sorry for dumb question and sure this was answered perhaps in this thread many times but... does anyone know if i use SDXC 64G card on AK100 do i have to format this to Fat32 or factory put exFat will be ok?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 1/23/14 at 8:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
When my 2 year old DBA02 mkii's lost left channel signal strength, I needed a replacement, pronto. I took note of some good sounding <$100 IEMs from |joker|'s list and headed off to the nearest...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 493post #7381 of 808810/22/13 at 8:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7382 of 808810/22/13 at 9:42amQuote:
You will have to format them in FAT32. exFAT doesn't work on the AK100. It works on the AK120 though.post #7383 of 808810/22/13 at 10:24amQuote:
If the Android and iOS devices can act as a USB host, then sure, why not? Otherwise, the AK10 is a great alternative.post #7384 of 808810/22/13 at 10:59amImod, thanks
i decided to replace older cards with 64G new ones, esp since to be purchased dx50 has only one card slot but accepts larger sdxc
Edited by Gintaras - 10/22/13 at 11:01ampost #7385 of 808810/22/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
You're welcome Gintaras. That is why iriver does not recommend using 64GB SDXC cards in the AK100. I have used these since I first bought my AK100 and never had any problems.post #7386 of 808810/22/13 at 4:54pmQuote:
Thanks :) Yeah I'm planning on getting the new JH Roxanne or the JH13 Pros so I'm assuming it'll sound killer with those.post #7387 of 808810/22/13 at 7:28pm
My AK100 just arrived, but I've plugged it into the computer via the cable. It says it's charging but the device won't show up in explorer, so I can't put songs on it.. any idea what's up?post #7388 of 808810/22/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
You need to turn them on and select the option to use as Mass media storage. Just turn your AK100 on.post #7389 of 808810/22/13 at 7:38pmpost #7390 of 808810/22/13 at 7:39pmpost #7391 of 808810/22/13 at 11:06pm
Here's a picture I took after it arrived:
Quick question.. say I have an album on there but there's no album art, how do I get the album art to show on the AK100? Where do I place the image file?post #7392 of 808810/23/13 at 12:29amQuote:
But how does it sound with the 4R? I heard the impedance output is a mismatched with the 4R.
You can use media monkey to attach the visual artwork pic to the songs. I think have to be below 100kb and best size would be 500x500 reso.post #7393 of 808810/23/13 at 1:00amQuote:
I have the RWAK100, so that fixes the impedance problems I believe? I have always thought (with my tips) the W4Rs have a bit of a bloated lower mid area, and rolled off highs. This is still present with the RWAK100, but I found that activating the Pro EQ fixes it a lot actually. Very nice. I actually got this mainly to pair with the customs I'm going to order soonpost #7394 of 808810/23/13 at 1:23amQuote:Originally Posted by matthewh133
I have the RWAK100, so that fixes the impedance problems I believe? I have always thought (with my tips) the W4Rs have a bit of a bloated lower mid area, and rolled off highs. This is still present with the RWAK100, but I found that activating the Pro EQ fixes it a lot actually. Very nice. I actually got this mainly to pair with the customs I'm going to order soon
Oh nice. I'm still abit reluctant to spend $300ish to mod mine to RWAK, but I'm leaning towards a similar service in HK that charges around $60 only for similar RWAK mod..
Would be nice if anyone who did that HK mod to give a reviewpost #7395 of 808810/23/13 at 1:59amQuote:
Yeah $300 is a lot. I bought mine off a user here with the mod already. Sorry I'm a bit of a noob, but I downloaded mediamonkey, still can't figure out how to use it to add the album artwork to the AK100? Do you have a tutorial you can link me to or something?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 28 seconds ago
- › The Sad State Of The So Called Audiophile DAP Market 35 seconds ago
- › Choosing hd 598, how bad is the sound leak? 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA Shield Design Discussion 1 minute ago
- › soundMAGIC HP100 - QC issues 1 minute ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 2 minutes ago
- › Best Studio Monitors Speakers for $200 or less? 3 minutes ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 3 minutes ago
- › newb on the audiophile in Training circuit- need help, too much old... 3 minutes ago
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude