Okay, you guys are probably getting real fed up with this question, but what the hell is going on with album art on the ak 100?
1) What resolution and file type does it support?
2) Is there no firmware that would fix this?
3) Also, how do I use line out? Since I updated the firmware there is no maximum volume for line-out setting in the options and the unit just sounds double-amped running from headphones to a Cayin c5.
1) as far as I know the best thing is to include the art into the tags. You can do this with mp3tag (Windows) or kid3 (mac) or other similar programs. There has been lot of discussion about this in this thread on the earlier pages and if I remember correctly there is a description what to do and how to do it.
2) No - considering the state of things and that Ak100/AK120 is a product line that will not be contiunued or rather has been replaced by AK Jr/100 II/ 120/ ... which all use an Android based GUI there will be no firmware update solving these issues. The Problems with the GUI surely were part of the reason why AK has switched to Android.
3) AK100 has no "true" line out. Line out functionality that is being offered is simple - connect your amp to your AK headphone output and and turn up loudness on the AK to 75. Regulate loudness on the amp. That's it.