If they answer tell them to reply to my service request :P
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on Yesterday at 6:17 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I bought the headphones on 26 / january / 2015 this first thing that made me happy was the excellent comfort of the headphones and the ability to stay on my head even if was leaning my head these...
XBA-A2 The title says "Japanese import" and I had to an add and search just to do a review. I went on a mission...
I have a lot of closed headphones. These are as good as any other closed headphone at this price, in fact, I prefer these to the DT770, K550, UE6000. The DJ1 Pro have a bigger and airier sound...
Video review of the Fiio X3 Second Generation player.
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It would be a great idea anyway to communicate to someone from iRiver in Korea that their customer base does expect some responsiveness - and legitimately. Event if they are now riding the wave of the 240 customers buying the AK100 and AK120 still paid a LOT of money - IMHO.
Building up an image of "they don't care anyway" can be a killer for a company and cost them a lot of money - if not today then tomorrow when competitors show them how good customer's service can be offered. Honestly speaking - I am waiting eagerly for this.
on the update -
1) download the FW- file (zip-file)
2) unpack it
3) Start the player and connect it with your pc or mac and open a window in explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac).
4) The player will ask you if you want to a) charge it or b) use it as dac or c) connect it as external drive.
5) wait till your explorer / Finder shows you the AK100.
6) Copy the "AK100.hex" - file into the root directory of the player
7) Eject the player
8) Reboot the Player
Thanks for instructions.
Can somebody share the link of last update ?
I didn't find ''root directory'' file in AK100.I see:''System,AK100_Manual,Playlists,Music'' are there when I connect with my pc.
Where do I copy the firmware ? Which file ?
And how can I start the ''root'' ?
I'm also interested in the Calyx M, although I'm also on alert since it is Calyx's first DAP that could produce many unwanted bugs if they are not ready.
If you can reach Iriver KV, please enquire them about the firmware
It's not a folder. To root directory means just the AK100. No folders. Just drag it in right to the AK100, not in any folders.
Sad but sounding more like true each day.
That would be more than great if you could do that, I thought I was alone trying to contact them from California but apparently not. Love to hear what they have to say. It's a very good player except for some of these nagging issues. I don't consider one time when you are playing a song and you power it down and later want to continue and it doesn't see that song or any of the micro sd cards a minor issue. It's actually quite a @#$% off having to power cycle a couple times to get it to recognize the other two cards so you can continue listening. Cheers
Guys, I have an issue. When playing WAV files, my AK100 will sometimes lock up and get stuck in a loop. The only thing I can do is the hard reset. This is very, very annoying and I have no idea what is causing it. It doesn't do it with any other file types. I prefer listening to WAV files over FLAC, so it is very disappointing.
Has anyone else had this same issue, and if so, know any causes/fixes?
Ok.And I will shut down and start up again right ? Or the root operation is different ?
When you plug in the AK as a USB storage, you get drives that appear. For me the AK100 is drive H:\. So you go into H, copy the firmware file into it, and disconnect. The AK sees that there is a firmware file and loads it. Once loaded it deletes it from, in my case, the H drive.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 1 second ago
- › Headophone amplifiers driving Speakers 47 seconds ago
- › $1000-$1500 to spend on an amp/dac Schiit Lyr2/Bifrost or Oppo HA-1... 1 minute ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 1 minute ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 1 minute ago
- › RHA T10 Review by mark2410 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2