32gbs, and my internal memory is just about full (save a gb or 2)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Disclaimer: I was sent a sample of the Brainwavz S5 for review. This will not affect my opinion of these IEMs in any way. You can also find this review(with pictures) on my own blog...
Switching from desktop audio system to the dap system is a painful experience if you have a seriously monitoring taste for any music and get used to top-notch headphones system like hd800+ ecba...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 299
Gear mentioned in this thread:
3 seconds sounds too long. Maybe it's the lack of space on the device itself. Mine's not that full so I haven't experienced that.
A couple of other questions:
1) are you using EQ?
2) does it vary depending on the next track's bitrate, location, or any other factor?
Thanks for troubleshooting with me-
1) yes, I'm using EQ, but if I turn it off it still takes 3 secs to get from one track to another
2) it doesn't vary with the track bt rate either-
I think its the lack of space on the device's internal memory. I'll try making more space, than report back results tomorrow
any leaked information for the AK120?
Can you give me some link? I'm unable to find any shop that sells under 700$.
yet alo still selling it for $699. There are a lot of what if but the 480 case you are putting it does not include tenso cost.
Very brief thoughts of the RWA AK100 and the AK100 Mod Stage 2
If one wants to maintain the integrity of the AK100 and it's inherent signature then the RWA is the one to go for.....and can be used for all IEM irrespective of impedance.
The Mod Stage 2 changes the AK100 into another player, to compete with the likes of the DX100, and the C4, Very clean and clear sounding!
Both are very good....so a matter of different strokes for different folks......
The Stage 2 mentioned in this thread for the last 10 pages...I think it is Rudi0504 's friend.....I am not too sure, so you better ask him.
BTW I have heard the Stage 1 too...and that was a little too Hi Fi sounding for my tastes, but extremely impressive initially.... very wide and a huge thumping bass
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Recommendations for a compact, single-box solution for the HD600?... 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet 9/20/14 Impressions! PICS! EVERYTHING! 1 minute ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a sound card for my K712 Pros 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)