Not saying that the I river will sound better then dx100, but if have a great sq and half the price of I basso the is well worth it.I cant justify spending 850 USD on a dap those days when at least 3,4 new models will come out in the next few months, all with 24\192 music support.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 12/10/13 at 11:43am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
If you want to read me ramble on more about haptics and finish quality, head to Ω image's review. I know it is a year on and this earphone is no longer en vogue. However, I reviewed it. Take...
Now let me start by saying that at the time I purchased these Delta's, I was looking for a step up to my Philips SHE3580's to get a better quality budget iem. I have just sold my JVC FX40's and my...
I've completed my review on this headphone and it is currently waiting to go live elsewhere first. After a few days, it will be posted here. This headphone is a real winner. I am truly amazed by...
Please make sure to click that Like button at the bottom of the page, also drop a comment and feel free to ask questions if you have them! AK120 I feel like there is an epidemic...
OVERVIEW The Effect Studio Thor Silver IEM Upgrade cable is the new flagship made from quad-braided pure UPOCC silver that has been cryo treated and put together with Cardas silver solder. The...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 5post #61 of 769810/6/12 at 1:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 769810/6/12 at 9:28ampost #63 of 769810/6/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
Until this actually lands in the hands of someone who is able to give some credible impressions on the sound quality, its up there with the Fiio DAP - vapourware. Granted, iRiver have a better track record in this market, but they also have a history of dumping products without warning in favor of cheaper mass market gadgets which have been poorly received by most with an interest in good sound from a portable device.post #64 of 769810/7/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
Until this actually lands in the hands of someone who is able to give some credible impressions on the sound quality, its up there with the Fiio DAP - vapourware. Granted, iRiver have a better track record in this market, but they also have a history of dumping products without warning in favor of cheaper mass market gadgets which have been poorly received by most with an interest in good sound from a portable device.
So, you'r considering the X3?post #65 of 769810/7/12 at 2:00pmpost #66 of 769810/7/12 at 6:21pmpost #67 of 769810/7/12 at 9:08pmpost #68 of 769810/8/12 at 4:23amQuote:
Around a year ago made a suggestion for Sandisk to make players with more than one card slot. So far we haven't seen anything.post #69 of 769810/8/12 at 6:05amQuote:Originally Posted by JK1
Around a year ago made a suggestion for Sandisk to make players with more than one card slot. So far we haven't seen anything.
>Time to make the next Clip 25% thicker, and 25% longer, increasing battery life to 30+ hours, and adding a second card slot.
I like it how smb suggests 4 slots at one point
this can go 3 ways for me. 4" phone with 128gb microsdxc one day (provided it has decent sound and total battery life not less than 12h, while not being overly thing (fries with that, thanks). or small player with 2 slots and 2x64gb microsdhc. or larger player as before, but longer battery life but still not sound quality issues like with cowon d2 (high output impedance on d2)
Edited by svyr - 10/8/12 at 6:11ampost #70 of 769810/8/12 at 2:24pm
iRiver AK 100 officially out October 10 in Korea.
Let's see who brings out the first review and how good thiss DAP is going to be.
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://bbs.imp3.net/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26action%3Dprintable%26tid%3D10788736&prev=/search%3Fq%3Diriver%2Bak100%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D805%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=IUNzUK_4OMf80QXX7oHwCg&ved=0CDUQ7gEwAjgKpost #71 of 769810/8/12 at 2:43pmpost #72 of 769810/9/12 at 9:37pmpost #73 of 769810/9/12 at 9:41pmpost #74 of 769810/9/12 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by musicday
Live website with iRiver AK 100 countdown the release date in Korea at least:
go iRiver go...Quote:
There is more info but I cannot get the translator to decipher enough http://shop.iriver.co.kr/Product/ProductView.aspx?prdtCode=379165#
The questions right away for me are: How much memory two: 124gb memory cards? Is there any internal memory? And what type files will it play?
Is the UI going to be customized or Android or? And when is it available? About $700.......right there with the other high ends.
Anyone got any further info?post #75 of 769810/9/12 at 10:33pmi'm going to make it ALLL mine! oh well this nips in the bud my experimentation with DSP based DIY digital out daps, no time when there is something like that. has it got remote? thats one of my favorite features of the ihp120 that I use to this day with my portable dacs
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 2 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Using headphones with a television: Analog out vs s/pdif? 2 minutes ago
- › SIngapore Meet : December 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X 3 minutes ago
- › Grado sound + Bass 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 3 minutes ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Help buying $200-$300 Headphone. 4 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 4 minutes ago
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by TThorsen
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe