- 40 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 431
Gear mentioned in this thread:
iems? W4. I sold my SE535 about a month ago because I couldn't bear the muffle sound. W4 is very clear and has better bass and treble extension than SE535. It also matches really well with AK100.
Since I'm going to use UERM and UERM hates resistance, I think I will just skip the 3ohm. Thanks for your heads up!
Thanks for the rec....I presume you mean westone 4....I owned westones in the past so I am a little concerned about the build quality...any comments?
Beta 2.0 is better, somehow 2.01 sounds less to me, perhaps placebo effect?
W4 built is solid, cos I am a clumsy person and they r still working perfect
If build is a major concern, why not go for the R version? W4R has a removable cable, so god forbid, you break the cable, you can easily replace it.
+1. It would be better to add impedance than to change a cable. Sorry to all cable believers, but I honestly don't think cables makes a huge difference.
You've never experienced it for yourself that's why ;).
+1 for the Westone 4Rs. In fact these sound absolutely outstanding with my RWAK100. But if your AK100 is non-mod, I'd suggest you consider the Westone UM3X RC. The RW has a bit more bass volume apparently. So the stronger bass of the UM3X will likely be a bit more musical and fun sounding. I have both and a set of 535 Ltd Ed and either Westone is streets ahead of the Shures.
Also +1 on the 4r, never quite understand the popularity of shure 535 expect for the fact they are easily the most consumer accessible "hi-end' IEM on the market. I have tried it multiple times at shops or with friends and never liked it.
I used to go with silver plated copper cables with my 4r running straight out of my iphone4, provide the best balance in clarity, ample bass, sweet mids, and better treble. With the AK100 I actually like the stock cable better as it sound fuller and have better bass impact.
I guess you might be right. I've only tried $100 iem cables. Never went as far as buying a $300 cable. But to me, the $100 I spent on a cable wasn't worth it.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 41 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 41 seconds ago
- › what is electricity. what is that 'stuff' flowing through all our... 55 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Have I been lied to my whole life? 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2