- 2,968 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 410
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You are exactly correct.
Looks like the correct firmware has been uploaded to our US and global servers earlier than I expected.
Download v2.01 of the firmware at our website: http://www.iriverinc.com/lounge/loungeView.asp?selectPart=&findWord=&sno=1076&page=1&cateCode=
So If i upgraded using the v2.01 Japanese firmware from yesterday - i don't need to update again? Or has the Japanese version also been updated?
And is it still called v2.01 or is the minor release number changing . e.g. v2.02?
My understanding is that the 64Gb cards still need to be formatted to FAT32 to work with the AK100.
I upgraded to 2.01 FW yesterday and everything is working fine with my AK and FAT32 formatted cards.
i had not 2.01 but 2.0 Beta... experienced accidental powering off twice but after reset and rescan the issue was gone.
then i upgraded to Listrid 2.0 FW and i found this to be darn stable, love this... but for sound quality my RWAK likes 2.0 Beta, this is perhaps what makes AK and RWAK differ on this since many AK users tell the opposite. yes, funny is RWAK likes Iriver original Beta version more which is designed for non-moded AKs while non-moded AKs prefer Listrid..., poor Iriver. ROFL
i still have to do more audition but the first experience i had tells me that Listrid 2.0 is very smooth working and great sounding FW.
so i would recommend Listrid 2.0 without slightest hesitation.
Edited by Gintaras - 6/28/13 at 5:19am
The lesson I learned is stick with whatever work and don't try to fix sth that ain't broken.... will only update if the new version has specific fixes/enhancement I need.
The consensus among Korean AK users is that Official 2.01 sounds better than Beta 2.0, Listrid 2.0 and Listrid 1.0: more balanced sound and fuller mid range. Since you can readily reinstall Listrid 2.0, I think you should give Official 2.01 a try. Korean users especially love the Boost sound -- much clearer sound without raising background noise. It is vastly different from Beta 2.0. It is much more stable and faster as well.
I have changed from Listrid 2.0 to Official 2.01 and am loving it -- either by itself or with ALO amp.
Edited by klarheit - 6/28/13 at 6:40am
Not surprised to read this. I had installed the latest 2.01(from the Japanese site) on my RWAK and found the sound signature had changed and inferior compared to the iRiver 1.03 and 2.0 beta releases, at least with my OTH SRH840s. I suspect that the 2.01 driver has been tweaked to "fill-out" the sound, which could benefit the non-modified AK-100, and unfortunately kills the RWAK's great sound signature, wide soundstage, amazingling clear timber, etc. - that I have come to love with Vinnies modification! Of course, this is only subjective and "real" testing is needed. So for now, I forced to used the iRiver 2.0 beta.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 17 seconds ago
- › Jakarta USF (Ultimate Sound Fair) 26-27 Sept 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Post A Photograph Of Your Turntable 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)