Is it worth the upgrade from listrid 2.0? My main concern is the sound quality
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on Yesterday at 4:50 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 451
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6752 of 81027/25/13 at 8:17am
Just upgraded from 2.01 to 2.10 on my RWAK100 and instantly didn't like the change in sound that I heard when paired with IE800's (didn't try other pairings yet). Highs seemed overly emphasized? Just initial impressions though - I'd like to play around with it some more when I get the time.post #6753 of 81027/25/13 at 8:20ampost #6754 of 81027/25/13 at 9:59ampost #6755 of 81027/25/13 at 10:21amQuote:
I think I was a little hasty in my initial evaluation - my apologies. The IE800's can be a little hot in the treble to begin with and the tracks that I listened to are exceptionally bright. After listening for a while to a variety of tracks I think I have to agree with you that the sound seems consistent with the previous release.
post #6756 of 81027/25/13 at 10:27ampost #6757 of 81027/25/13 at 12:03pm
Here's a mirror for the 2.10 FW: www.dropbox.com/sh/abotns4zk6e8ghk/JndKxid0rS
Sorry guys for the inconvenience. Our team is trying to nail down the download issue. Please bear with us but in the meantime, please download 2.10 from the Dropbox mirror instead if you are having troubles downloading from the iriverinc and iriver.com download portals.post #6758 of 81027/25/13 at 12:43pmpost #6759 of 81027/25/13 at 3:56pmpost #6760 of 81027/25/13 at 7:46pmpost #6761 of 81027/25/13 at 8:40pmpost #6762 of 81027/25/13 at 9:02pm
Just got my RWAK100 AND my DX100 back from China today...
The DX sounds as great as before but this RWAK100 is ass kicking as well. I've been using my HD650's, modded Grado v4 Magnums, and Heir 4Ai's so far today...
Without a doubt the Grado's sound the best...but when using them...the whole world hears what I'm listening to...so no good for airline use...lol.
I put Listrid's patch on basically just for the ProEQ which does make a difference. Not as "airy" as the DX100 but definitely a darker...very tight sound experience.
Main songs tested with:
Pink Floyd: DSOTM, The Wall
Ozzy Osbourne: Diary of a Madman, et al.
Disturbed: et al
Rush: AMAZING sounding, et al
Beethoven, Bach, etc...AMAZING
Oh...I also tried an experiment that worked GREAT...
I took my microSD slot extender used for the DX100 along with a 120GB card and put it into the RWAK100 and it worked!
So I have the internal memory, 32GB microSD card in one slot, and a full 120GB in the other slot. It's difficult to fit the unit into the Dignis case..but it works!
Edited by icefalkon - 7/25/13 at 9:10pmpost #6763 of 81027/26/13 at 12:30pm
how in the world do i update this thing !?!?!? lol I put the Hex file in the system folder but nothing happened ??? on boot up it says its still on 1.30 not 2.10 ??? IS THE SYSTEM folder the root folder ? how do i find the root folder ?? thanks guyspost #6764 of 81027/26/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Nukeshock
how in the world do i update this thing !?!?!? lol I put the Hex file in the system folder but nothing happened ??? on boot up it says its still on 1.30 not 2.10 ??? IS THE SYSTEM folder the root folder ? how do i find the root folder ?? thanks guys
here have some AK100 rig pics LOL
Out of curiosity, which iems are those?
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › IC: Melbourne Meet 9 seconds ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 10 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 13 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 37 seconds ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 53 seconds ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 2 minutes ago
- › How to find a low priced Chinese version of any super expensive DAC? 4 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude