Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Open Announcement on the HiFiMAN HE-400
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Open Announcement on the HiFiMAN HE-400 - Page 10

post #136 of 143

Just got a response from the customer service department and they will send me the new ones right away! Fantastic support from these guys!

 

Thanks Hifimansmily_headphones1.gif

post #137 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifiman-us View Post

Dear Friends of HiFiMAN:

 

Since being introduced earlier this year, our HE-400 headphone has been very successful and one of the most exciting high-performance models in the category. HE-400 is known for its powerful bass, smooth frequency response and lifelike detail.

 

Like any good company, HiFiMAN makes upgrades to its products whenever we think we can improve its performance or quality. So about four weeks ago, we upgraded the support for the driver magnet. That unintentionally created an audible peak or brightness and within the past two weeks, HE-400 customers started to report this problem because they knew this was not consistent with any HifiMAN headphone, especially HE-400.

 

Investigating this feedback, I discovered that the change did help improve the structural integrity but it unfortunately created this peak. In the military, they call this "friendly fire", at HiFiMAN I call it totally unacceptable.

 

We have corrected this problem at the manufacturing level so all HE-400s now shipped will be with the sound that everyone has been raving about for several months. We have also identified which models were affected by this "upgrade" and want to replace them at our expense as soon as possible. If you purchased a HE-400 in the past 30 days, simply email customerservice@head-direct.com and in the subject line, reference "HE-400 Fang".

 

HiFiMAN has built its reputation on quality, great sound and standing behind our products. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused to our valued HifiMAN owners. We will do whatever it takes to make it right.

 

With Best Regards,

Fang Bian

Founder and President

HiFiMAN

 

I'm a little late to the party (story of my life) but thank you for your quick response. The HE-400 is widely known as one of the best headphones out there regardless of price so its nice to see you guys recognize this issue and work so hard to fix it. I was already hooked but this puts me in even farther knowing that issue like this will be looked into and fixed. 

 

Great job

post #138 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

I'm a little late to the party (story of my life) but thank you for your quick response. The HE-400 is widely known as one of the best headphones out there regardless of price so its nice to see you guys recognize this issue and work so hard to fix it. I was already hooked but this puts me in even farther knowing that issue like this will be looked into and fixed. 

Great job

Thanks DemonFox. HiFiMAN is proud of the HE-400 and sorry this product glitch happened. Best thing we could do under the circumstance is to acknowledge the problem and make it right for our customers. In addition to offering a great product, it is also about trust.

We appreciate everyone's cooperation and support and delighted to hear that Head-Fiers think the "new HE-400s" are better than ever.

Peter
Reply
post #139 of 143

Peter, I just placed an order with crutchfield.com for the HE-400. any idea if their stock has the correct version?

post #140 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by finchouse View Post

Peter, I just placed an order with crutchfield.com for the HE-400. any idea if their stock has the correct version?

Yes, Crutchfield definitely has the correct version of HE-400. I personally worked with them to make sure of that. Thanks for asking.

Peter
Reply
post #141 of 143

awesome, thanks

post #142 of 143

Hi All,

 

I placed my order from Moon-Audio over the weekend and they said they'll be shipping as soon as they receive their order directly from HiFiman. Do you think that this guarantees that it'll be one of the latest/corrected versions?

 

Cheers!

post #143 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnnikov View Post

Hi All,

I placed my order from Moon-Audio over the weekend and they said they'll be shipping as soon as they receive their order directly from HiFiman. Do you think that this guarantees that it'll be one of the latest/corrected versions?

Cheers!

Yes, all U.S dealers had any affected inventory switched out a couple of months ago. Drew at Moon Audio has been on top of this and made sure that he had the current and correct version.

Let us know what you think when you get them in and have a listen.

Peter
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › Open Announcement on the HiFiMAN HE-400