- 1,007 Posts. Joined 6/2013
- Location: Hong Kong
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on Today at 7:28 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
i am giving this review after a month use, 30+ hours burning its still improving. at the first use found these a crap they were sounding low on my phone they are not that impact that i was looking...
For the prize, these sound amazing! I was extremly happy about my purchase until the headband broke. I only used them normally, with no extreme stretching at all. It is made of fragile plastic....
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 410post #6136 of 76996/27/13 at 10:26pmLoL
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6137 of 76996/27/13 at 10:51pmpost #6138 of 76996/27/13 at 10:52pmpost #6139 of 76996/27/13 at 11:15pmpost #6140 of 76996/28/13 at 1:21ampost #6141 of 76996/28/13 at 1:46amQuote:Originally Posted by JmoonAK
You are exactly correct.
Looks like the correct firmware has been uploaded to our US and global servers earlier than I expected.
Download v2.01 of the firmware at our website: http://www.iriverinc.com/lounge/loungeView.asp?selectPart=&findWord=&sno=1076&page=1&cateCode=
So If i upgraded using the v2.01 Japanese firmware from yesterday - i don't need to update again? Or has the Japanese version also been updated?
And is it still called v2.01 or is the minor release number changing . e.g. v2.02?
Thankspost #6142 of 76996/28/13 at 2:55ampost #6143 of 76996/28/13 at 3:07amQuote:
My understanding is that the 64Gb cards still need to be formatted to FAT32 to work with the AK100.
I upgraded to 2.01 FW yesterday and everything is working fine with my AK and FAT32 formatted cards.post #6144 of 76996/28/13 at 4:22ampost #6145 of 76996/28/13 at 4:27ampost #6146 of 76996/28/13 at 5:17am
i had not 2.01 but 2.0 Beta... experienced accidental powering off twice but after reset and rescan the issue was gone.
then i upgraded to Listrid 2.0 FW and i found this to be darn stable, love this... but for sound quality my RWAK likes 2.0 Beta, this is perhaps what makes AK and RWAK differ on this since many AK users tell the opposite. yes, funny is RWAK likes Iriver original Beta version more which is designed for non-moded AKs while non-moded AKs prefer Listrid..., poor Iriver. ROFL
i still have to do more audition but the first experience i had tells me that Listrid 2.0 is very smooth working and great sounding FW.
so i would recommend Listrid 2.0 without slightest hesitation.
Edited by Gintaras - 6/28/13 at 5:19ampost #6147 of 76996/28/13 at 5:51ampost #6148 of 76996/28/13 at 6:15amQuote:
The lesson I learned is stick with whatever work and don't try to fix sth that ain't broken.... will only update if the new version has specific fixes/enhancement I need.post #6149 of 76996/28/13 at 6:39am
The consensus among Korean AK users is that Official 2.01 sounds better than Beta 2.0, Listrid 2.0 and Listrid 1.0: more balanced sound and fuller mid range. Since you can readily reinstall Listrid 2.0, I think you should give Official 2.01 a try. Korean users especially love the Boost sound -- much clearer sound without raising background noise. It is vastly different from Beta 2.0. It is much more stable and faster as well.
I have changed from Listrid 2.0 to Official 2.01 and am loving it -- either by itself or with ALO amp.
Edited by klarheit - 6/28/13 at 6:40ampost #6150 of 76996/28/13 at 8:10am
Not surprised to read this. I had installed the latest 2.01(from the Japanese site) on my RWAK and found the sound signature had changed and inferior compared to the iRiver 1.03 and 2.0 beta releases, at least with my OTH SRH840s. I suspect that the 2.01 driver has been tweaked to "fill-out" the sound, which could benefit the non-modified AK-100, and unfortunately kills the RWAK's great sound signature, wide soundstage, amazingling clear timber, etc. - that I have come to love with Vinnies modification! Of course, this is only subjective and "real" testing is needed. So for now, I forced to used the iRiver 2.0 beta.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Schiit Owners Unite 26 seconds ago
- › Electrodynamic and electrostatic headphones now obsolete ? 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 900 vs. Beyerdynamic DT770 (80 Ohm) *Updated Review 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 1 minute ago
- › Brainwavz Delta IEM's: new low cost champs! 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 (price drop) 2 minutes ago
- › Introduction Only, Due to Empty Wallet so any Recommendations Would... 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 439 Headphones Black by sagar khichi
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe