- 117 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Today at 8:31 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 11/1/14 at 5:47am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/8/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3post #1 of 2010/4/12 at 2:23pmThread StarterI bought both because they were in stock and hard to find. Not sure which one to keep now. What would you suggest?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2010/4/12 at 2:23pmpost #3 of 2010/4/12 at 2:26pmpost #4 of 2010/4/12 at 2:31pmThread StarterI have them in unopened boxes. I've auditioned them at a store. At the time I seem to prefer the LCD2 but after reading a lot of reviews, the LCD3 has better SQ and they are much more comfortable to wear. I'm a bit torn about the decision.post #5 of 2010/4/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
IF you're torn between the LCD-2 (995$) and LCD-3 (1945$) then you seriously need to consider returning both of them ... just kidding ! i'd keep the LCD-3 cause you WILL upgrade to them sooner or later.post #6 of 2010/4/12 at 3:34pmpost #7 of 2010/4/12 at 7:13pm
never heard of LCD3, but according to the difference in price, i can only assume that the LCD3 should sound MUCH better than LCD2.
haha, just kidding :) you should definitely listen to them yourself and decide which one to staypost #8 of 2010/4/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
Well, seeing as you seemed to prefer a headphone that costs about a thousand dollars less, I'd say get that one.
Why double the price to get something that you didn't even like as much?post #9 of 2010/4/12 at 7:19pm
I was thinking about getting the LCD-2, but its two big earpads really put me off. I feel pretty warm only after a few min, and that's inside the shop w/ aricon on. Don't think I can stand that kind of warm pads at home, and here in Singapore it's wet and hot all year long :(post #10 of 2010/4/12 at 8:50pmpost #11 of 2010/4/12 at 9:22pmpost #12 of 2010/4/12 at 9:41pmpost #13 of 2010/4/12 at 10:10pm
I say keep the LCD-2 and get a nice DAC/Amp combo, and upgrade the cables to OCC. That might be a better deal than buying the LCD-3 and buying DAC and a Amp for the LCD-3. I'm no expert on the LCD-2 and LCD-3, but I did get to A/B them a few occasions... Honest answer is... It FELT like the LCD-3 was better, but I couldn't exactly hear it... I just kept thinking the LCD-3 sounded better, but I couldn't hear any proof of it.post #14 of 2010/4/12 at 11:13pmThread StarterI've read a bunch of posts from folks who are upgrading from the LCD2 to LCD3s. It seems like it makes sense to keep the 3s. If I really don't like them, an option is to sell them. I ordered a toxic silver poison cable today but unfortunately its going to take 5-6 weeks to get here. Can't wait.
- Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Monoprice 8323 Ear Pads 1 minute ago
- › Leach Audio Amplifier 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sound quality and TIM (Transient IM) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 1 minute ago
- › HD800 (Canada Only) 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Used- Great Audeze LCD3c 3 minutes ago
- › Why is the Beyer DT990 pro so much cheaper than the DT880 pro? 3 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3