well it never appeared in the finder since it was still UN-Succesfully "Connecting USB - Do not disconnect"
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 6/14/16 at 11:00am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/20/16 at 5:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
The Fiio E12A Mont Blanc portable headphone amplifier is a great amp for IEM's and earbuds. The sound signature is slightly on the warm side, and presents a much fuller sound and wider...
**Disclaimer: I received the M3 from FiiO in return for my honest review** I have been watching FiiO's product line-up for quite some time. I've played with the X1 DAP owned by a friend and...
At the time this review was written the iBasso D14 Bushmaster DAC/Amplifier was for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to iBasso’s product page display, and also a listing on Penon...
I've owned this for about 6 months when I bought it direct from China. As a 68 year old it took me back to a time when I used to go to live concerts. But there were hidden costs involved. Firstly...
I`ve had the ATH-A900 LTD in 10 years and they still play very well indeed! I checked out the sound quality this week against the best they had in our local hi-fi store and the ones I heard wasn`t...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 351
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I read this... after the installation of the Russian Firmware.
But now I am stuck..... since I cannot access the AK100's memory by USB, how can I install 1.33 back ???
Try another OS?
Same here. Still says I'm on v1.32 when I re-boot. :knocksonwood: but no issues so far. Still loving gapless, finally, on this device. I can't believe how much I take something simple like that for granted
I am looking for a recommendation for head phones that I can use in the office, I am thinking Sen Momentums, would welcome thoughts
Any update b?
I loaded an RWAK100 with SW 1.30 and then loaded the Russian SW (to try and replicate the problem you are having) and see
your problem. My MAC nor PC will not see the unit when "Connecting USB - Do not disconnect."
I'll look into it some more...
I just finished doing a quick test between a STOCK AK100 with 1.33 and STOCK AK100 with the Russian SW. Using a 16/44.1 WAV file of a 1kHz test tone (0dBm), setting the volume to max (75), EQ OFF, and measuring the RMS voltage at the output jack with NO load connected, I get:
STOCK AK100 with 1.33 = 1.02 Vrms
STOCK AK100 with the Russian SW = 1.52 Vrms.
So we are looking at a approx. 3.5dB difference output between the two.... which can definitely be heard.
I know that the "de-emphasis mode ON" takes away around 3dB of signal in the dac before the d/a conversion takes place - so it is possible that whoever came out with this patch also turned OFF de-emphasis in the software (as the WM8740 dac in the AK100 is ran in "software mode" - not "hardware mode").
I have a prototype modded RWAK100 with a WM8741 dac (dac configured in hardware mode and using a 'minimal phase' digital filter setting that has been hardware configured for the dac. Digital volume control
is completely bypassed from the chain - so no digital attenuation used for the data. When I measure the output voltage of the same file above (in the same configuration) with SW 1.33, I get 1.8Vrms. When I load the Russian SW, I still get 1.8Vrms.... so running in HW mode and completely bypassing the digital volume control is proven to give true MAX line-out capability (I believe the 0.2Vrms difference to the datasheet's 2Vrms is because I was still using the headphone output stage, which will be bypassed. The headphone output stage is a voltage follower and topology and seems to drop about 0.2Vrms, but provides the current required to drive headphones).
That's it for now... I hope this helps,
So Vinnie are you able to load the 1.33 stock firmware via a Windows PC and then revert to the Russian firmware to resolve this issue or is this a common issue on all macs regardless of the steps?
You can check if the disk is still present by using the Disk Utility in Application/Utilities/ even if it doesn't mount.
Alas sounds a lot like what happened to me when I re-formatted the internal drive at the time, not knowing it would alter the partition table and thus nuke the access to the internal storage... no way the extremely small boot partition could be used to load the firmware updater. (I think they have added some protection in the firmware following that).
Ultimately I had to send it in for a repair, and they reflashed/reformatted it in some diagnostic mode (I assume) & re-installed the then-current firmware... Luckily they were nice enough to do it under warranty, and also being in the general L.A. area made for a relatively short turn-around.
Not sure I'm willing to gamble on another somewhat dodgy unofficial firmware after that... but if what was posted earlier is true, then it proves that gapless playback IS only a firmware issue, and there are no excuses for iRiver....
I was able to load from 1.33 back to 1.30. Then load Russian SW. But had same problem as bmichels. Now it cannot connect the AK100 to the Mac (or PC) - so
DO NOT load the Russian SW unless you have 1.33 loaded. With another RWAK100 I loaded from 1.33 to Russian SW and so far, so good...
I'm trying to help bmichels, but it is possible we bricked our RWAK100s by going from 1.30 to Russian SW --- I need to look into another way to recover it.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Ayre Acoustics "Codex" DAC/Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › Review of the Little-Dot MKII Tube Headphone Amp/Pre-Amp 2 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 2 minutes ago
- › Prog rock 3 minutes ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Nuforce HA-200 - affordable class-A monoblocks 4 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 5 minutes ago
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by Jeremypsp
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...