I am curious how new RSA Lightning would pair with RWAK100-S. The smallest balanced gear? Probably. I am so interested to learn more about this matching.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Packaging and build: The packaging is minimal and exquisitely so. The extra tips filters and manual are behind the felt coated foam holding the earphones. As I gingerly dislodged them from the...
a-JAYS Five Quick Review Thanks to JAYS for the sample. Full review at http://www.head-fi.org/t/695893/jays-a-jays-five-review Brief: JAYS notice that there are phones not made by...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 446post #6676 of 77287/18/13 at 8:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6677 of 77287/18/13 at 9:02ampost #6678 of 77287/18/13 at 9:04amQuote:
I'm using a RSA Predator (Gold) at the moment. I'm tempted to get the lightning now that i see it's the smallest ^^post #6679 of 77287/18/13 at 9:06amQuote:
It's a full balanced amp, input and output. So how do you plan to hook it up?
Unless I am terribly wrong isn't the line out single ended?
Edited by musicheaven - 7/18/13 at 9:24ampost #6680 of 77287/18/13 at 10:05ampost #6681 of 77287/18/13 at 10:14amQuote:
It has a SE input but only balanced output. It converts SE signal to balanced.post #6682 of 77287/18/13 at 10:22amQuote:
If you are talking about the amp Ray's site says it has balanced input and output, no single ended input and he also mentioned to not use an SE input split it in a balance connector and fed to the amp, it will destroy it.
The intruder has both SE and balanced inputs plus both outputs as well.post #6683 of 77287/18/13 at 10:46ampost #6684 of 77287/18/13 at 10:56ampost #6685 of 77287/18/13 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
My ak100 stage 2 with official was quite far from ak120 IMO, too thin sounding. Listrid allowed to bring it closer to ak120, with fuller sound. So that is why I say try to pay less. A modded Ak100 with Listrid is worth 800 or so, and the ak120 is worth 200 to 300 more but not 500.
One of the reasons I asked is 'cos at the Fujiya event on Monday, they had a few AK120s going for approx $1000 and I was seriously contemplating on whether to pick one up or not as I had been rather happy with my HM-901 & RWAK100+Listrid (despite my RWAK100 looking like it had gone through WW2 ;-)). So in the end I actually did let it go but was just wondering if I should have.post #6686 of 77287/18/13 at 3:22pmpost #6687 of 77287/18/13 at 3:44pmQuote:
If Akhyar doesn't manage to convince his missus, then I think he'll be the one needing a knob protectorpost #6688 of 77287/18/13 at 3:47pmpost #6689 of 77287/18/13 at 7:09pmpost #6690 of 77287/18/13 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
One of the reasons I asked is 'cos at the Fujiya event on Monday, they had a few AK120s going for approx $1000 and I was seriously contemplating on whether to pick one up or not as I had been rather happy with my HM-901 & RWAK100+Listrid (despite my RWAK100 looking like it had gone through WW2 ;-)). So in the end I actually did let it go but was just wondering if I should have.
At this price, which is what I paid for it, it is worth it. Less so at 1300 USD, and not at all at 1300 euros IMO. But the problem is then you would take quite a loss on the RWAK as it is in a ****ty state...
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 16th 2013 and feature poll... 20 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 58 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 3 minutes ago
- › Post pics of your builds.... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 3 minutes ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T70 - Need to replace right driver - Any suggestions? 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › JVC HAS160B FLATS Lightweight Headband Headphones (Black) by Lokip000
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by Xstream
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by Beethoven Lover
- › Astell&Kern AKR01 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by wolfetan44
- › Heir Audio 5.0 by surge
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe