Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 480

post #7186 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post
 

 

. I have a stock AK100 and currently love it. I got mine for $500 new, so I have no regrets. 

 

 

+1

post #7187 of 8618

Depends on the IEM that you pair it with. A common pairing would be the W4.

 

I am using that and the StageDiver 3.

post #7188 of 8618

The AKG K3003 would be a good pair for the AK100?

post #7189 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira View Post
 

The AKG K3003 would be a good pair for the AK100?

I liked the pairing with the RWAK100 when I had it but I'm not sure if it would go with the stock player due to the high output impedance of the player and the low impedance of the K3003's.  Never had the stock player to be able to compare.

post #7190 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor Teixeira View Post
 

The AKG K3003 would be a good pair for the AK100?

 

yup. K3003 doesn't seem to be affected by impedance much. Not 100% sure though.

post #7191 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero View Post

Hey guys, been wondering in acquiring these lately but it seems the interest on the stock AK100 have died down.
I can only purchase the stock without any access of upgrading it to RWAK. Now the question is whether this DAP is still be able to be recommended for me seeing thatI usually use an earbud but not closing a chance to try an IEM in the future(although very slim chance since I usually get irritated with how IEMs inserts in your ears deeply). I've heard the Ibasso DX50 is better with IEMs but the size of it won't be suitable to my needs although not out of context totally.

I can get this for about $550-$600 new and one of the factors for me is size and I try to avoid any stacking with amps, simply put I just want to plug in to the DAP.

All inputs are welcome, thanks guys.

If there's no chance of adding an amp or modding then it just means choosing your future IEMs and headphones carefully by sticking with higher impedance phones and IEMs with flat impedance curves.

The X3 might be a more versatìle alternative, but it doesn't match the AK100's sound or build quality.
post #7192 of 8618

Go with the DX50, it's no bigger than an iPod Video...how small are you looking for? I have a DX100, RWAK100, and a DX50. All three are great DAP's.

 

Steve from NYC

post #7193 of 8618
Just curious, as of the latest firmware, what are the Bluetooth capabilities of this device?
post #7194 of 8618
Not to post off topic but has anyone found any great screen protectors for the AK100? I bought mine second hand and only has the protector that came with it. The protector has some scratches and I was thinking of replacing it but can't seem to find any online in the US.
post #7195 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewrx1025 View Post

Not to post off topic but has anyone found any great screen protectors for the AK100? I bought mine second hand and only has the protector that came with it. The protector has some scratches and I was thinking of replacing it but can't seem to find any online in the US.
If all else fails you could cut down a phone one.
If you were nearby you could jus have mine, alas I am in australia
post #7196 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyd4 View Post

If all else fails you could cut down a phone one.
If you were nearby you could jus have mine, alas I am in australia
Thanks but I'm in the US. But the phone protector idea might work. I can't believe I didn't think of that lol.
post #7197 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewrx1025 View Post


Thanks but I'm in the US. But the phone protector idea might work. I can't believe I didn't think of that lol.

 

Didn't AK100 come with screen protectors? I still have the film that was on the AK100 when I got them.

post #7198 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

Didn't AK100 come with screen protectors? I still have the film that was on the AK100 when I got them.
Pretty sure it comes with 2 of them. But getting mine second hand I only got what was on the player.
post #7199 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewrx1025 View Post


Pretty sure it comes with 2 of them. But getting mine second hand I only got what was on the player.

 

OK. I see. Korean websites sell many of them, but IDK where you might be able to get one in the States.

post #7200 of 8618
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewrx1025 View Post


Pretty sure it comes with 2 of them. But getting mine second hand I only got what was on the player.

 

Nope.  It comes only with 1 for the front and 1 for the back.  Both are already applied onto the front/back of the unit and all the owner need to do is to peel off the upper film layer of the protectors.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP