Is it worth the upgrade from listrid 2.0? My main concern is the sound quality
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/11/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/11/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/30/13 at 12:00pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Coming from Tascam US-144 to Audio GD .. Here is the story. A few years ago I discovered the magic world of listening to headphones. The reason for that is the ease of computer hifi. I...
I will first start by declaring that I'm no audiophile, and that this is just a review coming from an average consumer. I know a lot of you will facepalm by my review, but I will post it...
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 451
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6752 of 76787/25/13 at 8:17am
Just upgraded from 2.01 to 2.10 on my RWAK100 and instantly didn't like the change in sound that I heard when paired with IE800's (didn't try other pairings yet). Highs seemed overly emphasized? Just initial impressions though - I'd like to play around with it some more when I get the time.post #6753 of 76787/25/13 at 8:20ampost #6754 of 76787/25/13 at 9:59ampost #6755 of 76787/25/13 at 10:21amQuote:
I think I was a little hasty in my initial evaluation - my apologies. The IE800's can be a little hot in the treble to begin with and the tracks that I listened to are exceptionally bright. After listening for a while to a variety of tracks I think I have to agree with you that the sound seems consistent with the previous release.
post #6756 of 76787/25/13 at 10:27ampost #6757 of 76787/25/13 at 12:03pm
Here's a mirror for the 2.10 FW: www.dropbox.com/sh/abotns4zk6e8ghk/JndKxid0rS
Sorry guys for the inconvenience. Our team is trying to nail down the download issue. Please bear with us but in the meantime, please download 2.10 from the Dropbox mirror instead if you are having troubles downloading from the iriverinc and iriver.com download portals.post #6758 of 76787/25/13 at 12:43pmpost #6759 of 76787/25/13 at 3:56pmpost #6760 of 76787/25/13 at 7:46pmpost #6761 of 76787/25/13 at 8:40pmpost #6762 of 76787/25/13 at 9:02pm
Just got my RWAK100 AND my DX100 back from China today...
The DX sounds as great as before but this RWAK100 is ass kicking as well. I've been using my HD650's, modded Grado v4 Magnums, and Heir 4Ai's so far today...
Without a doubt the Grado's sound the best...but when using them...the whole world hears what I'm listening to...so no good for airline use...lol.
I put Listrid's patch on basically just for the ProEQ which does make a difference. Not as "airy" as the DX100 but definitely a darker...very tight sound experience.
Main songs tested with:
Pink Floyd: DSOTM, The Wall
Ozzy Osbourne: Diary of a Madman, et al.
Disturbed: et al
Rush: AMAZING sounding, et al
Beethoven, Bach, etc...AMAZING
Oh...I also tried an experiment that worked GREAT...
I took my microSD slot extender used for the DX100 along with a 120GB card and put it into the RWAK100 and it worked!
So I have the internal memory, 32GB microSD card in one slot, and a full 120GB in the other slot. It's difficult to fit the unit into the Dignis case..but it works!
Edited by icefalkon - 7/25/13 at 9:10pmpost #6763 of 76787/26/13 at 12:30pm
how in the world do i update this thing !?!?!? lol I put the Hex file in the system folder but nothing happened ??? on boot up it says its still on 1.30 not 2.10 ??? IS THE SYSTEM folder the root folder ? how do i find the root folder ?? thanks guyspost #6764 of 76787/26/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nukeshock
how in the world do i update this thing !?!?!? lol I put the Hex file in the system folder but nothing happened ??? on boot up it says its still on 1.30 not 2.10 ??? IS THE SYSTEM folder the root folder ? how do i find the root folder ?? thanks guys
here have some AK100 rig pics LOL
Out of curiosity, which iems are those?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › post your grado mods.... 23 seconds ago
- › For sale Sunfire CRM2 bookshelf speakers, small in size big on sound! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 2 minutes ago
- › 【Brand new for sale】 FOSTEX TH900 (price include EU postage) 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Help my wife decide my Christmas Gift!!! 4 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi