Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/9/15 at 6:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 506
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately not and seems iRiver does not care because even my cheap c3 can, what a shame for 600$ DAP
Basic question: when upgrading the firmware, do I need to use the iRiver SW program for your computer? I never installed it, as I merely copy and paste music from my HDD to the AK100 folders.
You do not. Just copy the .hex file to the root directory of AK100, and AK100 will update itself.
Oh, another thing that annoys me. The player doesn't show letters that follow a character that isn't in the normal English language. I.E. I listen to a lot of Icelandic bands and instead of looking like this "Sigur Rós" it just shows up as "Sigur Ró".
Edited by matthewh133 - 11/15/13 at 1:54pm
Same thing with French titles. If there is a letter like é,è,à,î,ï etc, if there is a letter right after, it will not show.
...and this behaviour has been around since the earliest firmware version (I complained about it in my mini-review) and not been fixed in all these updates when far more comlex features have been added... It's also strange that it doesn't just fail to show the character that may be missing from the basic OS font, but somehow also deletes the character following it.
I have the RWAK100, have the exact same problems.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D5000 - (Basic Mod done by Lawton Audio) 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 5 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › The NEW Cayin C5 portable power house. 6 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2