Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread - Page 78

post #1156 of 1170

If anyone would like to buy a pair of W3000ANV in near mint condition then let me know, i got a pair :)

post #1157 of 1170

So, since I let go my W3000, I am also selling my Svetlana 2.  From all amps I tried with the W3000, this is the one that worked better.  Soundstage, in particular, is much better than with other amps (that I tried).


Edited by walfredo - 12/6/14 at 1:55pm
post #1158 of 1170
Just receive my W3000ANV. It reminds me of a super A2000X, with improved texture overall, somewhat more bass and a more controlled treble. I must say, compared to other limited edition AT I have heard, this one is by far the more neutral one, should borrow my friend's L3000 and test them side by side again.
post #1159 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

Just receive my W3000ANV. 

Congratulations.  The W3000ANV is such an outstanding and unique headphone.  I love mine.

post #1160 of 1170
it's an easy listen. not fatiguing in any way.
post #1161 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post
 

Congratulations.  The W3000ANV is such an outstanding and unique headphone.  I love mine.


love mine too.

post #1162 of 1170
Upgraded my rubber bands on the A2000X and W3000ANV to black hairbands. Now it doesn't stick out like a sour thumb...
post #1163 of 1170
yeah sour thumbs suck wink.gif
post #1164 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

Upgraded my rubber bands on the A2000X and W3000ANV to black hairbands. Now it doesn't stick out like a sour thumb...

Are they audiophile grade hairbands with strands of silver or copper woven into the elastic?

post #1165 of 1170
I have this major problem with the W3000ANV.

I can't see it when I listen to it. But when I am staring at it, I can't listen to it either. They should have sold the headphone in packs of two, major oversight from Audio Technica.
post #1166 of 1170

listening music in front of a mirror maybe ? :D

post #1167 of 1170

Hey, I installed some of my wife's black hair scrunchies (I think that is what she calls them) on the wings of my W3000ANV's.

 

I have a little bit of a narrow head and the scrunchies work great to form a more secure fit and yes, the improved fit results in improved sonics- bass response in particular.

 

So yeah, hair scrunchies can be considered a serious, hard core audiophile "must have" :L3000:

post #1168 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeT View Post
 

Hey, I installed some of my wife's black hair scrunchies (I think that is what she calls them) on the wings of my W3000ANV's.

 

I have a little bit of a narrow head and the scrunchies work great to form a more secure fit and yes, the improved fit results in improved sonics- bass response in particular.

 

So yeah, hair scrunchies can be considered a serious, hard core audiophile "must have" :L3000:

 

I was only joking above since I've had AT's for a while and hear about others having fit issues with their wing system.  I probably have a big or wider head so most AT's generally fit well for me and sound great to my ears.

post #1169 of 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by daigo View Post
 

 

I was only joking above since I've had AT's for a while and hear about others having fit issues with their wing system.  I probably have a big or wider head so most AT's generally fit well for me and sound great to my ears.

 

 

Yes, I realize you were joking.

 

I hope it was obvious I was joking a bit as well.  But I really do use the scrunchies and they do work.

post #1170 of 1170
think i've got an average sized head and my w3000anv fits kinda snug. it clamps a fair bit more than my th900.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread