Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 311

post #4651 of 8672

Is there any advantages on using dynamic drivers with the AK100 compared to BAs? I remember reading something about Dynamic vs BA but I cant remember the details now.
 

post #4652 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loquah View Post

Referring back to the comments before about having to select "Connect Removable Memory" to see the AK100 via the computer's folder browser, is there any way to access this option if you don't do it when first connecting the device?

 

For example, if you plug in the AK when it's switched off and then power it up after it's connected, it doesn't give the option to connect to the computer. It'd be nice to have a menu option for this at any time after connection (if possible and if not already there somewhere).

Loquah: Unfortunately, the option to connect the AK100 as a mountable drive is only available upon MicroUSB connection via PC or Mac. Connecting via USB when the AK100 is switched off will only power on the AK100 and will not connect your computer as a mountable drive.

post #4653 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm.chen View Post

Is there any advantages on using dynamic drivers with the AK100 compared to BAs? I remember reading something about Dynamic vs BA but I cant remember the details now.
 


BA type headphones are more likely to be negatively affected by the high output impedance of the stock AK100.   Don't buy a BA for your AK unless you have checked here to determine if it is a good match.

 

You could also check here about the matching of a dynamic headphone with the AK too.   Couldn't hurt.

post #4654 of 8672
Most annoying issue n the rwak100 that I encounter is playing all songs on random I have 1000+ song on library and it only plays a couple of it and will repeat mostly around 30-50
post #4655 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmoonAK View Post

Loquah: Unfortunately, the option to connect the AK100 as a mountable drive is only available upon MicroUSB connection via PC or Mac. Connecting via USB when the AK100 is switched off will only power on the AK100 and will not connect your computer as a mountable drive.

Thanks Jmoon. I can live with that, but it'd be great to have the option to mount the device later for those times we forget and plug in the device before powering up. Just a nice to have, not a must have.
post #4656 of 8672

i have RWA moded Ak100 and my hybrid RDB work just fine. however i am curious about 3DD because that can unleash whole new potential and bring better dynamics and transients while still maintaining good level of detailing.

post #4657 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintaras View Post

i have RWA moded Ak100 and my hybrid RDB work just fine. however i am curious about 3DD because that can unleash whole new potential and bring better dynamics and transients while still maintaining good level of detailing.

 

I should be receiving the 3DD when they are launched, I am pretty stoked to see how they are gonna soundregular_smile%20.gif

 

On another note, I bought a ALO RX3 to use with the AK100 yesterday......so far so good! Can't wait to get my black one back though as the gold one is not that aesthetically pleasing........................

 

 

 

post #4658 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by tm.chen View Post

Is there any advantages on using dynamic drivers with the AK100 compared to BAs? I remember reading something about Dynamic vs BA but I cant remember the details now.
 

 

I don't see any specific advantages, as it is more synergy at the end of the day!

 

I have listened with my IE800 and Kaede with the AK100 and both sound fine as does the W4, ToGo!334...........................

post #4659 of 8672

Spkrs, so how was your weekend shootout with DAPs? i mean comparing them and in different setups with amps and without?

 

also how is RX3, lets say this vs. T1? tongue.gif

seriously is RX3 worth its huge premium? there is also Vorzüge which i understood is best portable amp ever?

 

and please stop me wanting 3DD, i paid new H200 and now this 3DD.... i am going mad evil_smiley.gif

post #4660 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by ade_hall View Post

 

How do you connect the AK100 to the JH-3A?

 

Sorry I have been too busy having fun with my new set up.  The Head phone output on the AK100 to the input on the JH-3A usning a mini to mini.  Ok the sound on this set up is amazing, now one I played with the EQ on the AK100 the sound started to make me laugh out loud.  It is crystal clear, I am getting a good amount of base by the vocals just explode.  I am hearing insturments that I did not know where in the song before.  Now Keep in mind I am new to all this, this is my first time with HD type music.

post #4661 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrs01 View Post

I should be receiving the 3DD when they are launched, I am pretty stoked to see how they are gonna soundregular_smile%20.gif


On another note, I bought a ALO RX3 to use with the AK100 yesterday......so far so good! Can't wait to get my black one back though as the gold one is not that aesthetically pleasing........................






 

Congrats Gavin for your new alo Rx 3 B

I saw since you bought RSA RS 71 B , now you are beginning to like the SQ with additional amping like me biggrin.gif

With amping and external Dac we can drive AK 100 to the next level of audio journey

Happy hunting to the next amp and Dac biggrin.gif
post #4662 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by meiaen View Post

Most annoying issue n the rwak100 that I encounter is playing all songs on random I have 1000+ song on library and it only plays a couple of it and will repeat mostly around 30-50

Please scan your music library regularly

I don't have any problem with random playing with my AK 100
post #4663 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi0504 View Post

Please scan your music library regularly

I don't have any problem with random playing with my AK 100

Thanks will do
post #4664 of 8672

Has anyone got the heir audio 4.ai iems with this dap? Do they pair well?

post #4665 of 8672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbleroar View Post

Has anyone got the heir audio 4.ai iems with this dap? Do they pair well?
Mine is heir 4.ai with magnus cable and rwak100
and they really pair well
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP