- 117 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 9:31 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Well, I am really happy that these headphones exist, although I am angry with the designers for ruining something almost perfect with a stupid detail like too thin earpads. But, let's start...
If you are looking for an inexpensive USB cable, this is an OK way to spend your money. It will reduce some of the digital irritants and sounds better than the "comes with" usb cables packaged...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3post #1 of 2010/4/12 at 2:23pmThread StarterI bought both because they were in stock and hard to find. Not sure which one to keep now. What would you suggest?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2010/4/12 at 2:23pmpost #3 of 2010/4/12 at 2:26pmpost #4 of 2010/4/12 at 2:31pmThread StarterI have them in unopened boxes. I've auditioned them at a store. At the time I seem to prefer the LCD2 but after reading a lot of reviews, the LCD3 has better SQ and they are much more comfortable to wear. I'm a bit torn about the decision.post #5 of 2010/4/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
IF you're torn between the LCD-2 (995$) and LCD-3 (1945$) then you seriously need to consider returning both of them ... just kidding ! i'd keep the LCD-3 cause you WILL upgrade to them sooner or later.post #6 of 2010/4/12 at 3:34pmpost #7 of 2010/4/12 at 7:13pm
never heard of LCD3, but according to the difference in price, i can only assume that the LCD3 should sound MUCH better than LCD2.
haha, just kidding :) you should definitely listen to them yourself and decide which one to staypost #8 of 2010/4/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
Well, seeing as you seemed to prefer a headphone that costs about a thousand dollars less, I'd say get that one.
Why double the price to get something that you didn't even like as much?post #9 of 2010/4/12 at 7:19pm
I was thinking about getting the LCD-2, but its two big earpads really put me off. I feel pretty warm only after a few min, and that's inside the shop w/ aricon on. Don't think I can stand that kind of warm pads at home, and here in Singapore it's wet and hot all year long :(post #10 of 2010/4/12 at 8:50pmpost #11 of 2010/4/12 at 9:22pmpost #12 of 2010/4/12 at 9:41pmpost #13 of 2010/4/12 at 10:10pm
I say keep the LCD-2 and get a nice DAC/Amp combo, and upgrade the cables to OCC. That might be a better deal than buying the LCD-3 and buying DAC and a Amp for the LCD-3. I'm no expert on the LCD-2 and LCD-3, but I did get to A/B them a few occasions... Honest answer is... It FELT like the LCD-3 was better, but I couldn't exactly hear it... I just kept thinking the LCD-3 sounded better, but I couldn't hear any proof of it.post #14 of 2010/4/12 at 11:13pmThread StarterI've read a bunch of posts from folks who are upgrading from the LCD2 to LCD3s. It seems like it makes sense to keep the 3s. If I really don't like them, an option is to sell them. I ordered a toxic silver poison cable today but unfortunately its going to take 5-6 weeks to get here. Can't wait.
- Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 7 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 25 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 39 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 45 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › New WESTONE W-SERIES 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › Narrowing it down. Sort of 3 minutes ago
- › Newbie with X5 Question/ Problem 3 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-WS99BT Solid Bass Bluetooth Headphones by Giogio
- › Pangea Audio - USB cable - PCOCC & 4% silver - 1.5 Meter by davide256
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by YoYo JoKeR
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2