What I am interested to know is whether each channel have their own DAC or the DAC work in series.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Let me preface this review by explaining the issue I was dealing with. I have always experienced digital noise from, I'm assuming, my poorly grounded laptop. It didn't matter if I used the...
Build quality and comfort: Headband pad is a little too firm, may need break in. Initially putting them on, the headband is feeling is evidently there but with time it slowly disappears....
Introduction I initially caught wind of Flare Audio and their offerings through a friend's Facebook post. Cutting a long story short I clicked the link and with each detail I read became more...
Love this pair of headphones. Huge sound stage. Great for classical music. The bass is not shabby and is good enough to enjoy Coldplays Viva la Vida. Of course comprable amplifiers are necessry...
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 323
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I found this:
I don't think the AK100 and this thread will drift away. I think AK100 related info will be in this thread, and more of the AK120
info will be posted to the new thread linked to above.
It would be great to start a separate post with essential information about the AK100/AK120. But someone taking on such as
task with be busy for months sifting through the information.
I'll be happy to mod someones AK100 they send me if they are willing to help with this for the benefit of everyone who has or
is considering an AK100 / AK120.
That is a really nice offer. Very generous.
Each channel has it's own DAC. It keeps the signal paths separate to prevent any cross-talk. I created a car audio setup like this once (except it was a separate amplifier for each channel) and it can have really impressive benefits in terms of soundstage/imaging, etc.
At $1,500 most likely not. It will be interesting though to see where this device stands. I'd hope above them all at such a price premium.
Using the complete surface, They had the opportunité to double it's Size ! I feel crampted With the curent interface !
Edited by bmichels - 5/10/13 at 2:30am
I kind of agree. If I was to have one complaint about the AK100 it would be that scrolling through lots of tracks / albums is a bit clumsy on the small screen.
That can be easily fixed if they implement thumbnail grid view instead of list. I do not know how hard it is but that is the only solution I can think if which should do the job just fine. (assuming people can recognize albums by their cover than)
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 28 seconds ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (4/8/2015: Full X2 Review... 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 6 minutes ago
- › PNY 512GB SD card, Sandisk 200GB microSD card are now on sale! 7 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by tyco
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by kite7
- › Flare Audio R2Pro Earphones by dnun8086
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by Chiek
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2