- 3,085 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/9/15 at 6:51am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
At first, I'm very thankful to FiiO for giving chance to use and review this great portable music player. I'm owner of the FiiO X3 1st, E3, E7 and E9, so I know how FiiO made great DAPs and...
Too lazy to write the full review yet LOL. Just posting this out first :)
This is my first audiophile grade headphone and I truly believe that this is a brilliant introduction to how awesome music can sound! I live is South Africa, a country that is renowned for...
When i bough these i had no id'ea how they would sound. I read some reviews but it is a iem that was flying under the radar and kind of hide in the shadow of the BA200 which is TDK's flagship (...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 410
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You are exactly correct.
Looks like the correct firmware has been uploaded to our US and global servers earlier than I expected.
Download v2.01 of the firmware at our website: http://www.iriverinc.com/lounge/loungeView.asp?selectPart=&findWord=&sno=1076&page=1&cateCode=
So If i upgraded using the v2.01 Japanese firmware from yesterday - i don't need to update again? Or has the Japanese version also been updated?
And is it still called v2.01 or is the minor release number changing . e.g. v2.02?
My understanding is that the 64Gb cards still need to be formatted to FAT32 to work with the AK100.
I upgraded to 2.01 FW yesterday and everything is working fine with my AK and FAT32 formatted cards.
i had not 2.01 but 2.0 Beta... experienced accidental powering off twice but after reset and rescan the issue was gone.
then i upgraded to Listrid 2.0 FW and i found this to be darn stable, love this... but for sound quality my RWAK likes 2.0 Beta, this is perhaps what makes AK and RWAK differ on this since many AK users tell the opposite. yes, funny is RWAK likes Iriver original Beta version more which is designed for non-moded AKs while non-moded AKs prefer Listrid..., poor Iriver. ROFL
i still have to do more audition but the first experience i had tells me that Listrid 2.0 is very smooth working and great sounding FW.
so i would recommend Listrid 2.0 without slightest hesitation.
Edited by Gintaras - 6/28/13 at 5:19am
The lesson I learned is stick with whatever work and don't try to fix sth that ain't broken.... will only update if the new version has specific fixes/enhancement I need.
The consensus among Korean AK users is that Official 2.01 sounds better than Beta 2.0, Listrid 2.0 and Listrid 1.0: more balanced sound and fuller mid range. Since you can readily reinstall Listrid 2.0, I think you should give Official 2.01 a try. Korean users especially love the Boost sound -- much clearer sound without raising background noise. It is vastly different from Beta 2.0. It is much more stable and faster as well.
I have changed from Listrid 2.0 to Official 2.01 and am loving it -- either by itself or with ALO amp.
Edited by klarheit - 6/28/13 at 6:40am
Not surprised to read this. I had installed the latest 2.01(from the Japanese site) on my RWAK and found the sound signature had changed and inferior compared to the iRiver 1.03 and 2.0 beta releases, at least with my OTH SRH840s. I suspect that the 2.01 driver has been tweaked to "fill-out" the sound, which could benefit the non-modified AK-100, and unfortunately kills the RWAK's great sound signature, wide soundstage, amazingling clear timber, etc. - that I have come to love with Vinnies modification! Of course, this is only subjective and "real" testing is needed. So for now, I forced to used the iRiver 2.0 beta.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 36 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 39 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 55 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › GRADO GR10: Reviews, First Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Questions and recommendations about DAC/Amp for HD800 (again!) 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by joku213
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by Sentinei
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by biggysmalls
- › TDK IE800 by Arvan
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2