If they answer tell them to reply to my service request :P
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/16/14 at 12:34pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 10/23/14 at 7:52am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
AKG K3003 means much more than a new product for the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology into one. After...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
Disclaimer: I received this unit for review purpose as a part of the Australasian tour. The unit is owned by Paul (Brooko). Thank you for making this happen. Summary: This is the...
JOINHANDMADE'S JELLY GALAXY INTRODUCTION Joinhandmade is a Vietnamese earphone maker. Its specialty is obvious: handmade electronics. To date, Joinhandmade has released two earphones as...
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It would be a great idea anyway to communicate to someone from iRiver in Korea that their customer base does expect some responsiveness - and legitimately. Event if they are now riding the wave of the 240 customers buying the AK100 and AK120 still paid a LOT of money - IMHO.
Building up an image of "they don't care anyway" can be a killer for a company and cost them a lot of money - if not today then tomorrow when competitors show them how good customer's service can be offered. Honestly speaking - I am waiting eagerly for this.
on the update -
1) download the FW- file (zip-file)
2) unpack it
3) Start the player and connect it with your pc or mac and open a window in explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac).
4) The player will ask you if you want to a) charge it or b) use it as dac or c) connect it as external drive.
5) wait till your explorer / Finder shows you the AK100.
6) Copy the "AK100.hex" - file into the root directory of the player
7) Eject the player
8) Reboot the Player
Thanks for instructions.
Can somebody share the link of last update ?
I didn't find ''root directory'' file in AK100.I see:''System,AK100_Manual,Playlists,Music'' are there when I connect with my pc.
Where do I copy the firmware ? Which file ?
And how can I start the ''root'' ?
I'm also interested in the Calyx M, although I'm also on alert since it is Calyx's first DAP that could produce many unwanted bugs if they are not ready.
If you can reach Iriver KV, please enquire them about the firmware
It's not a folder. To root directory means just the AK100. No folders. Just drag it in right to the AK100, not in any folders.
Sad but sounding more like true each day.
That would be more than great if you could do that, I thought I was alone trying to contact them from California but apparently not. Love to hear what they have to say. It's a very good player except for some of these nagging issues. I don't consider one time when you are playing a song and you power it down and later want to continue and it doesn't see that song or any of the micro sd cards a minor issue. It's actually quite a @#$% off having to power cycle a couple times to get it to recognize the other two cards so you can continue listening. Cheers
Guys, I have an issue. When playing WAV files, my AK100 will sometimes lock up and get stuck in a loop. The only thing I can do is the hard reset. This is very, very annoying and I have no idea what is causing it. It doesn't do it with any other file types. I prefer listening to WAV files over FLAC, so it is very disappointing.
Has anyone else had this same issue, and if so, know any causes/fixes?
Ok.And I will shut down and start up again right ? Or the root operation is different ?
When you plug in the AK as a USB storage, you get drives that appear. For me the AK100 is drive H:\. So you go into H, copy the firmware file into it, and disconnect. The AK sees that there is a firmware file and loads it. Once loaded it deletes it from, in my case, the H drive.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › URGENT| ~Need amp or dac/amp for my HD700. 21 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 58 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › DX90 Question 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 6 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 6 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 7 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 8 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 8 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)