Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 8/23/15 at 6:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 506
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Unfortunately not and seems iRiver does not care because even my cheap c3 can, what a shame for 600$ DAP
Basic question: when upgrading the firmware, do I need to use the iRiver SW program for your computer? I never installed it, as I merely copy and paste music from my HDD to the AK100 folders.
You do not. Just copy the .hex file to the root directory of AK100, and AK100 will update itself.
Oh, another thing that annoys me. The player doesn't show letters that follow a character that isn't in the normal English language. I.E. I listen to a lot of Icelandic bands and instead of looking like this "Sigur Rós" it just shows up as "Sigur Ró".
Edited by matthewh133 - 11/15/13 at 1:54pm
Same thing with French titles. If there is a letter like é,è,à,î,ï etc, if there is a letter right after, it will not show.
...and this behaviour has been around since the earliest firmware version (I complained about it in my mini-review) and not been fixed in all these updates when far more comlex features have been added... It's also strange that it doesn't just fail to show the character that may be missing from the basic OS font, but somehow also deletes the character following it.
I have the RWAK100, have the exact same problems.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 6 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 16 seconds ago
- › How to equalize your headphones: A Tutorial 1 minute ago
- › So why are so many headphones UNCOMFORTABLE???? 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Gungnir DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by mark2410
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by yfnt
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2