Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › New Woo Audio Product at CanJam RMAF 2012
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Woo Audio Product at CanJam RMAF 2012 - Page 8

post #106 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightningsmerf View Post

Does anyone know how they sound with lower impedance cans?

Good question.

 

A Woo WA6SE with the right tubes is one of the best amps for the Denon D7000. I wonder can this say the same? Since every other tube amp apparently sounds like horse balls with the denons.

post #107 of 154

This looks something like my dream desktop amp :)

post #108 of 154

anyone have speculations as to what DAC it will be using? An ess sabre i'm thinking. It says it has a separated power supply. I sure hope they don't mean wallwart because technically it is separate

post #109 of 154
Every time I even think about the wa7 my mouth waters, it would have been great if it were priced around $500, or even $600 tops. The $800 price range is stretching it. Its a great deal of money but who am I to make the price scheme. I'm sure its one hell of a product.
post #110 of 154

Well the ALO pan am costs 600 already and 700 with the battery power supply. lets hope the WA7 is worth the premium 

post #111 of 154

Its been a month and a half. We need some more info Mr Woo!... pretty please :)

post #112 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by navii View Post

Its been a month and a half. We need some more info Mr Woo!... pretty please smily_headphones1.gif

+1
post #113 of 154
I was considering the Denon D7100 with the WA7. A lot of threads suggest Denon and tube amps are a no go. Would be interested in your thoughts.
post #114 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biffobhoy View Post

I was considering the Denon D7100 with the WA7. A lot of threads suggest Denon and tube amps are a no go. Would be interested in your thoughts.

Well the D7100 is a disaster, And the new Denons (D7100, D600 and god-awful D400) are vastly different to the Fostex made old ones (D7000, D5000, D2000) so you can't compare.

post #115 of 154
I'm really impressed but the budget of 600-800 for one of these is really out of my range. I'll have to deal with my MDR-V6s without an amp for a while!
post #116 of 154

Any outputs on the back? RCA or XLR? Preamp or fixed?

post #117 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Good question.

 

A Woo WA6SE with the right tubes is one of the best amps for the Denon D7000. I wonder can this say the same? Since every other tube amp apparently sounds like horse balls with the denons.

??? What about a Zana? Sounded good with all the low impedance cans  had at the time including 2 D7000 and a bunch of ATs.

post #118 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleheadMay View Post

??? What about a Zana? Sounded good with all the low impedance cans  had at the time including 2 D7000 and a bunch of ATs.

Interesting, will need further explanation if you don't mind: here

post #119 of 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiR3D View Post

Interesting, will need further explanation if you don't mind: here

 

Nice poll and rant!  :)

 

I'll do my best to post some of my findings in that thread today. And yes, I had more than one amp. ;)

 

Meanwhile, here's a little post that says enough about how I feel about the Zana. I feel it also shows I'm not BS-ing about that amp and it sure proves I can be a complete idiot at times.

 

 

Sorry, forgot the link.


Edited by AppleheadMay - 12/6/12 at 2:59am
post #120 of 154

What a gorgeous beauty!

Still waiting for the pre-order :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sponsor Announcements and Deals
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Sponsor Announcements and Deals › New Woo Audio Product at CanJam RMAF 2012