Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 37

post #541 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

@frenchbat & @lee730, I'm sorry...I can't resist.

 

The AK100-111iS deal came up again on Rakuten and there was only 5 so I had to order. The Y49,980 for both DAP+FitEar F111 was irresistible especially when in the shops they sell the AK100 alone for Y49,800 in the shops. I think the deal is speaking louder than the brain.

 

Worst case, I've at least already tested double-amping with the Ortofon MHd-Q7 which was a great sounding combo.

That is a great deal! You basically got one of them for free!

post #542 of 8656

That is a pretty good deal then :). So why don't they just lower the price from $600 to $300 & call it a day? ;).
 

post #543 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

That is a pretty good deal then :). So why don't they just lower the price from $600 to $300 & call it a day? ;).
 

I think they might in near future. Pricing your product in such manner in such an early stage of its production life is sign of desperation.

post #544 of 8656

If you notice in that review, most was done with relatively high impedance cans. IEMs were also listened to but it may not be a coincidance that he liked the monsters as they have extra bass.

post #545 of 8656
Hahaha, Anak, you just can't resist, can you.

Well at least, this is a better deal than the street price. Double amping obviously, not a big problem in my book. Have fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

@frenchbat & @lee730, I'm sorry...I can't resist.

The AK100-111iS deal came up again on Rakuten and there was only 5 so I had to order. The Y49,980 for both DAP+FitEar F111 was irresistible especially when in the shops they sell the AK100 alone for Y49,800 in the shops. I think the deal is speaking louder than the brain.

Worst case, I've at least already tested double-amping with the Ortofon MHd-Q7 which was a great sounding combo.
post #546 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

@frenchbat & @lee730, I'm sorry...I can't resist.

 

The AK100-111iS deal came up again on Rakuten and there was only 5 so I had to order. The Y49,980 for both DAP+FitEar F111 was irresistible especially when in the shops they sell the AK100 alone for Y49,800 in the shops. I think the deal is speaking louder than the brain.

 

Worst case, I've at least already tested double-amping with the Ortofon MHd-Q7 which was a great sounding combo.


I could not find that on Rakuten, the one that I found for Y49980 seems only got the earphone but not include DAP. Could you send me the link for both DAP+111 deal? Thanks a lot.

post #547 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post


I could not find that on Rakuten, the one that I found for Y49980 seems only got the earphone but not include DAP. Could you send me the link for both DAP+111 deal? Thanks a lot.

 

hkppl, nope you're actually 100% correct. Thanks to you, I've actually cancelled my order.

post #548 of 8656

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/iriver-jp/ak100ear/

 

This one ? 


Edited by akka - 11/20/12 at 9:19pm
post #549 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

 

hkppl, nope you're actually 100% correct. Thanks to you, I've actually cancelled my order.


Oh so you don't get a 2fer? :(

post #550 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Oh so you don't get a 2fer? :(

 

Yeah I don't know why I had it stuck in my head in the past few weeks that they had a package deal & ever since I had that stuck in my head - I think is wishful thinking.

 

As such I didn't bother using the Google translator (generally don't dare to ask the wife for translations when it comes to audio expenditure). So coming back from drinks last night I saw they had 5 available, I went ahead and ordered.

 

However I did have to ask my wife for help in cancelling the order ;-).

post #551 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by akka View Post

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/iriver-jp/ak100ear/

 

This one ? 


Yep I also found this one, but the content summary only shows the 111, no AK100. And the description only said this 111 is fine-tuned for AK100.

 

@AnakChan, it'd be really nice to have a package of AK100+111iS for Y49980, what a pity it's not the case this time redface.gif, kindly notify us again if there is such combo again later bigsmile_face.gif

post #552 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkppl View Post


Yep I also found this one, but the content summary only shows the 111, no AK100. And the description only said this 111 is fine-tuned for AK100.

 

@AnakChan, it'd be really nice to have a package of AK100+111iS for Y49980, what a pity it's not the case this time redface.gif, kindly notify us again if there is such combo again later bigsmile_face.gif


I think hell is more likely to freeze over before that happens. devil_face.gif

post #553 of 8656

That was me already whipping out my credit card. Thank good I can still max out my credit card on the Hifiman:)

 

Ps those IEM s look pretty nice. Still would favor the Heir 350's Specialy for that price.


Edited by gidion27 - 11/20/12 at 11:23pm
post #554 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidion27 View Post

That was me already whipping out my credit card. Thank good I can still max out my credit card on the Hifiman:)


Or the ibasso ;).. lol

post #555 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Or the ibasso ;).. lol

So true, I keep forgetting about the Ibasso not sure why... I might have a preconception to the ibasso. Maybe the name. I have a dislike of most things starting with an i. Like ipod etc.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP