Guys with the AK100 firmware 1.2 is out.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
bmichels, I really don't mean to be rude but I've noticed that you do ask quite a few questions on various threads you're in, which you can find answers to if you search on head-fi (or in this case Google).
I'll throw this in as a freebie :-
◈ Newly added functions
1. Moving to Main list when you push "←" located at the top-left side of screen for 3~5 sec
※ Moving to upper stage as usual when you push "←" shortly( 0.5~ 1 sec).
2. Saving the playback route of music file. (Both folder type & DB type can be supported by v1.20)
(1) Moving out user's playback route when users touch "←" after approching " now playing " menu ,
Ex) If you play "C" music file in B folder of A high rank folder ,
1) Music files in folder B will be displayed in case of your approching "now playing".
2) The information of A folder will be displayed in case of once touching "←".
1. Blutooth function
(1) We previously recommanded you to only play less 16bit , 48kHz files for optimal sound quality ,
but we improved it to maximum 24bit , 96kHz with keeping optimal sound quality.
1) We recommand you to use earphone because of low sound quality of blutooth profile standards
2) Playback of high sound quality can cause the lower playback speed or even no playback.
(2) Unified ordering process of DB & playlist under ASCII code
◈ Bug fix
1. System stabilization
(1) Device freezing during powering ON / OFF is resolved.
FYI, if it plays up to 24/192, it plays 24/88 for sure
Edited by the wizard of oz - 12/13/12 at 1:53am
It looks great...but will there be a solution for those of us with IEM's? I mean...I'd love to be able to hit the NYC subway with my Grado's or these Royale's that I'm testing...but...um...no.
Received the AK100 today... updated to latest firmware made available on 12/10 and transfered various high rez and CD-quality flacs... after 20 minutes of initial testing, everything plays smoothly and sounds really good with my FTG334s.
Updating the firmware and transferring files was super easy. It was so nice to be able to transfer Flac files without having to convert or compress.
Will try and post pics tomorrow, but I absolutely love the form factor. It appears that I can fit both (i) the AK100 in its soft pouch; and (ii) the FTG 334s in its pouch, into the small pelican case that came with the 334s. This is an unexpected surprise and a huge plus for me and as its the perfect travel setup for the plane.
One of the best parts so far is that I am not hearing any background hiss, which I found very annoying with most of the other setups I've tried.
To be clear, I have not tried the DX100 which seems to be very popular, and I imagine sounds great as well. For me, the size of the AK100 is just perfect. I did not listen to it before updating firmware, so I can't comment on what it sounded like right out of the box. Not sure if the sound gets better after a burn-in period, but it sounds great to me out of the box with the latest firmware.
Anyways, I'm stoked that I pulled the trigger on this and am very satisfied with the initial performance.
I like the volume knob. Still on the fence on the high output only concern I have is if it will work with my Heir 3.ai and or sennheiser px200's:)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Multi-IEM Review - 320 IEMs compared (Xiaomi Piston 2 added... 28 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 54 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 54 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 6 minutes ago
- › ES100: HIFIMAN's New Flagship Earbuds 8 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 8 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 13 minutes ago
- › HeadAmp Headphone Demos -- Sign up now for HiFiMAN HE-560 13 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by bowei006
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)