Not saying that the I river will sound better then dx100, but if have a great sq and half the price of I basso the is well worth it.I cant justify spending 850 USD on a dap those days when at least 3,4 new models will come out in the next few months, all with 24\192 music support.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 4/4/14 at 4:56am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 5post #61 of 836110/6/12 at 1:44am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 836110/6/12 at 9:28ampost #63 of 836110/6/12 at 5:48pmQuote:
Until this actually lands in the hands of someone who is able to give some credible impressions on the sound quality, its up there with the Fiio DAP - vapourware. Granted, iRiver have a better track record in this market, but they also have a history of dumping products without warning in favor of cheaper mass market gadgets which have been poorly received by most with an interest in good sound from a portable device.post #64 of 836110/7/12 at 11:18amQuote:Originally Posted by estreeter
Until this actually lands in the hands of someone who is able to give some credible impressions on the sound quality, its up there with the Fiio DAP - vapourware. Granted, iRiver have a better track record in this market, but they also have a history of dumping products without warning in favor of cheaper mass market gadgets which have been poorly received by most with an interest in good sound from a portable device.
So, you'r considering the X3?post #65 of 836110/7/12 at 2:00pmpost #66 of 836110/7/12 at 6:21pmpost #67 of 836110/7/12 at 9:08pmpost #68 of 836110/8/12 at 4:23amQuote:
Around a year ago made a suggestion for Sandisk to make players with more than one card slot. So far we haven't seen anything.post #69 of 836110/8/12 at 6:05amQuote:Originally Posted by JK1
Around a year ago made a suggestion for Sandisk to make players with more than one card slot. So far we haven't seen anything.
>Time to make the next Clip 25% thicker, and 25% longer, increasing battery life to 30+ hours, and adding a second card slot.
I like it how smb suggests 4 slots at one point
this can go 3 ways for me. 4" phone with 128gb microsdxc one day (provided it has decent sound and total battery life not less than 12h, while not being overly thing (fries with that, thanks). or small player with 2 slots and 2x64gb microsdhc. or larger player as before, but longer battery life but still not sound quality issues like with cowon d2 (high output impedance on d2)
Edited by svyr - 10/8/12 at 6:11ampost #70 of 836110/8/12 at 2:24pm
iRiver AK 100 officially out October 10 in Korea.
Let's see who brings out the first review and how good thiss DAP is going to be.
http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://bbs.imp3.net/forum.php%3Fmod%3Dviewthread%26action%3Dprintable%26tid%3D10788736&prev=/search%3Fq%3Diriver%2Bak100%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26biw%3D1600%26bih%3D805%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=IUNzUK_4OMf80QXX7oHwCg&ved=0CDUQ7gEwAjgKpost #71 of 836110/8/12 at 2:43pmpost #72 of 836110/9/12 at 9:37pmpost #73 of 836110/9/12 at 9:41pmpost #74 of 836110/9/12 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by musicday
Live website with iRiver AK 100 countdown the release date in Korea at least:
go iRiver go...Quote:
There is more info but I cannot get the translator to decipher enough http://shop.iriver.co.kr/Product/ProductView.aspx?prdtCode=379165#
The questions right away for me are: How much memory two: 124gb memory cards? Is there any internal memory? And what type files will it play?
Is the UI going to be customized or Android or? And when is it available? About $700.......right there with the other high ends.
Anyone got any further info?post #75 of 836110/9/12 at 10:33pmi'm going to make it ALLL mine! oh well this nips in the bud my experimentation with DSP based DIY digital out daps, no time when there is something like that. has it got remote? thats one of my favorite features of the ihp120 that I use to this day with my portable dacs
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
- › AKG K812 Pro 45 seconds ago
- › Want To Know Your Opinion About Getting 1000 $ IEM. 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's DSD-capable PHA-2 portable headphone amp/DAC 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob