Not saying that the I river will sound better then dx100, but if have a great sq and half the price of I basso the is well worth it.I cant justify spending 850 USD on a dap those days when at least 3,4 new models will come out in the next few months, all with 24\192 music support.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 1/23/14 at 8:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 5post #61 of 808410/6/12 at 1:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 808410/6/12 at 9:28ampost #63 of 808410/6/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
Until this actually lands in the hands of someone who is able to give some credible impressions on the sound quality, its up there with the Fiio DAP - vapourware. Granted, iRiver have a better track record in this market, but they also have a history of dumping products without warning in favor of cheaper mass market gadgets which have been poorly received by most with an interest in good sound from a portable device.post #64 of 808410/7/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
Until this actually lands in the hands of someone who is able to give some credible impressions on the sound quality, its up there with the Fiio DAP - vapourware. Granted, iRiver have a better track record in this market, but they also have a history of dumping products without warning in favor of cheaper mass market gadgets which have been poorly received by most with an interest in good sound from a portable device.
So, you'r considering the X3?post #65 of 808410/7/12 at 2:00pmpost #66 of 808410/7/12 at 6:21pmpost #67 of 808410/7/12 at 9:08pmpost #68 of 808410/8/12 at 4:23amQuote:
Around a year ago made a suggestion for Sandisk to make players with more than one card slot. So far we haven't seen anything.post #69 of 808410/8/12 at 6:05amQuote:Originally Posted by JK1
Around a year ago made a suggestion for Sandisk to make players with more than one card slot. So far we haven't seen anything.
>Time to make the next Clip 25% thicker, and 25% longer, increasing battery life to 30+ hours, and adding a second card slot.
I like it how smb suggests 4 slots at one point
this can go 3 ways for me. 4" phone with 128gb microsdxc one day (provided it has decent sound and total battery life not less than 12h, while not being overly thing (fries with that, thanks). or small player with 2 slots and 2x64gb microsdhc. or larger player as before, but longer battery life but still not sound quality issues like with cowon d2 (high output impedance on d2)
Edited by svyr - 10/8/12 at 6:11ampost #70 of 808410/8/12 at 2:24pm
iRiver AK 100 officially out October 10 in Korea.
Let's see who brings out the first review and how good thiss DAP is going to be.
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://bbs.imp3.net/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26action%3Dprintable%26tid%3D10788736&prev=/search%3Fq%3Diriver%2Bak100%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D805%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=IUNzUK_4OMf80QXX7oHwCg&ved=0CDUQ7gEwAjgKpost #71 of 808410/8/12 at 2:43pmpost #72 of 808410/9/12 at 9:37pmpost #73 of 808410/9/12 at 9:41pmpost #74 of 808410/9/12 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by musicday
Live website with iRiver AK 100 countdown the release date in Korea at least:
go iRiver go...Quote:
There is more info but I cannot get the translator to decipher enough http://shop.iriver.co.kr/Product/ProductView.aspx?prdtCode=379165#
The questions right away for me are: How much memory two: 124gb memory cards? Is there any internal memory? And what type files will it play?
Is the UI going to be customized or Android or? And when is it available? About $700.......right there with the other high ends.
Anyone got any further info?post #75 of 808410/9/12 at 10:33pmi'm going to make it ALLL mine! oh well this nips in the bud my experimentation with DSP based DIY digital out daps, no time when there is something like that. has it got remote? thats one of my favorite features of the ihp120 that I use to this day with my portable dacs
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 24 seconds ago
- › got sennheiser momentum but not 100% happy with it 42 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 47 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 1 minute ago
- › [GUIDE] Sonic Differences Between DT770-DT990 Models & More 2 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Noble 4 Universal... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › AMP/DAC Advice for iDevices 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 vs K612 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude