Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 413

post #6181 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post

 

Good luck :D

 

what do you mean? i now want S mod :-( and then perhaps Vorzuge or Intruder amp :-(((

post #6182 of 8360

Sorry for repeating the question, but has anybody noticed the difference b/w AK100 playing music and AK100 hooked up to USB for charging and playing music?

I think some battery/power tweak and mods might be possible...

post #6183 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

what do you mean? i now want S mod :-( and then perhaps Vorzuge or Intruder amp :-(((

 

You can spend whatever you want on those. I'll offer a buck ten to take them off you after ;)

 

I'm just messing with you mate. 

post #6184 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqtaket View Post

Sorry for repeating the question, but has anybody noticed the difference b/w AK100 playing music and AK100 hooked up to USB for charging and playing music?

I think some battery/power tweak and mods might be possible...

 

Is this deja vu or have you or someone else asked the exact same question before? biggrin.gif

post #6185 of 8360

devil_face.gifwink_face.gif

post #6186 of 8360

Was using 2.01 on my RWAK100, but decided to try Listrid 2.0. Songs feel alot more powerful and punchy. Loving it :)

post #6187 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post

 

Is this deja vu or have you or someone else asked the exact same question before? biggrin.gif


I asked this question several pages before:)

post #6188 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqtaket View Post

Sorry for repeating the question, but has anybody noticed the difference b/w AK100 playing music and AK100 hooked up to USB for charging and playing music?

I think some battery/power tweak and mods might be possible...

 

It will be better. Noticeable.
Low frequencies are more and more rapidly, the dynamics are well.
It is clearly seen when connected, for example Denon 7100

Edited by wladrus - 6/29/13 at 12:30am
post #6189 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenz View Post

 

Is this deja vu or have you or someone else asked the exact same question before? biggrin.gif

 

Cravenz, perhaps they? ...

 

There ain't nobody here but us chickens

There ain't nobody here at all

So calm yourself and stop that fuss

There ain't nobody here but us

 

tongue.gif

 


Edited by Gintaras - 6/29/13 at 1:49am
post #6190 of 8360

Can someone send me a Listrid 2.0 Firmware? Thanks in advance.

post #6191 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by agatong29 View Post

Can someone send me a Listrid 2.0 Firmware? Thanks in advance.

 

PMd  biggrin.gif

post #6192 of 8360

I had a chance to check out the X3 today. For the price it is a great player. UI is snappy and easy to operate, but overall the player's not even close to the RWAK100 IMHO. It's probably better than the unmodified AK100 for anyone wanting to drive low impedance IEMs, but if you're amping or using high impedance cans, I don't think the X3 can compare.

 

There are 2 things which really stuck out when using the X3 vs (RW)AK100

 

  1. Build quality is significantly poorer on X3 - it feels a bit tinny and plastic
  2. Sound is darker and a bit muddy - not as many layers of detail as with the AK100

 

It would be a no brainer if you're on a limited budget - the X3 is brilliant for it's price, but I was pleased to feel like I had made the right choice with the RWAK100. No looking back from here! beyersmile.png

post #6193 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post
 

 

Gintaras meet Loquah.

 

Loquah meet Gintaras.

 

Gintaras is looking for an AK100.

 

Loquah has an AK100 for sale.

 

biggrin.gif

post #6194 of 8360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

I had a chance to check out the X3 today. For the price it is a great player. UI is snappy and easy to operate, but overall the player's not even close to the RWAK100 IMHO. It's probably better than the unmodified AK100 for anyone wanting to drive low impedance IEMs, but if you're amping or using high impedance cans, I don't think the X3 can compare.

 

There are 2 things which really stuck out when using the X3 vs (RW)AK100

 

  1. Build quality is significantly poorer on X3 - it feels a bit tinny and plastic
  2. Sound is darker and a bit muddy - not as many layers of detail as with the AK100

 

It would be a no brainer if you're on a limited budget - the X3 is brilliant for it's price, but I was pleased to feel like I had made the right choice with the RWAK100. No looking back from here! beyersmile.png

 

what about X3 compared to Colorfly C3?

post #6195 of 8360

I didn't have a C3 to test unfortunately. That would have been interesting!

 

And yes, I have an AK100 for sale for $550. See my sig.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP