Hi there, I'm looking for overkill DAC (maybe with amp) for AK100 - what's the best one? RWAK-s mod is not the my way because I'm going to use DAC (amp) only in my office.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 1/23/14 at 8:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 447post #6691 of 80847/19/13 at 8:47am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6692 of 80847/19/13 at 9:07amQuote:
The Pico amp/DAC is a good contender. They also sell a DAC only version. It would be nice if iRiver would enable DAC functionality on the AK100.
Edited by musicheaven - 7/19/13 at 9:11ampost #6693 of 80847/19/13 at 9:17ampost #6694 of 80847/19/13 at 9:27amQuote:
Pico DAC doesn't have any SPDIF inputs so it can't be connected to the AK100. http://www.headamp.com/pico/pico_dac_amp/index.htmpost #6695 of 80847/19/13 at 9:28amQuote:
It's very simple: I'm going to use it like transport only in my office. For sport and walking it will be w/o dac/amp.post #6696 of 80847/19/13 at 10:19amQuote:
Lol. Why do we buy iems?post #6697 of 80847/19/13 at 10:36amQuote:Originally Posted by IronLung
Pico DAC doesn't have any SPDIF inputs so it can't be connected to the AK100. http://www.headamp.com/pico/pico_dac_amp/index.htm
Good point somehow I was just thinking about connecting the dac to a USB port and not the AK100. Then what kind of DAC can you connect to the AK100?post #6698 of 80847/19/13 at 10:59ampost #6699 of 80847/19/13 at 11:08amQuote:Originally Posted by IronLung
Only with optical in.
Like this one http://mycroft.su/en/catalog/cifroanalogovye_preobrazovateli/myst_portadac_1866ocub
Thanks makes sense. Am I reading right, 1000$ for this unit?post #6700 of 80847/19/13 at 11:26ampost #6701 of 80847/20/13 at 4:40ampost #6702 of 80847/20/13 at 4:47ampost #6703 of 80847/20/13 at 5:10amQuote:
Keep an eye on the CEntrance HiFi-M8 LX. It'll use the AK100 as a transport. But its not quite out yet, as they are just starting to fill pre-orders currently.post #6704 of 80847/20/13 at 8:21pmpost #6705 of 80847/20/13 at 9:42pmQuote:
I am also waiting for the firmware "patiently"....when will it be released? No announcements, no news no nothing of it... Always keeping us in suspense
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Band Name Game II 3 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 29 seconds ago
- › monoprice 9927 earphone any good? 1 minute ago
- › Will the Fiio E18 portable AMP make my S4 really loud? 2 minutes ago
- › Neutron vs Poweramp 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 vs. Shure SE846: Which one is superior in terms... 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › External DAC instead of sound card? 3 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for asus xonar essense STX? 3 minutes ago
- › Best settings for the Xonar STX? 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude