- 40 Posts. Joined 7/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/16/14 at 12:34pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 10/23/14 at 7:52am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I only read about them. I never tried them on. I never heard them. That's not something one normally does when parting with several hundred dollars or more for headphones. But, what I had read...
Want to preface this by presenting this picture, I'm not a TROLL or a A-Hole, I just like to mock the fu** out of headphones I dislike. This time its time for the "Fehlerhaft...
So I have essentially re-p[purchased a pair of K702s, in as much as I previously owned and sold a pair of K701s I had got rid of the K701s because I just wasn't using them much, due to the fact...
In two words, hugely disappointing. I was looking for an open-back 'phone to use as an alternative to my AKG 550s and having owned Sennheiser HD 600s and AKG K701s previously, I thought I give...
Thinksound is a company that’s focussed on sustainable and environmentally conscious headphones. In fact, they even offer a recycling program for headphones with a bonus if you recycle their...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 431
Gear mentioned in this thread:
iems? W4. I sold my SE535 about a month ago because I couldn't bear the muffle sound. W4 is very clear and has better bass and treble extension than SE535. It also matches really well with AK100.
Since I'm going to use UERM and UERM hates resistance, I think I will just skip the 3ohm. Thanks for your heads up!
Thanks for the rec....I presume you mean westone 4....I owned westones in the past so I am a little concerned about the build quality...any comments?
Beta 2.0 is better, somehow 2.01 sounds less to me, perhaps placebo effect?
W4 built is solid, cos I am a clumsy person and they r still working perfect
If build is a major concern, why not go for the R version? W4R has a removable cable, so god forbid, you break the cable, you can easily replace it.
+1. It would be better to add impedance than to change a cable. Sorry to all cable believers, but I honestly don't think cables makes a huge difference.
You've never experienced it for yourself that's why ;).
+1 for the Westone 4Rs. In fact these sound absolutely outstanding with my RWAK100. But if your AK100 is non-mod, I'd suggest you consider the Westone UM3X RC. The RW has a bit more bass volume apparently. So the stronger bass of the UM3X will likely be a bit more musical and fun sounding. I have both and a set of 535 Ltd Ed and either Westone is streets ahead of the Shures.
Also +1 on the 4r, never quite understand the popularity of shure 535 expect for the fact they are easily the most consumer accessible "hi-end' IEM on the market. I have tried it multiple times at shops or with friends and never liked it.
I used to go with silver plated copper cables with my 4r running straight out of my iphone4, provide the best balance in clarity, ample bass, sweet mids, and better treble. With the AK100 I actually like the stock cable better as it sound fuller and have better bass impact.
I guess you might be right. I've only tried $100 iem cables. Never went as far as buying a $300 cable. But to me, the $100 I spent on a cable wasn't worth it.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 second ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 3 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? ( updated on 7/11/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › IC – MrSpeakers Mad Dog Pro w/ 1/4" "Alpha Dog" Cable & Accessories 4 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood (NEW ZMF FLAGSHIP!!!) Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 6 minutes ago
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by twelvebears
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Loquah
- › Brainwavz AP001 Portable Headphone Amplifier by earfonia
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by CasperBxl
- › DITA Audio The Answer by twister6
- › Questyle CMA800i - integrated DAC, headphone amp, and preamp by project86
- › InEar StageDiver SD-3 by Krisman
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)