sorry for dumb question and sure this was answered perhaps in this thread many times but... does anyone know if i use SDXC 64G card on AK100 do i have to format this to Fat32 or factory put exFat will be ok?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 493post #7381 of 772810/22/13 at 8:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7382 of 772810/22/13 at 9:42amQuote:
You will have to format them in FAT32. exFAT doesn't work on the AK100. It works on the AK120 though.post #7383 of 772810/22/13 at 10:24amQuote:
If the Android and iOS devices can act as a USB host, then sure, why not? Otherwise, the AK10 is a great alternative.post #7384 of 772810/22/13 at 10:59amImod, thanks
i decided to replace older cards with 64G new ones, esp since to be purchased dx50 has only one card slot but accepts larger sdxc
Edited by Gintaras - 10/22/13 at 11:01ampost #7385 of 772810/22/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
You're welcome Gintaras. That is why iriver does not recommend using 64GB SDXC cards in the AK100. I have used these since I first bought my AK100 and never had any problems.post #7386 of 772810/22/13 at 4:54pmQuote:
Thanks :) Yeah I'm planning on getting the new JH Roxanne or the JH13 Pros so I'm assuming it'll sound killer with those.post #7387 of 772810/22/13 at 7:28pm
My AK100 just arrived, but I've plugged it into the computer via the cable. It says it's charging but the device won't show up in explorer, so I can't put songs on it.. any idea what's up?post #7388 of 772810/22/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
You need to turn them on and select the option to use as Mass media storage. Just turn your AK100 on.post #7389 of 772810/22/13 at 7:38pmpost #7390 of 772810/22/13 at 7:39pmpost #7391 of 772810/22/13 at 11:06pm
Here's a picture I took after it arrived:
Quick question.. say I have an album on there but there's no album art, how do I get the album art to show on the AK100? Where do I place the image file?post #7392 of 772810/23/13 at 12:29amQuote:
But how does it sound with the 4R? I heard the impedance output is a mismatched with the 4R.
You can use media monkey to attach the visual artwork pic to the songs. I think have to be below 100kb and best size would be 500x500 reso.post #7393 of 772810/23/13 at 1:00amQuote:
I have the RWAK100, so that fixes the impedance problems I believe? I have always thought (with my tips) the W4Rs have a bit of a bloated lower mid area, and rolled off highs. This is still present with the RWAK100, but I found that activating the Pro EQ fixes it a lot actually. Very nice. I actually got this mainly to pair with the customs I'm going to order soonpost #7394 of 772810/23/13 at 1:23amQuote:Originally Posted by matthewh133
I have the RWAK100, so that fixes the impedance problems I believe? I have always thought (with my tips) the W4Rs have a bit of a bloated lower mid area, and rolled off highs. This is still present with the RWAK100, but I found that activating the Pro EQ fixes it a lot actually. Very nice. I actually got this mainly to pair with the customs I'm going to order soon
Oh nice. I'm still abit reluctant to spend $300ish to mod mine to RWAK, but I'm leaning towards a similar service in HK that charges around $60 only for similar RWAK mod..
Would be nice if anyone who did that HK mod to give a reviewpost #7395 of 772810/23/13 at 1:59amQuote:
Yeah $300 is a lot. I bought mine off a user here with the mod already. Sorry I'm a bit of a noob, but I downloaded mediamonkey, still can't figure out how to use it to add the album artwork to the AK100? Do you have a tutorial you can link me to or something?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 35 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 49 seconds ago
- › brand new ortofon e-q5 59 seconds ago
- › Help with portable headphone recommendations! 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › What book are you reading right now? 3 minutes ago
- › Bulk buying headphones as a christmas gift 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones with deep bass, but clear mids and highs? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe