Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions - Page 107

post #1591 of 2482

I listened to vsonic gr02be, vsonic vsd1, vsonic gr07be, hifiman re-400, shure 215, rock-it sound r50, t-peos h-100, sony xba-3, sony xba-4. To my ears the best sound quality have vsonic vsd1, hifiman re-400, sony xba-3. Sony xba-3  abslutely incredible iem more better then gr07be. I dream to listen xba-30. The most terrible iem is rock-it sound r50 for sadomasochist they are absolutely no bass like ratchet, I do not believe that they could get high scores. 

post #1592 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post
 

I listened to vsonic gr02be, vsonic vsd1, vsonic gr07be, hifiman re-400, shure 215, rock-it sound r50, t-peos h-100, sony xba-3, sony xba-4. To my ears the best sound quality have vsonic vsd1, hifiman re-400, sony xba-3. Sony xba-3  abslutely incredible iem more better then gr07be. I dream to listen xba-30. The most terrible iem is rock-it sound r50 for sadomasochist they are absolutely no bass like ratchet, I do not believe that they could get high scores. 

 

You're definitely a basshead mate. I own gr02be, vsd1, and gr07be. IMO the vsd1 has the most bass (maybe due to the impression of midbass?). Tune in several hiphop tracks and the vsd1 can blow my head out. :etysmile: Personally I think the vsd1 is very fun to listen to, but I prefer the gr07be because its highs are so well extended. I'm more of a treble person

post #1593 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post
 

I listened to vsonic gr02be, vsonic vsd1, vsonic gr07be, hifiman re-400, shure 215, rock-it sound r50, t-peos h-100, sony xba-3, sony xba-4. To my ears the best sound quality have vsonic vsd1, hifiman re-400, sony xba-3. Sony xba-3  abslutely incredible iem more better then gr07be. I dream to listen xba-30. The most terrible iem is rock-it sound r50 for sadomasochist they are absolutely no bass like ratchet, I do not believe that they could get high scores. 

 

 

You should try the Atrio MG7 if you want some serious bass quantity and quality. 

post #1594 of 2482

The most important thing to remember is that hearing is extremely subjective. But that can be very helpful if say, you've heard the BE's and liked them, but wanted a bit more from the mids. Clearly, my opinion is not agreed on by most of you, but it would definitely help someone out that's not 100% sold on the BE.

 

Ok, maybe recessed is a bit much. But there is no doubt that the MK2's put more emphasis on the mids. For me, it's enough to prefer them.

post #1595 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post
 

I listened to vsonic gr02be, vsonic vsd1, vsonic gr07be, hifiman re-400, shure 215, rock-it sound r50, t-peos h-100, sony xba-3, sony xba-4. To my ears the best sound quality have vsonic vsd1, hifiman re-400, sony xba-3. Sony xba-3  abslutely incredible iem more better then gr07be. I dream to listen xba-30. The most terrible iem is rock-it sound r50 for sadomasochist they are absolutely no bass like ratchet, I do not believe that they could get high scores. 

 

The R-50 have more and better bass than the GRADO SR80.  The mids, highs, imaging, separation and soundstage are impressive on the R-50.  If you are used to a bass heavy sound, this is what will happen to you when switching to the R-50:

 

"Music with electronic drum machines (EDM), such as trance and the like, doesn't give me a satisfactory bass impact through the R-50.  Their bass impact is far below from what I want when listening to EDM music.  For everything else, the R-50 are top performers!"
 

"When you come from IEMs that have a fuller sound or a bigger sound room than the R-50, you feel like the sound of the R-50 is underdeveloped.  It is like driving a four wheel drive vehicle with a 4.0 liter engine and switching to a smaller car with a 1.6 liter engine.  At first, there is the feeling that the smaller car has a weak engine.  After some time driving it, then the driver gets used to the smaller engine power and realizes that it is more than enough to make the smaller car accelerate quickly and develop good speed.  That happens to me all the time when using a bass heavy IEM that has a bigger sound room and switching to the R-50.  The sound is really disappointing right after switching IEMs.  It stays like that for about one hour.  After then, my ears get used to it and the high quality of the R-50's sound is felt and greatly enjoyed."

 

Here is the full review:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation/435#post_8595847

post #1596 of 2482

stimer, I would like to know what is boring to you on the GR07 BE.

 

Sometimes, negative impressions are the most helpful in defining the sound profile of audio gear.  In fact, thus far my ears have found out that everything negative that I have read about the headphones that I have, has been true.  That has made me value negative impressions to a much greater extent than before. 

post #1597 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Post

bes - recessed
mk2s - not recessed

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post


In no way would I consider the mids recessed on the BEs. Not quite as prominent as the MK2s but that doesn't mean they are recessed. They add a touch of mid bass hump compared to the MK2 and that might not being them forward or anything but recessed is just wrong.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalcer View Post
 

 

+

^ You know i have wanted to say something about this for a long minute, Jodiuh you need to seriously stop spreading dis/misinformation regarding these gr07 BEs. Amazon shipped you the BEs by mistake and you had them in your possessions for like a couple of days, a week or 2 max??? How long did you burn them in for???

 

I am not saying that your "impressions"/ opinions are not appreciated but you didn't even seem to have them long enough to truly tell what they sounded like, plus many others that have had/ own both which has done extensive a/b between the two editions say there is only small differences in the sonic presentation. The bass edition like dynsty25 stated only has slightly elevated sub/ mid bass response while the rest of the sonic spectrum is about the same in forwardness/ presentation as the MKIIs judging by all the impressions so far.

 

If you have a/b the two and have owned both for quite some time then you are more then welcome to post what you think, but your dislike/hate toward these BEs is more grounded in your frustration of amazon shipping you the wrong edition of the iem it seems.

