- 117 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") Last post on Yesterday at 10:34 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 8/23/14 at 6:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3post #1 of 2010/4/12 at 2:23pmThread StarterI bought both because they were in stock and hard to find. Not sure which one to keep now. What would you suggest?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2010/4/12 at 2:23pmpost #3 of 2010/4/12 at 2:26pmpost #4 of 2010/4/12 at 2:31pmThread StarterI have them in unopened boxes. I've auditioned them at a store. At the time I seem to prefer the LCD2 but after reading a lot of reviews, the LCD3 has better SQ and they are much more comfortable to wear. I'm a bit torn about the decision.post #5 of 2010/4/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
IF you're torn between the LCD-2 (995$) and LCD-3 (1945$) then you seriously need to consider returning both of them ... just kidding ! i'd keep the LCD-3 cause you WILL upgrade to them sooner or later.post #6 of 2010/4/12 at 3:34pmpost #7 of 2010/4/12 at 7:13pm
never heard of LCD3, but according to the difference in price, i can only assume that the LCD3 should sound MUCH better than LCD2.
haha, just kidding :) you should definitely listen to them yourself and decide which one to staypost #8 of 2010/4/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
Well, seeing as you seemed to prefer a headphone that costs about a thousand dollars less, I'd say get that one.
Why double the price to get something that you didn't even like as much?post #9 of 2010/4/12 at 7:19pm
I was thinking about getting the LCD-2, but its two big earpads really put me off. I feel pretty warm only after a few min, and that's inside the shop w/ aricon on. Don't think I can stand that kind of warm pads at home, and here in Singapore it's wet and hot all year long :(post #10 of 2010/4/12 at 8:50pmpost #11 of 2010/4/12 at 9:22pmpost #12 of 2010/4/12 at 9:41pmpost #13 of 2010/4/12 at 10:10pm
I say keep the LCD-2 and get a nice DAC/Amp combo, and upgrade the cables to OCC. That might be a better deal than buying the LCD-3 and buying DAC and a Amp for the LCD-3. I'm no expert on the LCD-2 and LCD-3, but I did get to A/B them a few occasions... Honest answer is... It FELT like the LCD-3 was better, but I couldn't exactly hear it... I just kept thinking the LCD-3 sounded better, but I couldn't hear any proof of it.post #14 of 2010/4/12 at 11:13pmThread StarterI've read a bunch of posts from folks who are upgrading from the LCD2 to LCD3s. It seems like it makes sense to keep the 3s. If I really don't like them, an option is to sell them. I ordered a toxic silver poison cable today but unfortunately its going to take 5-6 weeks to get here. Can't wait.
- Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 6 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made... 7 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 seconds ago
- › I will surely hate myself 55 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › The scientific merit of Pono 1 minute ago
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)