Guys with the AK100 firmware 1.2 is out.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- looking for advice for sleeping iem in the $100 range Last post on 8/16/11 at 6:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Looking to buy headphones for anthem/epic trance. Last post on 5/1/11 at 2:27am in Headphones (full-size)
- of all the mp3 players that can use the current stable Rockbox port, which is best? Last post on 9/10/10 at 5:51pm in Portable Source Gear
- help me choose my new mp3 player! Last post on 9/12/10 at 6:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Audiobook player with specific requirements Last post on 9/2/10 at 2:44am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Edited on 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Edited on 5/13/13
Let’s start with the accessories, which are 3 pairs of silicone tips (small, medium and large size), airline adapter plug (should replace it with foam tips or something else more practical IMO)...
Upon initial listening with these buds, I was rather unimpressed as I heard the rather familiar bloated mid-bass, sharp highs, and lack of mids that SKDY's old line carried. Then I realized that...
The VSD1 is the latest in a rather long line of budget in ear monitors including the VC02, GR99, GR02 and others that promises high quality sound for around $50 or so. While I haven’t had...
I tried a few Grado's —didn't like the Grado house sound—, a few Senn's —HD650 left a good impression—, a few lower-end AT's —I thought the AD700 were impressive for the price— and after reading...
In my recent quest for a new set of cans, I took a slight detour into the land of flashy prosumer headphones, in the form of the HK CL. The only reason I tried a pair was the price: half off,...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 56
Gear mentioned in this thread:
bmichels, I really don't mean to be rude but I've noticed that you do ask quite a few questions on various threads you're in, which you can find answers to if you search on head-fi (or in this case Google).
I'll throw this in as a freebie :-
◈ Newly added functions
1. Moving to Main list when you push "←" located at the top-left side of screen for 3~5 sec
※ Moving to upper stage as usual when you push "←" shortly( 0.5~ 1 sec).
2. Saving the playback route of music file. (Both folder type & DB type can be supported by v1.20)
(1) Moving out user's playback route when users touch "←" after approching " now playing " menu ,
Ex) If you play "C" music file in B folder of A high rank folder ,
1) Music files in folder B will be displayed in case of your approching "now playing".
2) The information of A folder will be displayed in case of once touching "←".
1. Blutooth function
(1) We previously recommanded you to only play less 16bit , 48kHz files for optimal sound quality ,
but we improved it to maximum 24bit , 96kHz with keeping optimal sound quality.
1) We recommand you to use earphone because of low sound quality of blutooth profile standards
2) Playback of high sound quality can cause the lower playback speed or even no playback.
(2) Unified ordering process of DB & playlist under ASCII code
◈ Bug fix
1. System stabilization
(1) Device freezing during powering ON / OFF is resolved.
FYI, if it plays up to 24/192, it plays 24/88 for sure
Edited by the wizard of oz - 12/13/12 at 1:53am
It looks great...but will there be a solution for those of us with IEM's? I mean...I'd love to be able to hit the NYC subway with my Grado's or these Royale's that I'm testing...but...um...no.
Received the AK100 today... updated to latest firmware made available on 12/10 and transfered various high rez and CD-quality flacs... after 20 minutes of initial testing, everything plays smoothly and sounds really good with my FTG334s.
Updating the firmware and transferring files was super easy. It was so nice to be able to transfer Flac files without having to convert or compress.
Will try and post pics tomorrow, but I absolutely love the form factor. It appears that I can fit both (i) the AK100 in its soft pouch; and (ii) the FTG 334s in its pouch, into the small pelican case that came with the 334s. This is an unexpected surprise and a huge plus for me and as its the perfect travel setup for the plane.
One of the best parts so far is that I am not hearing any background hiss, which I found very annoying with most of the other setups I've tried.
To be clear, I have not tried the DX100 which seems to be very popular, and I imagine sounds great as well. For me, the size of the AK100 is just perfect. I did not listen to it before updating firmware, so I can't comment on what it sounded like right out of the box. Not sure if the sound gets better after a burn-in period, but it sounds great to me out of the box with the latest firmware.
Anyways, I'm stoked that I pulled the trigger on this and am very satisfied with the initial performance.
I like the volume knob. Still on the fence on the high output only concern I have is if it will work with my Heir 3.ai and or sennheiser px200's:)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Philips Fidelio S2. Shockingly amazing... 5 seconds ago
- › what got you started towards the path of becoming a audiophile? 27 seconds ago
- › Portable headphones recommendations needed! 38 seconds ago
- › [NEWS / DISCUSSION / IMPRESSION] Phonak Audéo PFE232 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › post your grado mods.... 2 minutes ago
- › Why are these Wooduo 2's so cheap? Fake maybe? 3 minutes ago
- › "Very Best" DJ Headphone <$500? 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Labs RS1i Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by danikus
- › Skullcandy S2SYDA-008 Merge Earbud Headphones - Black/Chrome by KodaO
- › VSONIC VSD1 by TheGame21x
- › Audio Technica W5000 by the wizard of oz
- › Harmon Kardon Classic On-Ear Headphones by imagic
- › Creative Aurvana Live! Headphones by imagic
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by Aakash
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by iern
- › Apple iPod classic 160 GB Silver (7th Generation) NEWEST MODEL by jensy
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by dietcoke2am
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe