well it never appeared in the finder since it was still UN-Succesfully "Connecting USB - Do not disconnect"
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 10/9/16 at 12:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 10/29/16 at 8:08am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
Great lil on-ear headphone but a lil bit uncomfortable on ear. Not for someone who loves heavy bass but good for seeking clarity ;) My opinion, my first AKG product. Tried the AKG Y50 but to me,...
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read this... after the installation of the Russian Firmware.
But now I am stuck..... since I cannot access the AK100's memory by USB, how can I install 1.33 back ???
Try another OS?
Same here. Still says I'm on v1.32 when I re-boot. :knocksonwood: but no issues so far. Still loving gapless, finally, on this device. I can't believe how much I take something simple like that for granted
I am looking for a recommendation for head phones that I can use in the office, I am thinking Sen Momentums, would welcome thoughts
Any update b?
I loaded an RWAK100 with SW 1.30 and then loaded the Russian SW (to try and replicate the problem you are having) and see
your problem. My MAC nor PC will not see the unit when "Connecting USB - Do not disconnect."
I'll look into it some more...
I just finished doing a quick test between a STOCK AK100 with 1.33 and STOCK AK100 with the Russian SW. Using a 16/44.1 WAV file of a 1kHz test tone (0dBm), setting the volume to max (75), EQ OFF, and measuring the RMS voltage at the output jack with NO load connected, I get:
STOCK AK100 with 1.33 = 1.02 Vrms
STOCK AK100 with the Russian SW = 1.52 Vrms.
So we are looking at a approx. 3.5dB difference output between the two.... which can definitely be heard.
I know that the "de-emphasis mode ON" takes away around 3dB of signal in the dac before the d/a conversion takes place - so it is possible that whoever came out with this patch also turned OFF de-emphasis in the software (as the WM8740 dac in the AK100 is ran in "software mode" - not "hardware mode").
I have a prototype modded RWAK100 with a WM8741 dac (dac configured in hardware mode and using a 'minimal phase' digital filter setting that has been hardware configured for the dac. Digital volume control
is completely bypassed from the chain - so no digital attenuation used for the data. When I measure the output voltage of the same file above (in the same configuration) with SW 1.33, I get 1.8Vrms. When I load the Russian SW, I still get 1.8Vrms.... so running in HW mode and completely bypassing the digital volume control is proven to give true MAX line-out capability (I believe the 0.2Vrms difference to the datasheet's 2Vrms is because I was still using the headphone output stage, which will be bypassed. The headphone output stage is a voltage follower and topology and seems to drop about 0.2Vrms, but provides the current required to drive headphones).
That's it for now... I hope this helps,
So Vinnie are you able to load the 1.33 stock firmware via a Windows PC and then revert to the Russian firmware to resolve this issue or is this a common issue on all macs regardless of the steps?
You can check if the disk is still present by using the Disk Utility in Application/Utilities/ even if it doesn't mount.
Alas sounds a lot like what happened to me when I re-formatted the internal drive at the time, not knowing it would alter the partition table and thus nuke the access to the internal storage... no way the extremely small boot partition could be used to load the firmware updater. (I think they have added some protection in the firmware following that).
Ultimately I had to send it in for a repair, and they reflashed/reformatted it in some diagnostic mode (I assume) & re-installed the then-current firmware... Luckily they were nice enough to do it under warranty, and also being in the general L.A. area made for a relatively short turn-around.
Not sure I'm willing to gamble on another somewhat dodgy unofficial firmware after that... but if what was posted earlier is true, then it proves that gapless playback IS only a firmware issue, and there are no excuses for iRiver....
I was able to load from 1.33 back to 1.30. Then load Russian SW. But had same problem as bmichels. Now it cannot connect the AK100 to the Mac (or PC) - so
DO NOT load the Russian SW unless you have 1.33 loaded. With another RWAK100 I loaded from 1.33 to Russian SW and so far, so good...
I'm trying to help bmichels, but it is possible we bricked our RWAK100s by going from 1.30 to Russian SW --- I need to look into another way to recover it.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 32 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 34 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 37 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 43 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 45 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a bugdet headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K403 by IkuMiku96
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear