Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/11/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/11/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/30/13 at 12:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread Last post on 11/26/13 at 10:46am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 512post #7666 of 767212/6/13 at 2:56pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7667 of 767212/6/13 at 3:01pm
i think i'm a kid of my generation.....we where all cr"appled"....and we went to be used to shuffle. I actually like ALL my music, so the shuffle thing is quite addictive. Still, i love having full albums from time to time, nothing better!
and yes, i love this little machine too, and i just found out that taking time to adjust a personal EQ is SOOOOOOOO precious!
Edited by whoever - 12/6/13 at 3:10pmpost #7668 of 767212/6/13 at 3:44pmQuote:
I just select "all songs" and shuffle. As stated seem to get no problems through one play through usually, but if I have to turn it off and back on then I start getting repeats every now and again. Also that problem with the same songs playing consecutively? It turns out I had turned off shuffle without realizing.. oops. Still annoying that the shuffle seems to reset after the unit is powered on/off and that you seem to get stuck in a kind of shuffle playlist which you can only change by manually selecting a different song, thus resetting the "shuffle playlist".
Also, how did you find the DX50?
Edited by matthewh133 - 12/6/13 at 3:47pmpost #7669 of 767212/6/13 at 5:44pmDifferent animal. Sound similar but different features. Storage, outputs, gain, USB-OTG vs USB-DAC, size, build, UI, FW, responsiveness, etc... DX represents great value but I still was missing the AK.post #7670 of 767212/7/13 at 5:45amQuote:
I did the test a few days ago. I had MKII's system folder replace mine. It was to no avail. SQ remained the same. If left me wondering how exactly the firmware update identifies MKII.post #7671 of 767212/7/13 at 8:06ampost #7672 of 767212/8/13 at 9:28am
One feature I used to love with iPod and iTunes was you could create random playlists from music saved on PC and transfer to iPod. So if I had 250GB of music on PC, I could create totally random selection of 32GB of songs and then iTunes would copy them onto the iPod. Do you think there is any way to do this with the AK100? Right now I am copying whole albums over using Explorer and I would like to have a more "random" selection.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › V MODA CROSSDADE LP $70 AMAZON.COM TODAY ONLY 1 second ago
- › HT Omega "Claro Halo" Headphone Only soundcard 2 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Pico Unsampling DAC serial# 099 (Black) 2 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 4 minutes ago
- › Reply to some bugs of X3’s new firmware and new function... 4 minutes ago
- › A gearhead trying to get some ound out of his new Fiio E17.... 5 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi