Guys with the AK100 firmware 1.2 is out.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 1/16/15 at 9:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
bmichels, I really don't mean to be rude but I've noticed that you do ask quite a few questions on various threads you're in, which you can find answers to if you search on head-fi (or in this case Google).
I'll throw this in as a freebie :-
◈ Newly added functions
1. Moving to Main list when you push "←" located at the top-left side of screen for 3~5 sec
※ Moving to upper stage as usual when you push "←" shortly( 0.5~ 1 sec).
2. Saving the playback route of music file. (Both folder type & DB type can be supported by v1.20)
(1) Moving out user's playback route when users touch "←" after approching " now playing " menu ,
Ex) If you play "C" music file in B folder of A high rank folder ,
1) Music files in folder B will be displayed in case of your approching "now playing".
2) The information of A folder will be displayed in case of once touching "←".
1. Blutooth function
(1) We previously recommanded you to only play less 16bit , 48kHz files for optimal sound quality ,
but we improved it to maximum 24bit , 96kHz with keeping optimal sound quality.
1) We recommand you to use earphone because of low sound quality of blutooth profile standards
2) Playback of high sound quality can cause the lower playback speed or even no playback.
(2) Unified ordering process of DB & playlist under ASCII code
◈ Bug fix
1. System stabilization
(1) Device freezing during powering ON / OFF is resolved.
FYI, if it plays up to 24/192, it plays 24/88 for sure
Edited by the wizard of oz - 12/13/12 at 1:53am
It looks great...but will there be a solution for those of us with IEM's? I mean...I'd love to be able to hit the NYC subway with my Grado's or these Royale's that I'm testing...but...um...no.
Received the AK100 today... updated to latest firmware made available on 12/10 and transfered various high rez and CD-quality flacs... after 20 minutes of initial testing, everything plays smoothly and sounds really good with my FTG334s.
Updating the firmware and transferring files was super easy. It was so nice to be able to transfer Flac files without having to convert or compress.
Will try and post pics tomorrow, but I absolutely love the form factor. It appears that I can fit both (i) the AK100 in its soft pouch; and (ii) the FTG 334s in its pouch, into the small pelican case that came with the 334s. This is an unexpected surprise and a huge plus for me and as its the perfect travel setup for the plane.
One of the best parts so far is that I am not hearing any background hiss, which I found very annoying with most of the other setups I've tried.
To be clear, I have not tried the DX100 which seems to be very popular, and I imagine sounds great as well. For me, the size of the AK100 is just perfect. I did not listen to it before updating firmware, so I can't comment on what it sounded like right out of the box. Not sure if the sound gets better after a burn-in period, but it sounds great to me out of the box with the latest firmware.
Anyways, I'm stoked that I pulled the trigger on this and am very satisfied with the initial performance.
I like the volume knob. Still on the fence on the high output only concern I have is if it will work with my Heir 3.ai and or sennheiser px200's:)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › She is Called Esther ---SOUNDAWARE New Portable Player Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 1/4/2015:... 2 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 2 minutes ago
- › choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) 3 minutes ago
- › Bluedio HT H-Turbine 57mm Driver BT Headphones review 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › EML 274B, 6SN7, and Woo 6DE7 to 6SN7 adapter 5 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › Audio Technica S700BT by ironicinori
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)