Hi, im looking for an IEM and i've been told the GR07 MK2 may be my best choice, but I also got recommended the bass edition so I need some help to decide.
Money to spend: Around 200€ IF it's totally worth it.
What im looking for specifically:
1) Comfortable, to use for long hours without ear ache or ear damage (asuming I use a safe volume)
2) Portable: Doesn't look too stupid in your ears, you can wear them at the train and pass as a normal citizen
3) Sound: It has to be at least decent to work on your production projects, then finish it up with a mixing-polishment session with my headphones of choice and also check em out on my Adams before I release anything. The genre I work on: dnb, jungle, electronic music..
4) Has to be able to be driven by my NI AK1 successfully as I don't have money for a better DAC.
5) Has to cancel outside noise as much as possible, as I hate background noises and I can't focus.
That's it. I just can't decide if the bass edition will be ok for me or not. I want a sound that is basically aimed at production, to mix acurately, so im not sure about the bass edition. Im scared that maybe it has too much bass, and im mixing with little bass presence, then it gets translated badly in other system which have less bass. But, at the same time im also scared that the MK2 doesn't have enough bass so im mixing the bass louder than it should be and then it's a mess in other systems.