 

/rant


Thank you guys for clarifications. There are still enough people around here, keeping each of us honest. I greatly appreciate the actual detail, and explanations. By the time read dbdynsty25, and sfwalcer replies I had full clarification. Jodiuh I appreciate your reply but the simple recessed yes recessed no would have just left me with more questions. thanks headfiers. Nice to be back around

post #1598 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by spurxiii View Post

Lol I think he was being sarcastic but still, I don't think the BEs mids as recessed as some say and are definitely not as bassy as some say either. Never heard the MKII but the BEs sound enjoyable to me.

The BEs NEED burn in like you wouldn't believe so don't post impressions before because they sound totally different after a fair amount of it (at least 100 hours, I heard changes up to 300 hours)


This is so true with the GR-07's The three I had, had considerable changes throughout. By the time I had 3 burned in at 300 hrs, I had nothing to compare with, but I would say even after 300hrs I heard subtle changes

post #1599 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefallr4545 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodiuh View Postyet.


Well, I've owned both. IMO, the BE is bassy, has recessed mids, and the MK2 has PLENTY of bass. Ear holes are different, YMMV. wink.gif

Just chiming in on here. After reading the posters impressions, it seems I mat like the BE. I had 2 MK1's and I really like the bass, yet I amped it for just a tad more. Please be patient with my question as I haven;t read much. Are the mids truly recessed? More than the MK1's (or MK2's)? I found the mids near perfect on the MK1's. reason why I chose not to replace the MK1's I got tired of the highs. I think my ear holes are a little sensitive to the high highs in general, not necessarily with SSssssssiblance but actual definition. I have not yet found a dynamic (and I've had several, some high ends) where I really thought the highs were sufficient. I truly like recessed highs or rolled of a bit where I have to dig for them, rather them competing with the Mids.

 

Anyways my question again, are the mids recessed, and would you consider MK1 (or MK2's) recessed Thank You

 

I wished all sound flaws could be as easily fixed as recessed mids.  If you have en EQ with enough bands (at least 10) it is not hard to bring the mids forward.  Mids sound their best at 1 kHz.  If you raise the frequencies close to 1 kHz on the left and on the right with a peak at 1 kHz, the mids are brought forward with great sound quality.  In my case, since I am using an equalizer with a lot of bands, recessed mids is not much of a concern. 

post #1600 of 2482

It's good to be back:
 

post #1601 of 2482

They sure look damn pretty.

post #1602 of 2482

Eke.. why the Bass Edition over the "regular" MKII ?

post #1603 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post
 

Eke.. why the Bass Edition over the "regular" MKII ?

 

I didn't have much of a choice in the matter :cool:

 

I'm not complaining though.

post #1604 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto01 View Post
 

 

The R-50 have more and better bass than the GRADO SR80.  The mids, highs, imaging, separation and soundstage are impressive on the R-50.  If you are used to a bass heavy sound, this is what will happen to you when switching to the R-50:

 

"Music with electronic drum machines (EDM), such as trance and the like, doesn't give me a satisfactory bass impact through the R-50.  Their bass impact is far below from what I want when listening to EDM music.  For everything else, the R-50 are top performers!"
 

"When you come from IEMs that have a fuller sound or a bigger sound room than the R-50, you feel like the sound of the R-50 is underdeveloped.  It is like driving a four wheel drive vehicle with a 4.0 liter engine and switching to a smaller car with a 1.6 liter engine.  At first, there is the feeling that the smaller car has a weak engine.  After some time driving it, then the driver gets used to the smaller engine power and realizes that it is more than enough to make the smaller car accelerate quickly and develop good speed.  That happens to me all the time when using a bass heavy IEM that has a bigger sound room and switching to the R-50.  The sound is really disappointing right after switching IEMs.  It stays like that for about one hour.  After then, my ears get used to it and the high quality of the R-50's sound is felt and greatly enjoyed."

 

Here is the full review:

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/600093/rockit-sounds-r-50-review-impressions-appreciation/435#post_8595847

Yes, you absolutely right. I'm listening electronic music and R-50 not my iem the most horrible thing I've ever heard. R-50 very very analytical iem has a very specific sound before purchasing necessarily recommend listening. Gr07be has bad treble region almost sibilance not interesting bass and very neutral sound signature possible for a sound studio is good but has a low quality of consumer. Xba-3 not basshead iem but have warm incredible detail sound, better separation of instruments each instrument can be identified and traced its dynamics, fantastic vocals, good sound stage, enough versatile iem. For me a little lacking subbas region but write that the Xba-30 have a better bass. I've got goosebumps on this song:

 

 


Edited by stimer - 10/11/13 at 6:19pm
post #1605 of 2482
Quote:
Originally Posted by stimer View Post
 

Yes, you absolutely right. I'm listening electronic music and R-50 not my iem the most horrible thing I've ever heard. R-50 very very analytical iem has a very specific sound before purchasing necessarily recommend listening. Gr07be has bad top region almost sibilance not interesting bass and very neutral sound signature possible for a sound studio is good but has a low quality of consumer. Xba-3 not basshead iem but have incredible detail sound, better separation of instruments each instrument can be identified and traced its dynamics, fantastic vocals, good sound stage, enough versatile iem. For me a little lacking subbas region but write that the Xba-30 have a better bass. I've got goosebumps on this song:

 

 

 

Are you kidding? The GR07 MKII has about the same amount of bass as the XBA-3, with greater extension. The XBA-3 has a massive peak in the upper treble that can be extremely troublesome with things like cymbals. So, the GR07 BE has even more bass than the XBA-3.

 

I'm starting to wonder where you're getting your info. Would you mind taking a pic of your GR07 and XBA-3 side by side?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions