sorry for dumb question and sure this was answered perhaps in this thread many times but... does anyone know if i use SDXC 64G card on AK100 do i have to format this to Fat32 or factory put exFat will be ok?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 4/4/14 at 4:56am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 493post #7381 of 836110/22/13 at 8:54am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7382 of 836110/22/13 at 9:42amQuote:
You will have to format them in FAT32. exFAT doesn't work on the AK100. It works on the AK120 though.post #7383 of 836110/22/13 at 10:24amQuote:
If the Android and iOS devices can act as a USB host, then sure, why not? Otherwise, the AK10 is a great alternative.post #7384 of 836110/22/13 at 10:59amImod, thanks
i decided to replace older cards with 64G new ones, esp since to be purchased dx50 has only one card slot but accepts larger sdxc
Edited by Gintaras - 10/22/13 at 11:01ampost #7385 of 836110/22/13 at 1:36pmQuote:
You're welcome Gintaras. That is why iriver does not recommend using 64GB SDXC cards in the AK100. I have used these since I first bought my AK100 and never had any problems.post #7386 of 836110/22/13 at 4:54pmQuote:
Thanks :) Yeah I'm planning on getting the new JH Roxanne or the JH13 Pros so I'm assuming it'll sound killer with those.post #7387 of 836110/22/13 at 7:28pm
My AK100 just arrived, but I've plugged it into the computer via the cable. It says it's charging but the device won't show up in explorer, so I can't put songs on it.. any idea what's up?post #7388 of 836110/22/13 at 7:30pmQuote:
You need to turn them on and select the option to use as Mass media storage. Just turn your AK100 on.post #7389 of 836110/22/13 at 7:38pmpost #7390 of 836110/22/13 at 7:39pmpost #7391 of 836110/22/13 at 11:06pm
Here's a picture I took after it arrived:
Quick question.. say I have an album on there but there's no album art, how do I get the album art to show on the AK100? Where do I place the image file?post #7392 of 836110/23/13 at 12:29amQuote:
But how does it sound with the 4R? I heard the impedance output is a mismatched with the 4R.
You can use media monkey to attach the visual artwork pic to the songs. I think have to be below 100kb and best size would be 500x500 reso.post #7393 of 836110/23/13 at 1:00amQuote:
I have the RWAK100, so that fixes the impedance problems I believe? I have always thought (with my tips) the W4Rs have a bit of a bloated lower mid area, and rolled off highs. This is still present with the RWAK100, but I found that activating the Pro EQ fixes it a lot actually. Very nice. I actually got this mainly to pair with the customs I'm going to order soonpost #7394 of 836110/23/13 at 1:23amQuote:Originally Posted by matthewh133
I have the RWAK100, so that fixes the impedance problems I believe? I have always thought (with my tips) the W4Rs have a bit of a bloated lower mid area, and rolled off highs. This is still present with the RWAK100, but I found that activating the Pro EQ fixes it a lot actually. Very nice. I actually got this mainly to pair with the customs I'm going to order soon
Oh nice. I'm still abit reluctant to spend $300ish to mod mine to RWAK, but I'm leaning towards a similar service in HK that charges around $60 only for similar RWAK mod..
Would be nice if anyone who did that HK mod to give a reviewpost #7395 of 836110/23/13 at 1:59amQuote:
Yeah $300 is a lot. I bought mine off a user here with the mod already. Sorry I'm a bit of a noob, but I downloaded mediamonkey, still can't figure out how to use it to add the album artwork to the AK100? Do you have a tutorial you can link me to or something?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Looking for some (very) low budget closed cans for work. 6 seconds ago
- › Recommendations for an IEM to complement my GR07BE? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › V-moda XS? 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Grado PS500 vs Alessandro music series 2 MS2i 3 minutes ago
- › Steelseries Flux In-ear hard to adjust correctly into ear. 3 minutes ago
- › High Quality Bluetooth IEM 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob