Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 314

post #4696 of 8363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

Loq, you are vandal... you cut amazing T1 IC ... man oh man, could not you order plugs instead?

i personally was very happy with T1 IC and love sound thickness which it adds. for the same reason i have silver plated copper IC for my C3 BH rig which i find adds good sonics without pushing things to the brighter side.

enjoy your T1 and kudos to Gavin for creating such a lovely little amp.

@MadFloyd, i find RWAK soundstage fairly big, at least with RDB+ and T1 this is wide and envoloping... the only area where RWAK lacks a bit is dynamic and sonics richness which unfortunately might be a fault of nearly all DAPs in my understand except for Terra for which happy users found no such issues. mind this i cannot stand Terra design and only WAV playback. all IMVHO

Haha. I only removed the plugs and could very easily return it to its full glory.
post #4697 of 8363

Hey folks, I've really been enjoying the stock AK100 with Polk Ultra Focus 8000s. Excellent sound. I've got two Sandisk 64gb micro sds and about 9000 songs on at the moment. I know some others have had some database issues and I think I've got a new one. The scan goes ok and if I list All Songs everything is ok but both Artist and Album only show those starting with numbers and nothing else. Anyone got the same problem or a fix?

 

Things I'd like to see: The ability to add tracks or albums to Now Playing either Next or At End for a good extended listening session.

 

Thanks

post #4698 of 8363
Quote:
Originally Posted by bh2001 View Post

Hey folks, I've really been enjoying the stock AK100 with Polk Ultra Focus 8000s. Excellent sound. I've got two Sandisk 64gb micro sds and about 9000 songs on at the moment. I know some others have had some database issues and I think I've got a new one. The scan goes ok and if I list All Songs everything is ok but both Artist and Album only show those starting with numbers and nothing else. Anyone got the same problem or a fix?

 

Things I'd like to see: The ability to add tracks or albums to Now Playing either Next or At End for a good extended listening session.

 

Thanks

 

Which firmware do you have installed?

post #4699 of 8363

just received my Gold AK100 today and... im loving it.

 

it sounds better than Black AK100 stock imho. much more energetic, wider soundstaging and better imaging.

post #4700 of 8363
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post

Hello JmoonAK. Since A&K official support is here, I've got a feature request: please make it so that cover images are also read from separate .jpg or .png files placed in albums' folders, following some filenaming pattern, e.g. cover.jpg or album.jpg. Implementing this should not be a problem at all and would make me quite content. Thanks.

Hi DarkSkies,

 

Great idea and well noted. Your suggestion will be forwarded to our development team.

 

This should make it easier to see album art in the AK100. Please note that PNG album art are not supported as of firmware version 1.33.

post #4701 of 8363

Dear JmoonAK,

As you are an official representative of Iriver AK product, could you please comment on the difference between black and gold/silver versions of AK100. Some customers seem to notice some difference in sounding. Is this just a psychological effect or there are real differences inside?

 

Thanks a lot in advance.

post #4702 of 8363
Good question indeed :-D
post #4703 of 8363
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graviton View Post

Dear JmoonAK,

As you are an official representative of Iriver AK product, could you please comment on the difference between black and gold/silver versions of AK100. Some customers seem to notice some difference in sounding. Is this just a psychological effect or there are real differences inside?

 

Thanks a lot in advance.

popcorn.gif

post #4704 of 8363

I'm running 1.33 firmware.

post #4705 of 8363

From my knowledge and from the specifications, there is no difference in sound quality between the black and the limited edition Silver & Gold AK100s. The same Wolfson WM8740 DAC and same CPU is used with the limited editions. The only thing different is color.

 

Let me check with the rest of the team and report back.

post #4706 of 8363
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmoonAK View Post

From my knowledge and from the specifications, there is no difference in sound quality between the black and the limited edition Silver & Gold AK100s. The same Wolfson WM8740 DAC and same CPU is used with the limited editions. The only thing different is color.

 

Let me check with the rest of the team and report back.


They had reported different batteries between these units which is thought to be the very reason for sound quality differences.

post #4707 of 8363
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmoonAK View Post

From my knowledge and from the specifications, there is no difference in sound quality between the black and the limited edition Silver & Gold AK100s. The same Wolfson WM8740 DAC and same CPU is used with the limited editions. The only thing different is color.

 

Let me check with the rest of the team and report back.

popcorn.gif interested as well. might be the "new toy" syndrome.

post #4708 of 8363
gold must be always better sounding by definition because it is Gold! :-D
post #4709 of 8363
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmoonAK View Post

Hi DarkSkies,

 

Great idea and well noted. Your suggestion will be forwarded to our development team.

 

This should make it easier to see album art in the AK100. Please note that PNG album art are not supported as of firmware version 1.33.

 

Thanks. Much obliged.

post #4710 of 8363

AK120 news:

 

Will be much more expensive - perhaps twice the price

looks similar, about 10mm longer

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP