- 2 Posts. Joined 8/2014
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'm not going to repeat them. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for the strong recommendation and...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Brainwavz S5 Review: There are questions, and then there are questions that you get asked constantly. One of the most common requests of knowledge from me are on if unit X is better than unit...
I've received Concero HP from Ressonsense Labs for writing review in russian, but I want to share my thoughts with Head-Fi. As usual, I'll be somewhat brief, as I'm not so good in English, but I...
I’d like to thank John Seaber and the folks at JDS Labs for the C5D loaner unit. Accessories The C5D ships with a 1.5 foot USB mini-B cable, a set of four rubber stick-on feet and an...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 576
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Edited by RickDastardly - 8/29/14 at 11:35am
Yes, same here.
An hour after installing the firmware 2:40 I went back to 2.30, especially for this flaw.
Has anyone else had any issues with the skip track buttons on the AK100 not working properly with firmware 2.40? I've gone back to 2.30 and the issue has disappeared. I wondered whether it was due to my large library (I am using 2x128GB micro SD cards, both pretty much full) but the issue seems to be with 2.40 only.
I've been way and just read this. Interesting, 2.30 had so many bugs for me and 2.40 seemed to address many of them, although not all. I just tried what you mentioned and it works fine on mine with FLAC and mp3 files. I can use both the hard and soft keys to forward and back even a combination of both and all works as it should. I have a AK100 MK2 with a 64 gig Sandisk in slot one and a 32 gig Sandisk in slot two. Just after buying mine I had an issue with the 'Next' / 'Fast Forward' hard key not working as in what I assumed was a mechanical issue. The unit was replaced and many of the issues which I posted about and was chastised for (construed as whining) went away. On that unit everything worked basically as it should have except for the mechanical hard key issue. So I must wonder if there have been running production changes of the AK100 MK2 hardware that new/old firmware may have issues with? You would think that everyone would have an issue in 2.40 with skip back function. So running hardware revisions makes me wonder? Cheers, Neil
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › A long time(2010) Denon D5000 owner needs advice/direction on new... 14 seconds ago
- › Hello and Help 27 seconds ago
- › HD700 vs HD650 vs X1 vs AKG 701/02/12 arrrrgh! what to go for 1 minute ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 10 minutes ago
- › Wireless Headphones around £300 11 minutes ago
- › Opamp + adapter for FiiO E12DIY 11 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 12 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)