I am curious how new RSA Lightning would pair with RWAK100-S. The smallest balanced gear? Probably. I am so interested to learn more about this matching.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 3/11/14 at 4:50pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I must admit It's been quite the journey with the company T-PEOS since I tried their H-100 going way back to October - 2012. Since then I've heard most of T-PEOS mid tier line up including H-200...
This card is really great if you're looking to power higher impedance cans at a bargain price. Another really great thing about this is that it's microphone input is vastly superior to that of most...
I've used most of the old-school brands (Grado, AKG, Sennheiser, Sony, Koss, David Clark, ...) and have tried several of the Jonny-come-latelys, and the HD700s are simply the best for comfort and...
Headphone: LCD-2 rev2 Comparition amp: Schitt Asgard v1 I can't tell how much i love my new Schiit amp - the Mjolnir. However, i remember the mids on my LCD-2 had been more thick and blooming...
I bought this in 2012-06, when my Brainwavz M2 broke. It was given a Sonic Diamond by ClieOS for the pre-order price and 4.2 / 5 for the sound quality, so I expected quite a bit. Unfortunately,...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 446post #6676 of 81197/18/13 at 8:57am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6677 of 81197/18/13 at 9:02ampost #6678 of 81197/18/13 at 9:04amQuote:
I'm using a RSA Predator (Gold) at the moment. I'm tempted to get the lightning now that i see it's the smallest ^^post #6679 of 81197/18/13 at 9:06amQuote:
It's a full balanced amp, input and output. So how do you plan to hook it up?
Unless I am terribly wrong isn't the line out single ended?
Edited by musicheaven - 7/18/13 at 9:24ampost #6680 of 81197/18/13 at 10:05ampost #6681 of 81197/18/13 at 10:14amQuote:
It has a SE input but only balanced output. It converts SE signal to balanced.post #6682 of 81197/18/13 at 10:22amQuote:
If you are talking about the amp Ray's site says it has balanced input and output, no single ended input and he also mentioned to not use an SE input split it in a balance connector and fed to the amp, it will destroy it.
The intruder has both SE and balanced inputs plus both outputs as well.post #6683 of 81197/18/13 at 10:46ampost #6684 of 81197/18/13 at 10:56ampost #6685 of 81197/18/13 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mimouille
My ak100 stage 2 with official was quite far from ak120 IMO, too thin sounding. Listrid allowed to bring it closer to ak120, with fuller sound. So that is why I say try to pay less. A modded Ak100 with Listrid is worth 800 or so, and the ak120 is worth 200 to 300 more but not 500.
One of the reasons I asked is 'cos at the Fujiya event on Monday, they had a few AK120s going for approx $1000 and I was seriously contemplating on whether to pick one up or not as I had been rather happy with my HM-901 & RWAK100+Listrid (despite my RWAK100 looking like it had gone through WW2 ;-)). So in the end I actually did let it go but was just wondering if I should have.post #6686 of 81197/18/13 at 3:22pmpost #6687 of 81197/18/13 at 3:44pmQuote:
If Akhyar doesn't manage to convince his missus, then I think he'll be the one needing a knob protectorpost #6688 of 81197/18/13 at 3:47pmpost #6689 of 81197/18/13 at 7:09pmpost #6690 of 81197/18/13 at 11:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by AnakChan
One of the reasons I asked is 'cos at the Fujiya event on Monday, they had a few AK120s going for approx $1000 and I was seriously contemplating on whether to pick one up or not as I had been rather happy with my HM-901 & RWAK100+Listrid (despite my RWAK100 looking like it had gone through WW2 ;-)). So in the end I actually did let it go but was just wondering if I should have.
At this price, which is what I paid for it, it is worth it. Less so at 1300 USD, and not at all at 1300 euros IMO. But the problem is then you would take quite a loss on the RWAK as it is in a ****ty state...
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 26 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 26 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 28 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - HiFiman visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. FW:1.084! pg. 1 58 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Portable, closed over-/on-ear phones for mostly metal? 2 minutes ago
- › [TOUR] T-PEOS H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid - Australian Tour Thread -... 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Dsavitsk/Beezar Torpedo Build Thread 2 minutes ago
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by stpope
- › Schiit Mjolnir by tamleo
- › Brainwavz M4 In-Ear Headphones by Kadano
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by KT66
- › Noontec ZOROHDBLK ZORO HD True Sound Headphones with Inline Mic and... by BillsonChang007
- › Hisoundaudio BA100 by Jazmanaut
- › Beats Studio Wireless Over-Ear Headphone by gl0ry
- › AKG K619 Premium DJ Headphones with Mic (Black) by jonnablaze
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude