- 129 Posts. Joined 9/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Poll: Genre Master Last post on 6/9/13 at 4:09am in Headphones (full-size)
- Hifiman HE-500 versus Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 9/18/13 at 11:08pm in High-end Audio Forum
- [PLEASE vote] AUDEZ'E LCD-2 vs. Beyerdynamic T1 vs. Sennheiser HD 800 (vs. AUDEZ'E LCD-3) Last post on 10/19/16 at 10:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
- LCD-2 rev 1 or HE-500/400 Last post on 10/24/12 at 12:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Mini-Review: Shure SRH1840 Last post on 7/25/16 at 5:56am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Last edited: 12/4/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/18/16
- Comparisons of LCD-2 Rev. 1 and Rev. 2Last edited: 9/19/11
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
HiFiMAN RE-00 Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/823483/hifiman-re-00-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: OMFG...
Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3post #1 of 2010/4/12 at 2:23pmThread StarterI bought both because they were in stock and hard to find. Not sure which one to keep now. What would you suggest?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 2010/4/12 at 2:23pmpost #3 of 2010/4/12 at 2:26pmpost #4 of 2010/4/12 at 2:31pmThread StarterI have them in unopened boxes. I've auditioned them at a store. At the time I seem to prefer the LCD2 but after reading a lot of reviews, the LCD3 has better SQ and they are much more comfortable to wear. I'm a bit torn about the decision.post #5 of 2010/4/12 at 3:11pmQuote:
IF you're torn between the LCD-2 (995$) and LCD-3 (1945$) then you seriously need to consider returning both of them ... just kidding ! i'd keep the LCD-3 cause you WILL upgrade to them sooner or later.post #6 of 2010/4/12 at 3:34pmpost #7 of 2010/4/12 at 7:13pm
never heard of LCD3, but according to the difference in price, i can only assume that the LCD3 should sound MUCH better than LCD2.
haha, just kidding :) you should definitely listen to them yourself and decide which one to staypost #8 of 2010/4/12 at 7:19pmQuote:
Well, seeing as you seemed to prefer a headphone that costs about a thousand dollars less, I'd say get that one.
Why double the price to get something that you didn't even like as much?post #9 of 2010/4/12 at 7:19pm
I was thinking about getting the LCD-2, but its two big earpads really put me off. I feel pretty warm only after a few min, and that's inside the shop w/ aricon on. Don't think I can stand that kind of warm pads at home, and here in Singapore it's wet and hot all year long :(post #10 of 2010/4/12 at 8:50pmpost #11 of 2010/4/12 at 9:22pmpost #12 of 2010/4/12 at 9:41pmpost #13 of 2010/4/12 at 10:10pm
I say keep the LCD-2 and get a nice DAC/Amp combo, and upgrade the cables to OCC. That might be a better deal than buying the LCD-3 and buying DAC and a Amp for the LCD-3. I'm no expert on the LCD-2 and LCD-3, but I did get to A/B them a few occasions... Honest answer is... It FELT like the LCD-3 was better, but I couldn't exactly hear it... I just kept thinking the LCD-3 sounded better, but I couldn't hear any proof of it.post #14 of 2010/4/12 at 11:13pmThread StarterI've read a bunch of posts from folks who are upgrading from the LCD2 to LCD3s. It seems like it makes sense to keep the 3s. If I really don't like them, an option is to sell them. I ordered a toxic silver poison cable today but unfortunately its going to take 5-6 weeks to get here. Can't wait.
- Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Songs that make us bust a move! 1 minute ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX100:24 bit for bit, PG 1> Reviews & Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 4 minutes ago
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...