It's not anywhere in this thread, but I tried the Monster DNA headphones today at an Apple Store. They actually aren't half bad.
- The bass is pretty light for mobile listening
- The mids are forward and fairly detailed
- The highs sounded a bit plasticky to me, but they weren't bad for a $200 headphone
- The build quality was surprisingly pretty good too. It's got a really flexible plastic headband and an OK-feeling folding hinge mechanism.
- They were also really comfortable for being a supra-aural headphone (more comfortable than the Amperior from my experience)
- The dual-entry headphone ports on either earcup is a nice addition
- The baby-blue colour wasn't particularly attractive to me, but they do contrast really well for those who have black hair
I would prefer the sound of the UE6000 even if it's a much darker-sounding headphone because the warm mids are pleasant to one's ear for mobile listening.
I'm really looking forward to hearing your impressions of the K267 eventually BRSxIgnition. Tiësto's music sounds pretty good on the M-100's.
Edited by miceblue - 11/7/12 at 6:26pm