well it never appeared in the finder since it was still UN-Succesfully "Connecting USB - Do not disconnect"
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/16/14 at 12:34pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 10/23/14 at 7:52am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/28/14
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
Sony almost always delivers when it comes to good quality audio products and these headphones are a great example. These headphones fit quit well and have different size plugs depending on what...
This is a review for the Shure SE315's, first a little about myself I don't consider myself a hard core audiophile like most people on this site. I am 38 years old and I am just your everyday...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read this... after the installation of the Russian Firmware.
But now I am stuck..... since I cannot access the AK100's memory by USB, how can I install 1.33 back ???
Try another OS?
Same here. Still says I'm on v1.32 when I re-boot. :knocksonwood: but no issues so far. Still loving gapless, finally, on this device. I can't believe how much I take something simple like that for granted
I am looking for a recommendation for head phones that I can use in the office, I am thinking Sen Momentums, would welcome thoughts
Any update b?
I just finished doing a quick test between a STOCK AK100 with 1.33 and STOCK AK100 with the Russian SW. Using a 16/44.1 WAV file of a 1kHz test tone (0dBm), setting the volume to max (75), EQ OFF, and measuring the RMS voltage at the output jack with NO load connected, I get:
STOCK AK100 with 1.33 = 1.02 Vrms
STOCK AK100 with the Russian SW = 1.52 Vrms.
So we are looking at a approx. 3.5dB difference output between the two.... which can definitely be heard.
I know that the "de-emphasis mode ON" takes away around 3dB of signal in the dac before the d/a conversion takes place - so it is possible that whoever came out with this patch also turned OFF de-emphasis in the software (as the WM8740 dac in the AK100 is ran in "software mode" - not "hardware mode").
I have a prototype modded RWAK100 with a WM8741 dac (dac configured in hardware mode and using a 'minimal phase' digital filter setting that has been hardware configured for the dac. Digital volume control
is completely bypassed from the chain - so no digital attenuation used for the data. When I measure the output voltage of the same file above (in the same configuration) with SW 1.33, I get 1.8Vrms. When I load the Russian SW, I still get 1.8Vrms.... so running in HW mode and completely bypassing the digital volume control is proven to give true MAX line-out capability (I believe the 0.2Vrms difference to the datasheet's 2Vrms is because I was still using the headphone output stage, which will be bypassed. The headphone output stage is a voltage follower and topology and seems to drop about 0.2Vrms, but provides the current required to drive headphones).
That's it for now... I hope this helps,
So Vinnie are you able to load the 1.33 stock firmware via a Windows PC and then revert to the Russian firmware to resolve this issue or is this a common issue on all macs regardless of the steps?
You can check if the disk is still present by using the Disk Utility in Application/Utilities/ even if it doesn't mount.
Alas sounds a lot like what happened to me when I re-formatted the internal drive at the time, not knowing it would alter the partition table and thus nuke the access to the internal storage... no way the extremely small boot partition could be used to load the firmware updater. (I think they have added some protection in the firmware following that).
Ultimately I had to send it in for a repair, and they reflashed/reformatted it in some diagnostic mode (I assume) & re-installed the then-current firmware... Luckily they were nice enough to do it under warranty, and also being in the general L.A. area made for a relatively short turn-around.
Not sure I'm willing to gamble on another somewhat dodgy unofficial firmware after that... but if what was posted earlier is true, then it proves that gapless playback IS only a firmware issue, and there are no excuses for iRiver....
I was able to load from 1.33 back to 1.30. Then load Russian SW. But had same problem as bmichels. Now it cannot connect the AK100 to the Mac (or PC) - so
DO NOT load the Russian SW unless you have 1.33 loaded. With another RWAK100 I loaded from 1.33 to Russian SW and so far, so good...
I'm trying to help bmichels, but it is possible we bricked our RWAK100s by going from 1.30 to Russian SW --- I need to look into another way to recover it.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sharing Photos of my Collection 1 minute ago
- › Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King 1 minute ago
- › Need Help with X-FI Soundcard 2 minutes ago
- › [ SOLD ] : WireWorld Platinum Eclipse 7 IEM Cable 2 minutes ago
- › Winter 2015 AAMML Holiday Gift Exchange 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Best Stylish Headphones Under $200 4 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › How Do I Prove My Head-Fi Allegiance ! 4 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)