What I am interested to know is whether each channel have their own DAC or the DAC work in series.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 7/27/15 at 12:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
The Elecom LBT-PAR500AV was purchased by me on Ebay. I’m not in any way affiliated with Elecom. The price was about $50 when I bought it. About me: I’m a 42 year old music...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 323
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I found this:
I don't think the AK100 and this thread will drift away. I think AK100 related info will be in this thread, and more of the AK120
info will be posted to the new thread linked to above.
It would be great to start a separate post with essential information about the AK100/AK120. But someone taking on such as
task with be busy for months sifting through the information.
I'll be happy to mod someones AK100 they send me if they are willing to help with this for the benefit of everyone who has or
is considering an AK100 / AK120.
That is a really nice offer. Very generous.
Each channel has it's own DAC. It keeps the signal paths separate to prevent any cross-talk. I created a car audio setup like this once (except it was a separate amplifier for each channel) and it can have really impressive benefits in terms of soundstage/imaging, etc.
At $1,500 most likely not. It will be interesting though to see where this device stands. I'd hope above them all at such a price premium.
Using the complete surface, They had the opportunité to double it's Size ! I feel crampted With the curent interface !
Edited by bmichels - 5/10/13 at 2:30am
I kind of agree. If I was to have one complaint about the AK100 it would be that scrolling through lots of tracks / albums is a bit clumsy on the small screen.
That can be easily fixed if they implement thumbnail grid view instead of list. I do not know how hard it is but that is the only solution I can think if which should do the job just fine. (assuming people can recognize albums by their cover than)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 56 seconds ago
- › Some questions about settings (sample rate, latency, etc.) for an... 1 minute ago
- › Enter for a chance to win Sennheiser MOMENTUM Headphones and even a... 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › Four Choices for Closed Over-Ears Under $300 2 minutes ago
- › Using a SMSL M8 DAC with a Objective 2 amp 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 3 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendation for 32ohm headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › beyerdynamic DT 770 Stereo Headphones by Meirelles
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 by MacedonianHero
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3