Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 8/23/15 at 6:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- ~Photos by me~ The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 506
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately not and seems iRiver does not care because even my cheap c3 can, what a shame for 600$ DAP
Basic question: when upgrading the firmware, do I need to use the iRiver SW program for your computer? I never installed it, as I merely copy and paste music from my HDD to the AK100 folders.
You do not. Just copy the .hex file to the root directory of AK100, and AK100 will update itself.
Oh, another thing that annoys me. The player doesn't show letters that follow a character that isn't in the normal English language. I.E. I listen to a lot of Icelandic bands and instead of looking like this "Sigur Rós" it just shows up as "Sigur Ró".
Edited by matthewh133 - 11/15/13 at 1:54pm
Same thing with French titles. If there is a letter like é,è,à,î,ï etc, if there is a letter right after, it will not show.
...and this behaviour has been around since the earliest firmware version (I complained about it in my mini-review) and not been fixed in all these updates when far more comlex features have been added... It's also strange that it doesn't just fail to show the character that may be missing from the basic OS font, but somehow also deletes the character following it.
I have the RWAK100, have the exact same problems.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Bass Heavy + all around freq. Studio Monitor Headphones?? 20 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 23 seconds ago
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 43 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 2 minutes ago
- › WTB Gustard H10- 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2