If they answer tell them to reply to my service request :P
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 554
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It would be a great idea anyway to communicate to someone from iRiver in Korea that their customer base does expect some responsiveness - and legitimately. Event if they are now riding the wave of the 240 customers buying the AK100 and AK120 still paid a LOT of money - IMHO.
Building up an image of "they don't care anyway" can be a killer for a company and cost them a lot of money - if not today then tomorrow when competitors show them how good customer's service can be offered. Honestly speaking - I am waiting eagerly for this.
on the update -
1) download the FW- file (zip-file)
2) unpack it
3) Start the player and connect it with your pc or mac and open a window in explorer (PC) or Finder (Mac).
4) The player will ask you if you want to a) charge it or b) use it as dac or c) connect it as external drive.
5) wait till your explorer / Finder shows you the AK100.
6) Copy the "AK100.hex" - file into the root directory of the player
7) Eject the player
8) Reboot the Player
Thanks for instructions.
Can somebody share the link of last update ?
I didn't find ''root directory'' file in AK100.I see:''System,AK100_Manual,Playlists,Music'' are there when I connect with my pc.
Where do I copy the firmware ? Which file ?
And how can I start the ''root'' ?
I'm also interested in the Calyx M, although I'm also on alert since it is Calyx's first DAP that could produce many unwanted bugs if they are not ready.
If you can reach Iriver KV, please enquire them about the firmware
It's not a folder. To root directory means just the AK100. No folders. Just drag it in right to the AK100, not in any folders.
Sad but sounding more like true each day.
That would be more than great if you could do that, I thought I was alone trying to contact them from California but apparently not. Love to hear what they have to say. It's a very good player except for some of these nagging issues. I don't consider one time when you are playing a song and you power it down and later want to continue and it doesn't see that song or any of the micro sd cards a minor issue. It's actually quite a @#$% off having to power cycle a couple times to get it to recognize the other two cards so you can continue listening. Cheers
Guys, I have an issue. When playing WAV files, my AK100 will sometimes lock up and get stuck in a loop. The only thing I can do is the hard reset. This is very, very annoying and I have no idea what is causing it. It doesn't do it with any other file types. I prefer listening to WAV files over FLAC, so it is very disappointing.
Has anyone else had this same issue, and if so, know any causes/fixes?
Ok.And I will shut down and start up again right ? Or the root operation is different ?
When you plug in the AK as a USB storage, you get drives that appear. For me the AK100 is drive H:\. So you go into H, copy the firmware file into it, and disconnect. The AK sees that there is a firmware file and loads it. Once loaded it deletes it from, in my case, the H drive.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 28 seconds ago
- › Grado wood makers & sellers thread 43 seconds ago
- › Ask for some help. Is my old heaphones fitting my new iphone? 1 minute ago
- › Tastefully modded T50RP with BTG hybrid cable & HiFiMan SMA connectors 1 minute ago
- › The EU deals thread! 2 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy a new pair of XEARS IEMs... 3 minutes ago
- › Which one? AKG Q701 vs. BeyerDynamics Custom Pro's vs ... 3 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › IEMS with bass under $100 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)