Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 560

post #8386 of 8620

My battery life is getting low.  At some point, I will probably try to change the battery myself.  Does anyone know what the battery number is?  Thanks.

post #8387 of 8620
I have Grados 325i that I use with the AK. Works great. Lots of details, silent background and the volume well below 60. voices are great, just try Monteverdi and you will be very happy. The LCD 2 is better if used with an external amp. As it is, for my taste, it sounds too dark when paired with the AK100 alone.
post #8388 of 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by daseinpdx View Post
 

My battery life is getting low.  At some point, I will probably try to change the battery myself.  Does anyone know what the battery number is?  Thanks.


I also want to know.... or with the same size and voltage,  stock is 2000mAh, maybe we can use OEM battery.

 

If you will open it up, please check the detail of the battery and take photo, measure the size of the battery (LxWxH)

 


Edited by hkfriends - 4/28/14 at 11:22pm
post #8389 of 8620
For the AK100 battery, you have option to use the higher capacity like the 2450 mAh

Phanom
Edited by Birdoffice - 5/3/14 at 3:56pm
post #8390 of 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdoffice View Post
 

For the AK100 battery, you have option to use the higher capacity like the 2450 mAh below so it will make your ak100 run longer

 

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/EB575152VU-2450mah-high-capacity-gold-battery-for-samsung-Galaxy-S-i9000-GT-I9000-i9003-Free-Shipping/814963_1120903645.html

 

Phanom


good idea.... do you know what kind of the connector can be used? 

I know I can use the original one to mod... but I want to keep my original battery, so is there any similar connector (or other mp3) which I can soldering to this i9003 battery?

 

edit: I just found these 2.00mm pin at home, maybe can made use of these...

 

It seems i9070 is also matched the size, but the connector pin is so small (I believe less than 2.00mm)

 

 

thanks


Edited by hkfriends - 4/30/14 at 2:56am
post #8391 of 8620
Open the tape of original battery then unsolder the cable and used it for new battery. Donot need to cut the cable so you can solder it back to original battery if required.
post #8392 of 8620

So, I sold my RWAK100 recently, and borrowed a DX50.

 

Simply put it this way. RWAK100 is class above DX50. Noise level, bass fluency, smoothness, wideness is all much better on RWAK. Also, I hear a constant high frequency buzz on the DX50. It's not too bad, but it's noticeable.

post #8393 of 8620
My ak100 always hangs when playing wav file, but no problem when playing flac or mp3..I'm using fw 2.30
Anyone knows how to fix this..?
Thanx
post #8394 of 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_hell View Post

My ak100 always hangs when playing wav file, but no problem when playing flac or mp3..I'm using fw 2.30
Anyone knows how to fix this..?
Thanx

This happens to me with APE files - I got no solution from iriver but the standard "where id you get the file from.." 

It seems that this happens to some files - probably You'll have to re-rip the files. 

post #8395 of 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post
 

 

This is where telepathy comes in handy :rolleyes:

Hey guys,

 

Just FYI -  I just saw that JMoon from iriver has posted only recently in the AK240 thread. Maybe You can get some repsonse from him/her  there.

post #8396 of 8620
I want share my ak 100 japan Gold Edition









Pair with Mass Ko Bo 395


post #8397 of 8620

Today,I listened DX90 in our forum meeting..I compared with my AK100.With my musics.And I love AK100 more with IE800.

 

And I think,DX90 and AK100 are so close.DX90 can be harsh and it has more open sound signature.

 

But,AK100's mids much better than DX90 and AK100's background is more cleaner.

 

I think DX90's only plus is power.

 

About other things and in sound AK100 is better with IE800.

 

I wanted to write my impressions.

 

I think,I will buy AK120.But,it not certain.


Edited by high-fidelity - 5/11/14 at 10:25am
post #8398 of 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by high-fidelity View Post
 

Today,I listened DX90 in our forum meeting..I compared with my AK100.With my musics.And I love AK100 more with IE800.

 

And I think,DX90 and AK100 are so close.DX90 can be harsh and it has more open sound signature.

 

But,AK100's mids much better than DX90 and AK100's background is more cleaner.

 

I think DX90's only plus is power.

 

About other things and in sound AK100 is better with IE800.

 

I wanted to write my impressions.

 

I think,I will buy AK120.But,it not certain.

 

Interesting, remembering how DX90 is very much talked about so fondly here.

Did you have the MkII or was it the MkI AK100?

 

I actually have heard the X5 to use with my V3 but still prefers my AK100 and this is not only from the form factor.

The sound signature of the X5 just does not suit me, along with the button layout and the heaviness of the player.

Will be looking forward to demoing a Calyx M and the DX90 in the near future though.

post #8399 of 8620
Quote:
It seems i9070 is also matched the size, but the connector pin is so small (I believe less than 2.00mm)

 

 

thanks

I saw this batterie on an other forum. if you remove the golden sticker, you will have a surprise.

if I remember well, it was a 1600mAh batterie.


Edited by gotgot89 - 5/11/14 at 8:55pm
post #8400 of 8620
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post
 

 

Interesting, remembering how DX90 is very much talked about so fondly here.

Did you have the MkII or was it the MkI AK100?

 

I actually have heard the X5 to use with my V3 but still prefers my AK100 and this is not only from the form factor.

The sound signature of the X5 just does not suit me, along with the button layout and the heaviness of the player.

Will be looking forward to demoing a Calyx M and the DX90 in the near future though.

I have the MK1.First series.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP