- 2 Posts. Joined 8/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 576
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by RickDastardly - 8/29/14 at 11:35am
Yes, same here.
An hour after installing the firmware 2:40 I went back to 2.30, especially for this flaw.
Has anyone else had any issues with the skip track buttons on the AK100 not working properly with firmware 2.40? I've gone back to 2.30 and the issue has disappeared. I wondered whether it was due to my large library (I am using 2x128GB micro SD cards, both pretty much full) but the issue seems to be with 2.40 only.
I've been way and just read this. Interesting, 2.30 had so many bugs for me and 2.40 seemed to address many of them, although not all. I just tried what you mentioned and it works fine on mine with FLAC and mp3 files. I can use both the hard and soft keys to forward and back even a combination of both and all works as it should. I have a AK100 MK2 with a 64 gig Sandisk in slot one and a 32 gig Sandisk in slot two. Just after buying mine I had an issue with the 'Next' / 'Fast Forward' hard key not working as in what I assumed was a mechanical issue. The unit was replaced and many of the issues which I posted about and was chastised for (construed as whining) went away. On that unit everything worked basically as it should have except for the mechanical hard key issue. So I must wonder if there have been running production changes of the AK100 MK2 hardware that new/old firmware may have issues with? You would think that everyone would have an issue in 2.40 with skip back function. So running hardware revisions makes me wonder? Cheers, Neil
I am able to get the rewind button to work but it is very picky. A rapid double-click will always just restart the current song. I found that it only works if you press the rewind once and then wait until it just begins to play the current track to press the rewind button again. This is the only way i have been able to get it to rewind to the previous track using current fw.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 1 minute ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW - Yulong Audio Sabre DA8 Reference DAC 7 minutes ago
- › Review: ZMF Modified Fostex T50RP. Superb! 7 minutes ago
- › Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 Headphone Cable for Sennheiser (AUS) 8 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)