Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › First time buying new headphones. HELP PLEASE :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First time buying new headphones. HELP PLEASE :) - Page 2

post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post

Apparently Mal agrees with you too on that. I honestly have never even tried it I just base my statement on the product information stated on the Mfgr's website and my experience with running the 770 250 ohm with the e10.
If it works great I stand corrected.
I get a very noticeable difference in a lot of ways from using my onkyo txnr509 HP-out so my e10 has kinda gone out of use. Don't know if it's the 192khz vs. the 96 or the dual burr brown dacs but I enjoy my little receiver a lot.
I think he will be more than satisfied with either version.. Thanks.

 

Heya,

 

My DT880 600ohm sounds fine from the E10. Can't tell much difference from it and the NFB12, Asgard, Lyr, etc honestly. I know a lot of people would be like "PFfftrttt imposibru!!!" but I hear what I hear, so that's how I will describe it.

 

Specs really don't mean much I'm afraid. And Beyers are rather efficient despite their impedances.

 

 

Very best,

post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalVeauX View Post

Heya,

My DT880 600ohm sounds fine from the E10. Can't tell much difference from it and the NFB12, Asgard, Lyr, etc honestly. I know a lot of people would be like "PFfftrttt imposibru!!!" but I hear what I hear, so that's how I will describe it.

Specs really don't mean much I'm afraid. And Beyers are rather efficient despite their impedances.

Very best,

No i believe you. Just for giggles I hooked up my 250 ohm beyers to my clip. Certainly not running to full potential but I was suprised to get what I did out of em.

COMPLETELY OT, but while I have you here, I have a pair of Phiaton hs400's coming to me. Not my first choice in phones but couldn't refuse the deal i was offered.

Have you tried these out? I would be interested in your take on them. I know bass wise they are prolly not your bag but overall? Seems like they roll off a lot in the highs from what I have read.
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc-holliday View Post


No i believe you. Just for giggles I hooked up my 250 ohm beyers to my clip. Certainly not running to full potential but I was suprised to get what I did out of em.
COMPLETELY OT, but while I have you here, I have a pair of Phiaton hs400's coming to me. Not my first choice in phones but couldn't refuse the deal i was offered.
Have you tried these out? I would be interested in your take on them. I know bass wise they are prolly not your bag but overall? Seems like they roll off a lot in the highs from what I have read.

 

Heya,

 

Unfortunately I do not have them, so can't comment from experience. They're not my style of headphone really.

 

Very best,

post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 

I just wanted to update everyone on the situation. I ended up buying the Beyer DT 880 Premium 600 ohm version new for $280, it will be coming in next week. As for an amp/dac, I have decided on the Fire Phoenix DAC-05 for $180 Doc-Holliday recommended. It's rated for 600 ohm so it should be ok I guess.

 

When I first started researching, I was looking for around $250 for both headphones and amp/dac, but ended up spending +$400. I

t's true what you guys say here, I feel sorry for my wallet :)

post #20 of 26
That sounds like an impressive combination. I'm dying to hear how that works out for you. Pls do let us know. Thanks.
post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 

The Beyers came in yesterday. Even without an amp, straight from my macbook, it sounds really nice. So far, very happy with my purchase. Now I'm just waiting for my dac/amp combo to come in.

post #22 of 26
Nice. Glad you are liking them already!.... Properly amped you should be really impressed... Lemme know..
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 

The Dac-05 Fire Phoenix arrived today. Bass is much deeper and tighter, much better instrument separation and wider soundstage. Very happy with what I ended up here. Thanks for the help everyone!

post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by xspiritdannyx View Post

The Dac-05 Fire Phoenix arrived today. Bass is much deeper and tighter, much better instrument separation and wider soundstage. Very happy with what I ended up here. Thanks for the help everyone!

Thats great to hear. Glad you are loving your new "rig". beyersmile.png Thanks for letting us know!
post #25 of 26
Dt880's get my vote. 250 ohm pro version. Much cheaper and it is easy to replace all the parts and it is much easier to drive as well.
post #26 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by xspiritdannyx View Post

The Dac-05 Fire Phoenix arrived today. Bass is much deeper and tighter, much better instrument separation and wider soundstage. Very happy with what I ended up here. Thanks for the help everyone!

 

Awesome, enjoy smily_headphones1.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › First time buying new headphones. HELP PLEASE :)