or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 557

post #8341 of 9113

well - I guess they will learn soon ...

post #8342 of 9113

BTW - I found an older email from January 2014 that Iriver had sent to me as a relply to me inquiry regard problems with freezing and not playing certain HiRes Files.

 

Maybe you want to try this email adress?

 

dm@iriverservice.de

post #8343 of 9113

Can't hurt... take 3.

post #8344 of 9113

Found another contact point on their eStore.  Sent one more time using that form.  This is funny though...

 

 

BUT NO PHONE NUMBER ANYWHERE /facepalm

post #8345 of 9113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solude View Post
 

Found another contact point on their eStore.  Sent one more time using that form.  This is funny though...

 

 

BUT NO PHONE NUMBER ANYWHERE /facepalm

 

This is where telepathy comes in handy :rolleyes:

post #8346 of 9113

Which type of micro SD cards Ak100 runs ? Which formats ? 

post #8347 of 9113
They have to be formatted as FAT32
post #8348 of 9113
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

They have to be formatted as FAT32

Thanks.

post #8349 of 9113

Okay, I ready to call it quits with the AK100. I'm really patient and know these things take time, but...  This is my second unit (AK100, MkII) from ALO Audio. While they were helpful in the beginning, they really could not offer specific guidance on problems that I'm having. Today, the AK100 scans the library and freezes at 370. I do a hard reset and the same thing happens. My 30 day trial is up next week and if I can't figure it out (and maybe even if I figure it out), this unit is going back.

 

Really too bad as the sound is great, but the user experience.... not there yet!

post #8350 of 9113
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidW View Post
 

Okay, I ready to call it quits with the AK100. I'm really patient and know these things take time, but...  This is my second unit (AK100, MkII) from ALO Audio. While they were helpful in the beginning, they really could not offer specific guidance on problems that I'm having. Today, the AK100 scans the library and freezes at 370. I do a hard reset and the same thing happens. My 30 day trial is up next week and if I can't figure it out (and maybe even if I figure it out), this unit is going back.

 

Really too bad as the sound is great, but the user experience.... not there yet!

 

I suppose you have checked your SD card to be sure it reads and writes OK....not just visibly holding the folders/files???

 

If not, that could be your problem, and not the AK.

 

Here's the best one if you need it:  H2testW

post #8351 of 9113

Remove any cards and try again.  If it still fails, and you can't get into the player to turn off auto scanning, wipe the Music folder and turn it off.

 

Stalling in the scan is a card or tag problem.

post #8352 of 9113

Well, removing the card was the trick. Thanks to both of you. BTW, the only card I have is the MQS card with sample tracks that came with the AK100 as I'm waiting for the 128G card from Amazon. Still on the fence but will decide next week.

post #8353 of 9113

Interesting time in the AK100 price range.  X5 and DX90 available in limited quantities and Calyx M about a month out.  Personally I'm getting the M but I may also give the X5 or even AK240 a try.  I need the usb dac to work 100% and the AK100 simply doesn't.

post #8354 of 9113
Hi guys

If anyone is after a AK100 so that they can send it to RedWineAudio for the RWAK100-S mod, please PM me. I have a gold Ak100 with a problem with the volume knob after dropping it while it was inside a pouch and leather case. The AK100 is otherwise in an excellent (scratch/mark free) and fully functional condition. Look to sell for $300 + shipping. Here are some pictures of the device.



Edited by hemtmaker - 4/19/14 at 8:49am
post #8355 of 9113
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemtmaker View Post

Hi guys

If anyone is after a AK100 so that they can send it to RedWineAudio for the RWAK100-S mod, please PM me. I have a gold Ak100 with a problem with the volume knob after dropping it while it was inside a pouch and leather case. The AK100 is otherwise in an excellent (scratch/mark free) and fully functional condition. Look to sell for $300 + shipping

I'm not in the market for one, but I've no doubt you'll sell it really quickly. Unlike many people who sell stuff on here, you're actually asking a very reasonable price for the unit given what's wrong with it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP