or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread - Page 25

post #361 of 1415

I sure am.  Haven't tired of them at all.

post #362 of 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by moodyrn View Post

Absolutely!!

:) +1 i really enjoy them :)

post #363 of 1415

i've enjoying them a lot.

but i wonder if anyone else finds them sibilant when playing female vocals loud?

post #364 of 1415
Still loving my W3000s, they provide a great complement to my HD800 and TH900.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

i've enjoying them a lot.
but i wonder if anyone else finds them sibilant when playing female vocals loud?

I haven't found them to be very sibilant, even when played loud; given the same song, my HD800s are likely to sound sibilant more often than the W3000.
Edited by MDCLXVI - 2/21/13 at 1:19pm
post #365 of 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

The same with the AD2Ks they fit tighter / better.  The W3Ks are much looser.  Is there a way to tighten it?

 

 

What worked for my W1000X is bending the headband. Grasp the cups firmly and press them together, keeping them at the right angle.

 

It seems like it'll damage the headband, but it's extremely bendy. 

post #366 of 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by kr0gg View Post

i've enjoying them a lot.

but i wonder if anyone else finds them sibilant when playing female vocals loud?

 

I haven't found them sibilant with female vocals, and I listen to quite a few female artists.  

 

The W3000ANV are my primary headphone, and should remain so even after spending last weekend trying all the other flagship headphones at a local meet here in the Bay Area.  The sound signature suits my tastes almost perfectly. 

post #367 of 1415

for example this track: http://rapidshare.com/files/2715147737/01.%20Jazzamor%20-%20Way%20Back.wav

when she sings "whatSS on your mind" and any other words with an "S" it's kind of unpleasant to me.

 

no problems at low-medium volume, though

post #368 of 1415
Quote:
View Post

So people are still enjoying these?

 

 

Most definitely 

post #369 of 1415
I just received my W3000ANVs yesterday so they are still burning in. Right out of the box I'm already pretty much in love with them. Still tinkering with the wings and their fit.

Randy
post #370 of 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioclyde View Post

I just received my W3000ANVs yesterday so they are still burning in. Right out of the box I'm already pretty much in love with them. Still tinkering with the wings and their fit.

Randy

 

Where from, if you don't mind sharing?  I thought pretty much every one was out of stock.

post #371 of 1415
About 15 days ago Accessoryjack indicated they had two pair in stock. I ordered one pair, but when they got back to me after the Chinese New Year, they were out. Johnny advised he hoped to get more soon, but graciously cancelled my order & refunded my payment. It might be worth checking with them.

In the meantime, I purchased the new pair Rich had listed here on Head Fi.

Good luck; they are worth the cost & effort IMHO.

Randy
post #372 of 1415

I looked a couple of weeks ago in curiosity and found several pairs.  Didn't know inventory was running that thin already.  I mean the Ed8 limited only had 888 and they are still availible after much longer and the W3000anv made 2000.....not so limitedwink.gif

 

edit-maybe you guys are right, i am only seeing them on ebay and audio cubes.  Think Beach had at least a pair recently but it must have sold.


Edited by dallan - 2/23/13 at 4:17pm
post #373 of 1415

I already own a pair but I'm always looking for a 2nd for a friend who would like to stop borrowing mine. :)

post #374 of 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioclyde View Post

About 15 days ago Accessoryjack indicated they had two pair in stock. I ordered one pair, but when they got back to me after the Chinese New Year, they were out. Johnny advised he hoped to get more soon, but graciously cancelled my order & refunded my payment. It might be worth checking with them.

In the meantime, I purchased the new pair Rich had listed here on Head Fi.

Good luck; they are worth the cost & effort IMHO.

Randy

I wanted to get my pair from them but i checked with AT Hong Kong and they did not recognize them as an official retailer, so i got mine at Jaben for about $1300. 

A little more expensive but definitely worth it atsmile.gif

post #375 of 1415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussicc View Post

I wanted to get my pair from them but i checked with AT Hong Kong and they did not recognize them as an official retailer, so i got mine at Jaben for about $1300. 

A little more expensive but definitely worth it atsmile.gif

 

Nice avatar of the W3000s! The cups are truly a work of art :)

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread