Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 343

post #5131 of 8656
I just try it. Work well for me.
Thank
post #5132 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLung View Post


This is your sick fantasy. Functions modified software does not affect the sound.

 

so you want to say that all people who buy Amarra, Audirvana or Pure Music software using this with their DAC and high-end systems are plain idiots? cool.... LOL LMAO

post #5133 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

so you want to say that all people who buy Amarra, Audirvana or Pure Music software using this with their DAC and high-end systems are plain idiots? cool.... LOL LMAO

Mate, I guess he was trolling. Otherwise I don't want to believe that he seriously stated that.

post #5134 of 8656

Spkrs, how would you rate sonic differences between AK100 with Russian software and plain AK100? especially concerned about your observation with noise...

 

normally i am too conservative about updating any firmware but this time it sounds just soooo tempting, have patch downloaded but not installed yet :-)

post #5135 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberOzL View Post

Mate, I guess he was trolling. Otherwise I don't want to believe that he seriously stated that.

 

why not serious, you know some people just like talk about things they have not or heard not, it just helps them to carry themselves into another day :-D

 

but i cannot stop laughing imagining faces of Amarra developers and Weiss engineers who supply their reference DACs recommending this software.

post #5136 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteGene View Post

yours is gold ed, cannot compare with stock black ed...

 

Why not? I believe it was confirmed by JMoon from IRiver that there is no difference to the internals between the different coloured versions

post #5137 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

 

why not serious, you know some people just like talk about things they have not or heard not, it just helps them to carry themselves into another day :-D

 

but i cannot stop laughing imagining faces of Amarra developers and Weiss engineers who supply their reference DACs recommending this software.

Laughing is way to live long mate, well done! biggrin.gif

post #5138 of 8656
Noise test.zip 37k .zip file

 

Ok, I just created a blank .wav file to test whether there is any unnecessary noise being added by the new firmware.

 

I'm pleased to report the background sounds as black as it ever did  smily_headphones1.gif

 

Feel free to test the attached file yourselves

post #5139 of 8656

Using this new firmware,... notice playback interruptions everytime when I enquire the "system information" while a song is being played.

post #5140 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemtmaker View Post

Using this new firmware,... notice playback interruptions everytime when I enquire the "system information" while a song is being played.

 

Just tested a selection of tracks and I don't have any problems accessing the system info menu. 

 

What kind of tracks are producing this issue? I will see if I can replicate.

post #5141 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemtmaker View Post

Using this new firmware,... notice playback interruptions everytime when I enquire the "system information" while a song is being played.

 

 

not with my AK100 though.

post #5142 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalethal View Post

 

 

not with my AK100 though.


It does not happen with mine either

post #5143 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by hemtmaker View Post

Using this new firmware,... notice playback interruptions everytime when I enquire the "system information" while a song is being played.

 

Not me. Using only 1 64gb with no songs on the internal memory

post #5144 of 8656
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm.chen View Post

 

Not me. Using only 1 64gb with no songs on the internal memory


And I use 2 almost full 64gb cards and few songs on internal memory.

post #5145 of 8656

The most important thing is that the sound quality has not changed for the worse, right? biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP