What I am interested to know is whether each channel have their own DAC or the DAC work in series.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 8/23/15 at 6:46am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
I would like to thank Creative Singapore for the loan of Creative Aurvana Live 2 demo sample! http://sg.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-aurvana-live2 Launched in 2013,...
for the price is good but if you want to have that premier sound qualtiy of studio you need a dac of 300 dolllar +
I'm using eartips I found on a pair of Dollar Store earbuds. They look like JVC Spiral dot tips but with a larger dameter opening, more rubbery too. I also tried the CKW1000anv with the JVC's...
About Me I stumbled into the head-fi world when my itchy fingers picked up a Shure SE846 back in January’14. Since then, it has been a long journey, and I’m only just starting. Exploring the...
Introduction: As a well-known cable maker company, Forza AudioWorks is located in Poland. Its CEO and founder Matthew, a good English speaker and known as ‘’Matez’’ on Head-Fi, is a nice guy to...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 323
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I found this:
I don't think the AK100 and this thread will drift away. I think AK100 related info will be in this thread, and more of the AK120
info will be posted to the new thread linked to above.
It would be great to start a separate post with essential information about the AK100/AK120. But someone taking on such as
task with be busy for months sifting through the information.
I'll be happy to mod someones AK100 they send me if they are willing to help with this for the benefit of everyone who has or
is considering an AK100 / AK120.
That is a really nice offer. Very generous.
Each channel has it's own DAC. It keeps the signal paths separate to prevent any cross-talk. I created a car audio setup like this once (except it was a separate amplifier for each channel) and it can have really impressive benefits in terms of soundstage/imaging, etc.
At $1,500 most likely not. It will be interesting though to see where this device stands. I'd hope above them all at such a price premium.
Using the complete surface, They had the opportunité to double it's Size ! I feel crampted With the curent interface !
Edited by bmichels - 5/10/13 at 2:30am
I kind of agree. If I was to have one complaint about the AK100 it would be that scrolling through lots of tracks / albums is a bit clumsy on the small screen.
That can be easily fixed if they implement thumbnail grid view instead of list. I do not know how hard it is but that is the only solution I can think if which should do the job just fine. (assuming people can recognize albums by their cover than)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Lotoo PAW 5000: Impressions And Appreciation Thread 3 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 34 seconds ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 36 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 44 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Fire and Save Matches! Bifrost Multibit is Here. 1 minute ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › How important is impedance matching? ie. Is 1/5 ok? 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a new DAP to replace my NWZ-A729 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic by earfonia
- › FiiO E10K USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by younes berrada
- › Audio-Technica ATH-CKW1000ANV Inner Ear Headphones 50th Anniversary... by kameenadesi
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by Tobias89
- › Forza Audioworks IEM Cables by MikePortnoy
- › Axgio Sprint Sound Isolating Sport Stereo Bluetooth 4.1 Headphone,... by Brooko
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by reddog
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2