My apologies if this issue has already been clarified/resolved, but could someone give brief impressions and/or pros/cons of Listrid 2.0 versus iRiver 2.01? I am currently running an unmodded AK100 through an ALO International into a pair of FitEar TG334s through ALO SXC 24 cables with a mini-balanced connection. Current FW is 1.33.
Listrid vs Stock: When using listrid:
1. Bass improves like crazy. Very quick and aggressive.
2. Mid/High become kind of laid back.
3. Imaging and soundstage messes up.
4. UI is about the same, but listrid is slightly faster.
5. Listrid doesn't have the option of turn the volume boost on/off.
Apparently, many people like the sound of Listrid. Personally, I didn't like them. My setup was AK100-Leckerton UHA-6S.MKII-UERM. UERM is meant to be used with a flat source, and Listrid changed the flat signature of AK100. As Rudi mentioned, it could be a synergy issue, so I say try both the stock and listrid to see what you like better.