Is it worth the upgrade from listrid 2.0? My main concern is the sound quality
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 4/4/14 at 4:56am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 451
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6752 of 83607/25/13 at 8:17am
Just upgraded from 2.01 to 2.10 on my RWAK100 and instantly didn't like the change in sound that I heard when paired with IE800's (didn't try other pairings yet). Highs seemed overly emphasized? Just initial impressions though - I'd like to play around with it some more when I get the time.post #6753 of 83607/25/13 at 8:20ampost #6754 of 83607/25/13 at 9:59ampost #6755 of 83607/25/13 at 10:21amQuote:
I think I was a little hasty in my initial evaluation - my apologies. The IE800's can be a little hot in the treble to begin with and the tracks that I listened to are exceptionally bright. After listening for a while to a variety of tracks I think I have to agree with you that the sound seems consistent with the previous release.
post #6756 of 83607/25/13 at 10:27ampost #6757 of 83607/25/13 at 12:03pm
Here's a mirror for the 2.10 FW: www.dropbox.com/sh/abotns4zk6e8ghk/JndKxid0rS
Sorry guys for the inconvenience. Our team is trying to nail down the download issue. Please bear with us but in the meantime, please download 2.10 from the Dropbox mirror instead if you are having troubles downloading from the iriverinc and iriver.com download portals.post #6758 of 83607/25/13 at 12:43pmpost #6759 of 83607/25/13 at 3:56pmpost #6760 of 83607/25/13 at 7:46pmpost #6761 of 83607/25/13 at 8:40pmpost #6762 of 83607/25/13 at 9:02pm
Just got my RWAK100 AND my DX100 back from China today...
The DX sounds as great as before but this RWAK100 is ass kicking as well. I've been using my HD650's, modded Grado v4 Magnums, and Heir 4Ai's so far today...
Without a doubt the Grado's sound the best...but when using them...the whole world hears what I'm listening to...so no good for airline use...lol.
I put Listrid's patch on basically just for the ProEQ which does make a difference. Not as "airy" as the DX100 but definitely a darker...very tight sound experience.
Main songs tested with:
Pink Floyd: DSOTM, The Wall
Ozzy Osbourne: Diary of a Madman, et al.
Disturbed: et al
Rush: AMAZING sounding, et al
Beethoven, Bach, etc...AMAZING
Oh...I also tried an experiment that worked GREAT...
I took my microSD slot extender used for the DX100 along with a 120GB card and put it into the RWAK100 and it worked!
So I have the internal memory, 32GB microSD card in one slot, and a full 120GB in the other slot. It's difficult to fit the unit into the Dignis case..but it works!
Edited by icefalkon - 7/25/13 at 9:10pmpost #6763 of 83607/26/13 at 12:30pm
how in the world do i update this thing !?!?!? lol I put the Hex file in the system folder but nothing happened ??? on boot up it says its still on 1.30 not 2.10 ??? IS THE SYSTEM folder the root folder ? how do i find the root folder ?? thanks guyspost #6764 of 83607/26/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nukeshock
how in the world do i update this thing !?!?!? lol I put the Hex file in the system folder but nothing happened ??? on boot up it says its still on 1.30 not 2.10 ??? IS THE SYSTEM folder the root folder ? how do i find the root folder ?? thanks guys
here have some AK100 rig pics LOL
Out of curiosity, which iems are those?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › Which Headphone is next on your "To Buy" list? 48 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 57 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 1 minute ago
- › Furman Elite-15 PF power conditioner 1 minute ago
- › my T5p+cash for your TH900 or W3000ANV 1 minute ago
- › Need DAC Advice 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 2 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › [SOLD] Tralucent ORIGINAL 1Plus2 (Version 1) with 5N OCC SPC Custom... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob