Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 547

post #8191 of 8656

Understood.You mean it has better sound,better stage,better etc than iHifi,right ?

post #8192 of 8656

Never heard of it.

post #8193 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchaka View Post
 

which one to buy: $400 used AK100 or $799 new AK100mk2?

 

Official HeadFi Code dictates that you shall will spend 2X $ for the 5-10% improvement of the Mk2. You have no choice, do not question further.

post #8194 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by elchaka View Post
 

which one to buy: $400 used AK100 or $799 new AK100mk2?

 

Buy the cheap one then spend $250 with Red Wine Audio for the modification, making it the RWAK100.

I got mine done by an ebay seller from Japan, had to send it to him, spent $156 plus shipping to Japan to basically do the same thing. Unfortuatly this seller doesn't seem to have the service listed anymore.

post #8195 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsan View Post
 

 

Buy the cheap one then spend $250 with Red Wine Audio for the modification, making it the RWAK100.

I got mine done by an ebay seller from Japan, had to send it to him, spent $156 plus shipping to Japan to basically do the same thing. Unfortuatly this seller doesn't seem to have the service listed anymore.

 

not possible to do RWAK because it would cost more than MK2 (Mod, Custom fee, Shipping fee etc)

 

thanks for the opinion by the way

post #8196 of 8656

Sorry folks if this is in the wrong spot or done improperly.  It's my first time.

 

I recently purchased an AK100 MkII.   I like it's fidelity very much.   My source music files are all ripped Red Book CDs in WAV format, which live on a music server.  Although they transferred to the AK100, they appear only in the "folders" menu, are sorted alphabetically by first name of the artist, and the folders are separated as 'main music', SD1 and SD2.  So finding something is almost impossible.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get the AK100 to see the appropriate metadata on my WAV files and produce a useable index, and can the index include all three of memories?  Perhaps more importantly, is there a way someone like me with VERY limited computer skills can accomplish it?  My knowledge of 'metadata' doesn't go far beyond spelling it.  My efforts to get assistance from iriver have not been productive.  Thanks.

post #8197 of 8656

Did you scan the library?

post #8198 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon2 View Post

Sorry folks if this is in the wrong spot or done improperly.  It's my first time.

I recently purchased an AK100 MkII.   I like it's fidelity very much.   My source music files are all ripped Red Book CDs in WAV format, which live on a music server.  Although they transferred to the AK100, they appear only in the "folders" menu, are sorted alphabetically by first name of the artist, and the folders are separated as 'main music', SD1 and SD2.  So finding something is almost impossible.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get the AK100 to see the appropriate metadata on my WAV files and produce a useable index, and can the index include all three of memories?  Perhaps more importantly, is there a way someone like me with VERY limited computer skills can accomplish it?  My knowledge of 'metadata' doesn't go far beyond spelling it.  My efforts to get assistance from iriver have not been productive.  Thanks.

There was somewhat detailed discussion of tags & relatively simple methods you can use to 'clean them up' a few pages back in this thread (last week), that should help. There's also been even more detailed discussion of cleanup methods in the past in this thread as well, a search or trawl through the thread should yield that info.
post #8199 of 8656

will the ak100/ak100mk2 and westone 4r fit together in a pelican case 1010 ?

post #8200 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtomr View Post

Official HeadFi Code dictates that you shall will spend 2X $ for the 5-10% improvement of the Mk2. You have no choice, do not question further.

Precisely the reason why I opted for the X5 over the A&K players :-)
post #8201 of 8656

I will buy AK100 for my IE800 in this week,if I don't turn away.

post #8202 of 8656

So I bought the AK100 Mk2 after getting some solid advise from folks on this thread (thank you) and have really enjoyed listening to the player. Struggled a bit to get oriented, but that is to be expected.  Here is where I'm stuck-- With no SD card yet, space is really limited. I have been deleting songs from Finder or Explorer, but it doesn't show any increase in the storage capacity and the AK100 is unable to scan new songs.  Do I need to reset it back to factory settings (and if so how) or are there other solutions?

 

Thanks,

 

-David

post #8203 of 8656

When in doubt set Auto Library Scan to On.

post #8204 of 8656

I tried that. Library scan was set to on. Even when I manually hit library scan, I get the reply: "there is not enough free disk space to run..." I already deleted all my music off the AK100, but the music titles are still there with the display "cannot find file." No wonder, as the files have been deleted yet the AK100 shows only minimal available space.

 

Yikes!

post #8205 of 8656

So when you use USB Storage mode there is nothing in the Music folder?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP