- 3,096 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
My wife returned from two weeks in Japan today. While I was glad to see her after time apart, and excited to have her back, a part of me was more excited about what she had brought with her: my...
I bought this headphone amp after having met Ray Samuels at a Headphone show. He made it absolutely clear how much he valued over-engineering his pieces and how much he prioritized long term...
I use this Headphone amp with my V-Moda M-100's. The 100's are just too "dark" without something to mitigate on the top octave's behalf. The OLED display is bright clean and easy to read. (A...
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 410
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You are exactly correct.
Looks like the correct firmware has been uploaded to our US and global servers earlier than I expected.
Download v2.01 of the firmware at our website: http://www.iriverinc.com/lounge/loungeView.asp?selectPart=&findWord=&sno=1076&page=1&cateCode=
So If i upgraded using the v2.01 Japanese firmware from yesterday - i don't need to update again? Or has the Japanese version also been updated?
And is it still called v2.01 or is the minor release number changing . e.g. v2.02?
My understanding is that the 64Gb cards still need to be formatted to FAT32 to work with the AK100.
I upgraded to 2.01 FW yesterday and everything is working fine with my AK and FAT32 formatted cards.
i had not 2.01 but 2.0 Beta... experienced accidental powering off twice but after reset and rescan the issue was gone.
then i upgraded to Listrid 2.0 FW and i found this to be darn stable, love this... but for sound quality my RWAK likes 2.0 Beta, this is perhaps what makes AK and RWAK differ on this since many AK users tell the opposite. yes, funny is RWAK likes Iriver original Beta version more which is designed for non-moded AKs while non-moded AKs prefer Listrid..., poor Iriver. ROFL
i still have to do more audition but the first experience i had tells me that Listrid 2.0 is very smooth working and great sounding FW.
so i would recommend Listrid 2.0 without slightest hesitation.
Edited by Gintaras - 6/28/13 at 5:19am
The lesson I learned is stick with whatever work and don't try to fix sth that ain't broken.... will only update if the new version has specific fixes/enhancement I need.
The consensus among Korean AK users is that Official 2.01 sounds better than Beta 2.0, Listrid 2.0 and Listrid 1.0: more balanced sound and fuller mid range. Since you can readily reinstall Listrid 2.0, I think you should give Official 2.01 a try. Korean users especially love the Boost sound -- much clearer sound without raising background noise. It is vastly different from Beta 2.0. It is much more stable and faster as well.
I have changed from Listrid 2.0 to Official 2.01 and am loving it -- either by itself or with ALO amp.
Edited by klarheit - 6/28/13 at 6:40am
Not surprised to read this. I had installed the latest 2.01(from the Japanese site) on my RWAK and found the sound signature had changed and inferior compared to the iRiver 1.03 and 2.0 beta releases, at least with my OTH SRH840s. I suspect that the 2.01 driver has been tweaked to "fill-out" the sound, which could benefit the non-modified AK-100, and unfortunately kills the RWAK's great sound signature, wide soundstage, amazingling clear timber, etc. - that I have come to love with Vinnies modification! Of course, this is only subjective and "real" testing is needed. So for now, I forced to used the iRiver 2.0 beta.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Shure SRH940 4 minutes ago
- › Improvement From Beyerdynamic DT-150 4 minutes ago
- › Why boosting 30 Hz by 30 dB sounds so good... 5 minutes ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 5 minutes ago
- › *Official Schiit Magni/Modi 2 ( Uber ) Thread* 6 minutes ago
- › Sell me your earbuds 7 minutes ago
- › Melodious XM-U8 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 9 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 11 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Tube Rolling Guide 6SN7/6AS7G/6080/5998 12 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by hakushondaimao
- › Ray Samuels P-51 Mustang by Zennheiser
- › FiiO E17 by Zennheiser
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2