the same as the previous BE right?. Then that begs the question of what are they are gonna charge for the BE if there is a classic that is $119/on sale for $99 that still has the driver.


Edited by jant71 - 3/2/14 at 6:40am
post #2088 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

Wow, there are newer phones out there that are better sounding and cheaper than the BE and Vsonic hasn't released phones they originally slated for last fall yet. Who really wants them to keep producing that in favor of having the the VSD7 Bass here as soon as possible? The market is progressing so fast.

 

I guess people are weary of Vsonic disappointing with new stuff like Hifiman where a bunch of people would still like the RE262 and RE272.

 

What about the bio-cellulose driver? First they weren't using it anymore? Now there is talk that the GR07 Classic has it and now the BE can continue production. This could only be possible if they are getting the driver or then it isn't actually the same as the previous BE right?. Then that begs the question of what are they are gonna charge for the BE if there is a classic that is $119/on sale for $99 that still has the driver.

 

Can you point me to those better sounding and cheaper earphones?

post #2089 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post
 

Wow, there are newer phones out there that are better sounding and cheaper than the BE and Vsonic hasn't released phones they originally slated for last fall yet. Who really wants them to keep producing that in favor of having the the VSD7 Bass here as soon as possible? The market is progressing so fast.

 

I guess people are weary of Vsonic disappointing with new stuff like Hifiman where a bunch of people would still like the RE262 and RE272.

 

What about the bio-cellulose driver? First they weren't using it anymore? Now there is talk that the GR07 Classic has it and now the BE can continue production. This could only be possible if they are getting the driver or then it isn't actually the same as the previous BE right?. Then that begs the question of what are they are gonna charge for the BE if there is a classic that is $119/on sale for $99 that still has the driver.

I'm wondering exactly what you think sounds better for less money? The Bass Edition is now $130 shipped to your door, offers adjustable nozzles to allow for a better fit and ability to direct the sound properly. 

post #2090 of 2650
Just a couple of example like the IM70, TE05, M200. Debatable about other stuff like the B3 Pro and some of the other dual hybrids but it is starting to be passed by. Many, including me, would pay about $10 more for the DN-1000. Those are not cheaper but favored in sound for only a few bucks more and a better value.
post #2091 of 2650

Honestly, this is more down to personal preference rather than much of an actual technical superiority. Personal preference is that thing that usually turns a sidegrade into a "better sounding", " a lot better" iem and such. So superiority is always debatable, especially given the gr07's $130 price tag.

post #2092 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by jant71 View Post

Just a couple of example like the IM70, TE05, M200. Debatable about other stuff like the B3 Pro and some of the other dual hybrids but it is starting to be passed by. Many, including me, would pay about $10 more for the DN-1000. Those are not cheaper but favored in sound for only a few bucks more and a better value.

uhhh all the examples you posted are highly debatable. 

they arent necessarily better than the gr07be...

post #2093 of 2650

That's why I asked, for the last 2 months I have been trying to find a cheap upgrade to the GR07 BE without any success. Closest thing would be the DN-1000, but is not cheaper than the GR07

post #2094 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihead View Post
 

That's why I asked, for the last 2 months I have been trying to find a cheap upgrade to the GR07 BE without any success. Closest thing would be the DN-1000, but is not cheaper than the GR07

Well, that's exactly the problem - the gr07 is 130 bucks and has a very high performance to price ratio. That's why all the people who keep asking about upgrading it for cheap are having very hard time. Now,  you can get something with different sound in the sub-$200 range that might be more to your liking signature-wise and it might sound better to you - that you can do. But to get an actual upgrade it won't be cheap at all and even with bigger budget you'll still need to find the sound signature and presentation to your liking coz just shelling out 400 bucks on an iem that someone else likes a lot doesn't mean you'll find what you are looking for.

post #2095 of 2650

I've tied several of those iem's and still find the vsonic to be better overall. Each to his own.

 

Oh, the dn-1000 is a $210 iem according to my search. Haven't heard it though.

post #2096 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Each to his own.

 

Well, that's what personal preference is. There are a lot of people who post stuff like "this sounds a lot better" and so on but in my experience most of the times it's usually an overstatement based on personal preference and that's why I try to avoid using the "better sounding" praises unless it's really based on technical performance and instead I just describe the sound and let people decide if that might be something they'll like and might find "better" than what they have currently.

Someone will find an iem lacking in bass quantity, buy something else with more bass and start saying how it  has much better bass than the former based on stuff like quantity or rumble but in reality the former might have faster or tighter bass or better decay and in reality he finds the new iem better just because its bass is more to his liking while actually it just has different bass but not neceserally better technically or better for everyone. The same applies to everything else. Like when someone starts praising an iem for how big is its soundstage but in reality that's because the mids are very laid back and not everyone is willing to sacrifice them for soundstage size. Often people find something that might be better in some regard but lacking in other compared to the iem they were "upgrading from" and that's not really what an upgrade is. 


Edited by kova4a - 3/2/14 at 10:38am
post #2097 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post
 

Well, that's exactly the problem - the gr07 is 130 bucks and has a very high performance to price ratio. That's why all the people who keep asking about upgrading it for cheap are having very hard time. Now,  you can get something with different sound in the sub-$200 range that might be more to your liking signature-wise and it might sound better to you - that you can do. But to get an actual upgrade it won't be cheap at all and even with bigger budget you'll still need to find the sound signature and presentation to your liking coz just shelling out 400 bucks on an iem that someone else likes a lot doesn't mean you'll find what you are looking for.

 

Exactly, I'm sure they are options depending on what you are looking for, but a CLEAR upgrade from the GR07 for less than 200 US$, I don't think such thing exist yet

post #2098 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by reihead View Post
 

 

Exactly, I'm sure they are options depending on what you are looking for, but a CLEAR upgrade from the GR07 for less than 200 US$, I don't think such thing exist yet

The last i checked, some potential upgrades to the GR07 includes the Aclair Reference, CustomArt 330 and the Hiditon NT6. All of them are customs and i think the only non-custom upgrade that I was told would have to be the SE846 or at the very least SE535 LTD. Seems like the GR07 is a pain for those who suffer from upgraditis..

post #2099 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artem View Post
 

The last i checked, some potential upgrades to the GR07 includes the Aclair Reference, CustomArt 330 and the Hiditon NT6. All of them are customs and i think the only non-custom upgrade that I was told would have to be the SE846 or at the very least SE535 LTD. Seems like the GR07 is a pain for those who suffer from upgraditis..

 

Thanks for the list, I was aware of the CustomArt but not the others, though we were trying to keep it under US$200.

post #2100 of 2650

Same here. I'm still on the lookout for good upgrades. I really do hope the new offerings from Vsonic will be the answer to my problem.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions