What I am interested to know is whether each channel have their own DAC or the DAC work in series.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 11/16/14 at 12:34pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 10/23/14 at 7:52am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
AKG K3003 is an important milestone in the development of IEM. It’s THE FIRST universal fit IEM that successfully combines dynamic driver and balance armature technology together. After owning them...
Had this little player for sometime now recently purchased the X1 and comparing them both im still sold on the DX50 although I still like my X1 but I still find the sound seperation on the DX50...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 323
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I found this:
I don't think the AK100 and this thread will drift away. I think AK100 related info will be in this thread, and more of the AK120
info will be posted to the new thread linked to above.
It would be great to start a separate post with essential information about the AK100/AK120. But someone taking on such as
task with be busy for months sifting through the information.
I'll be happy to mod someones AK100 they send me if they are willing to help with this for the benefit of everyone who has or
is considering an AK100 / AK120.
That is a really nice offer. Very generous.
Each channel has it's own DAC. It keeps the signal paths separate to prevent any cross-talk. I created a car audio setup like this once (except it was a separate amplifier for each channel) and it can have really impressive benefits in terms of soundstage/imaging, etc.
At $1,500 most likely not. It will be interesting though to see where this device stands. I'd hope above them all at such a price premium.
Using the complete surface, They had the opportunité to double it's Size ! I feel crampted With the curent interface !
Edited by bmichels - 5/10/13 at 2:30am
I kind of agree. If I was to have one complaint about the AK100 it would be that scrolling through lots of tracks / albums is a bit clumsy on the small screen.
That can be easily fixed if they implement thumbnail grid view instead of list. I do not know how hard it is but that is the only solution I can think if which should do the job just fine. (assuming people can recognize albums by their cover than)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 42 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C... 2 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 vs Fiio X5: A matter of sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MrTechAgent
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by twelvebears
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)