Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 575

post #8611 of 8672

The option turns the option to use line out on.  To then turn it to line use the volume wheel and click the new icon above the number.  Say yes to the warning and boom line-out.  Do the same to return to volume control.

post #8612 of 8672
Thank you for your help. Guessed it was me but did not see any instructions. Cheers
post #8613 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMyHifi View Post

Thank you for your help. Guessed it was me but did not see any instructions. Cheers

 

Not you, I had to figure it out.

post #8614 of 8672

Yes I connected the Toslink 3.5 mm adaptator on the headphone out of the AK 100 and the toslink on the Rega Dac. But there is no sound. Probably because there is only a coax cable from the dac to the amp (Naim 5I)... But there is no toslink in on this amp.
 


 

Do you think I must to buy a toslink to RCA adaptator and plug on my amp ?

post #8615 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by flemi77 View Post
 

Yes I connected the Toslink 3.5 mm adaptator on the headphone out of the AK 100 and the toslink on the Rega Dac. But there is no sound. Probably because there is only a coax cable from the dac to the amp (Naim 5I)... But there is no toslink in on this amp.
 


 

Do you think I must to buy a toslink to RCA adaptator and plug on my amp ?

 

TOSLINK is digital; RCA is analog.   You would need a converter - not just an adapter.  

post #8616 of 8672

Finally got around to buying a couple of Sd cards.   Sandisk 32gb. . Now probably silly questions.  They are in , they show up. Now how do I get stuff on them. ?? Bit disconcerting that they come separately from the AK100 on my desktop. 


Edited by DiDi - 8/20/14 at 3:34am
post #8617 of 8672

You plug the AK in and select USB Storage.  Should get 3 drives, drag and drop what you want.

post #8618 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

You plug the AK in and select USB Storage.  Should get 3 drives, drag and drop what you want.

Been doing that . It copies  to the sd and the sd is showing in the AK100  but empty.  Should mention Mac :) 

 

Edit: Crisis over . :lol:  It's working. Could it have  been that the battery was  low ?? 


Edited by DiDi - 8/20/14 at 4:49am
post #8619 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDi View Post
 

Finally got around to buying a couple of Sd cards.   Sandisk 32gb. . Now probably silly questions.  They are in , they show up. Now how do I get stuff on them. ?? Bit disconcerting that they come separately from the AK100 on my desktop.

You can also use a card reader. It would be a faster process.

post #8620 of 8672

Hi,

 

I'm considering to purchase Ultrasone Signature Pro hedaphones to use them with my AK 100. Has anybody tried such a combination? I've read several positive reviews and the only thing that I'm concerned about is their relatively low sensitivity of 98 db.

post #8621 of 8672

You've not an audiophile yet you decided to dropping 3k on the AK240 because it has a different sound signature is :confused_face_2:. I'm mean a sansa clip will also have a different sound sig than an AK120 yet it costs less than a ak120/240 case. Please don't let my option deter you from making an future purchases thou. What an expensive hobby! 

post #8622 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonatans View Post
 

You can also use a card reader. It would be a faster process.

Don't have a card reader, but didn't need anyway.  :) Worked fine in the end . 

post #8623 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonatans View Post
 

Hi,

 

I'm considering to purchase Ultrasone Signature Pro hedaphones to use them with my AK 100. Has anybody tried such a combination? I've read several positive reviews and the only thing that I'm concerned about is their relatively low sensitivity of 98 db.

Yes I auditioned one and it sounded horrible that I insisted to the shop owner that they were faulty. I'm totally serious as I was considering to buy one. 


Edited by Fungus - 8/28/14 at 3:37pm
post #8624 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fungus View Post
 

Yes I auditioned one and it sounded horrible that I assisted to the shop owner that they were faulty. I'm totally serious as I was considering to buy one. 

Sorry I remembered it wrongly, it was the pro 900 that soundly horrid, not the sig pro. 

post #8625 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klonatans View Post
 

Hi,

 

I'm considering to purchase Ultrasone Signature Pro hedaphones to use them with my AK 100. Has anybody tried such a combination? I've read several positive reviews and the only thing that I'm concerned about is their relatively low sensitivity of 98 db.

 

No the Pros (at the time I had them, there were no AK100s I think...) but I own the Signature DJs. No problem at all driving them well.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP