or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions - Page 136

post #2026 of 2650

^ yes, the hype-force is strong in that one! Lol!

post #2027 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

I can only say that the martin Logan mikros90 sound like them but better in every aspect 😎

Wait, better than the GR07 or the AKGs?

post #2028 of 2650
Better then gr07 dont know about akg
post #2029 of 2650
post #2030 of 2650

I would love to audition/buy martin Logan mikros 90 or any IEM/Headphones better than the GR07BE and these seems much cheaper than the GR07's on Amazon:

 

http://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-Mikros-90-Reference-Headphones/dp/B00A0AOVRS

post #2031 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamorin View Post
 

I would love to audition/buy martin Logan mikros 90 or any IEM/Headphones better than the GR07BE and these seems much cheaper than the GR07's on Amazon:

 

http://www.amazon.com/MartinLogan-Mikros-90-Reference-Headphones/dp/B00A0AOVRS


^ i am a HUGE fan of the gr07 BEs and i would have to agree with mochill that the Logan 90s is better than the gr07s in 3Dness and realism.

 

Bass texture and lushness is better on the BEs, lushness/ forwardness of the mids are on par maybe slightly better on the Logans but the treble extension is for sure better on the Logans. Very well extended yet is never harsh/sibilant/peaky nor bright.

 

The Logans got a crazy clear/ crisp/ clean sound that is revealing is a good way in that it picks up ALL the micro details yet doesn't over emphasize the flaws of the recording/ source, etc. A VERY revealing and resolving set of portables with great staging/ 3Dness that is the most realistic in presentation have heard to date.

 

Here is my short write-up for those that are interested in picking up a great sounding set of cans that is on par if not better than the gr07 BEs. :)

http://www.head-fi.org/t/633514/martin-logan-mikros-90-on-ear-headphones/930#post_10244726


Edited by sfwalcer - 2/10/14 at 9:37pm
post #2032 of 2650

Thanks sfwalcer. I found the soundstage/3D on the GR07MK2 better than GR07 but I think that can't be helped because of the slightly mid-forward SQ of the BE which limits the soundstage. 

post #2033 of 2650
Burn in them for 300hrs if you get the mikros90
post #2034 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamorin View Post
 

Thanks sfwalcer. I found the soundstage/3D on the GR07MK2 better than GR07 but I think that can't be helped because of the slightly mid-forward SQ of the BE which limits the soundstage. 


Yeah no problemo. And here is another revelation i had recently regarding how these gr07 BEs compare to the new kid on da' block that is the DUNU DN1000s........

 

Quote:
 

I actually like them A LOT (referring to the DN1Ks). They don't best the gr07 BEs on all fronts but is a great side grade to them. Lets just say those gr07 BEs are akin to that old school analog sound that has great flavor/ texture but is lacking a bit in HD/3D resolution. These DN1Ks are akin to the new school digital sound that has amazing 3D_ness/ clarity and extension. I like the treble of the DN1Ks more than the BEs, but the bass of the BEs wins in overall texture/ depth. Mids on both are on par. So both are amazing.

 

 

.... so do those new DN1Ks REALLY blows the gr07 BEs outta' the water as some has claimed??? I don't think so at all.

post #2035 of 2650
Burn in the dnk biggrin.gif
post #2036 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Burn in them for 300hrs if you get the mikros90

 

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochill View Post

Burn in the dnk biggrin.gif

 

^ They were already used fool!!! :tongue: So the previous owner put some decent amount of burn on them already and has been burning them since i got them. No changes observed whatsoever, but tip rolling change them dramatically for the better though as with all iems a proper seal/fit is a must.

 

PLUS THEY ARE 2 PARTS BALANCE ARMATURE and ONLY one part dynamic meng. :rolleyes:

 

I am a believer in burn-in but not as crazy as you with it. haha

 

Burning you new stuff to death the 1st day you got them. 

 

R.I.P to all those that have died in your hands. T_T

 

j/k but not really. :bigsmile_face:

 

Poor things.

 

:triportsad: 


Edited by sfwalcer - 2/10/14 at 10:31pm
post #2037 of 2650
😜...but yeah get around 300hrs minimum and see what they are capable of 😁
post #2038 of 2650

I don't think I'll like the sound signature of the DN1000 because its supposed to have a similar sound signature as the Tpeos H-100 which I have and don't like plus it costs double that of the GR07s. The H-100 actually has better sub-bass and soundstage than the GR07 but the treble is just too overwhelming.


Edited by zamorin - 2/10/14 at 11:05pm
post #2039 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamorin View Post
 

I don't think I'll like the sound signature of the DN1000 because its supposed to have a similar sound signature as the Tpeos H-100 which I have and don't like plus it costs double that of the GR07s. The H-100 actually has better sub-bass and soundstage than the GR07 but the treble is just too overwhelming.

From what I've read, the treble on the H-100 isn't anywhere near as harsh as the DN1000.

Have you heard the UE900? That's the closest thing I can think of in terms of midrange/treble, since they both use the TWFK and I wouldn't be surprised if they were using the same filter even.

post #2040 of 2650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

From what I've read, the treble on the H-100 isn't anywhere near as harsh as the DN1000.

Have you heard the UE900? That's the closest thing I can think of in terms of midrange/treble, since they both use the TWFK and I wouldn't be surprised if they were using the same filter even.

Did you mean the treble on the DN1000 isn't anywhere near as harsh as the  H-100? The treble of the H-100 is piercing and its hard to get a good fit on those, being huge.

 

I heard the H-100 has a similar signature as the TF10s according to Clieos

 

EDIT: I heard they sound similar to UE900 as well. A guy who damaged his UE900 wants to buy my H-100 tomorrow. :D


Edited by zamorin - 2/10/14 at 11:42pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions