Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ask one of the world's top headphone engineers whatever you want at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask one of the world's top headphone engineers whatever you want at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time!

post #1 of 63
Thread Starter 

Sorry for the short notice, guys, but I just found out about this. Sennheiser's Axel Grell--chief designer/engineer for the Sennheiser HD 800, among other Sennheiser products--will be answering questions in a live Q&A on Gizmodo--in a little over a half-hour.

 

It starts at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the link below will go live at 12:30 p.m. EDT).

 

Please go, check out the Q&A, and, even better, ask Axel some questions!

 

http://gizmodo.com/5949316/ask-one-of-the-worlds-top-headphone-engineers-whatever-you-want

post #2 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

Sorry for the short notice, guys, but I just found out about this. Sennheiser's Axel Grell--chief designer/engineer for the Sennheiser HD 800, among other Sennheiser products--will be answering questions in a live Q&A on Gizmodo--in a little over a half-hour.

 

It starts at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the link below will go live at 12:30 p.m. EDT).

 

Please go, check out the Q&A, and, even better, ask Axel some questions!

 

http://gizmodo.com/5949316/ask-one-of-the-worlds-top-headphone-engineers-whatever-you-want


page not found

post #3 of 63
Thread Starter 

It should go live soon.

post #4 of 63

Thanks....L3000.gif


Edited by turokrocks - 10/5/12 at 9:50am
post #5 of 63

So we had about 20 minutes to prepare? lol..
 

post #6 of 63
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundstige View Post

So we had about 20 minutes to prepare? lol..

 

I put it up as soon as I found out about it.

post #7 of 63

Still appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jude View Post

 

I put it up as soon as I found out about it.

post #8 of 63

Hrmmm... He seems to be dodging quite a few questions... It's getting me excited.

post #9 of 63

I wouldn't be surprised if Sennheiser is working on a planar magnetic, electrostatic--or both.  They have to look at the success of headphone like the LCD-2 and wonder if they can compete with a similar or better product.  Sennheiser is interested in volume sales, bit also in having prestige flagships that lend some gloss to the whole line.


Edited by Barry S - 10/5/12 at 2:28pm
post #10 of 63

Gizmodo is cute but why wouldn't he do an interview over here? Too tough to handle i suppose... tongue.gif

post #11 of 63

Cool.  Thanks for posting, Jude.  This one gave me a chuckle:  

 

"We know how a headphone should sound and we know it better than some gangsters ;-)"  

post #12 of 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarphael View Post

Gizmodo is cute but why wouldn't he do an interview over here? Too tough to handle i suppose... tongue.gif

This.

 

It would be much more intuitive to use something like a Reddit IAMA format.

post #13 of 63

Off course he answered the questions he liked , especially if this helps to advertise the new HDVD 800 & HDVD  600.

I  don't know why they keep on repeating that the hd800 is the headphone with biggest driver, which is not true (sony XB1000).

And that marketing speech regarding the  5 Hz to 46500 Hz range supported by the IE 800 , is a bit dubious.

post #14 of 63

Thanks for posting, I posted a question, but for some reason it doesn't show up after I refresh.
Also for a second I thought a chemo-less Walter White was wearing HD800's in the picture.

post #15 of 63

Your question is probably up there - If you go back to the page there's a small gray tab that says "show unanswered questions."  I asked my question three times before I realized to click that and sure enough I looked like someone who was computer illiterate.

 

He sounded like some marketing guy was sitting next to him telling him how to answer every question.  If you were to play a drinking game and take a shot every time he mentioned Sennheiser's new amps, you'd be pretty pathetic - getting drunk at work to a live question/answer with an engineer on the internet.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Ask one of the world's top headphone engineers whatever you want at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time!