32gbs, and my internal memory is just about full (save a gb or 2)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/13/14 at 2:44pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey (@Salsera) for considering me to actually review the Brainwavz S5. My deepest gratitude...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I first reviewed the original Brainwavz R3 back in December 2013, and unfortunately...
Not too much to say here other than that these headphones are stellar! I mostly listen to my vinyl collection with these bad boys and it's an absolute joy. I purchased an external amp to power them...
Man are these awesome , they're cheap..but as all Beyers they sound fu**** awesome , these are clean , fun and dynamic , they sound excellent Let me preface this by telling this...
This is actually the first "over-head" headphone i ever bought, but compared to my philips and LG tone+ this one is a lot more for 70$, i mainly use it on my gaming rig with sound card...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 299
Gear mentioned in this thread:
3 seconds sounds too long. Maybe it's the lack of space on the device itself. Mine's not that full so I haven't experienced that.
A couple of other questions:
1) are you using EQ?
2) does it vary depending on the next track's bitrate, location, or any other factor?
Thanks for troubleshooting with me-
1) yes, I'm using EQ, but if I turn it off it still takes 3 secs to get from one track to another
2) it doesn't vary with the track bt rate either-
I think its the lack of space on the device's internal memory. I'll try making more space, than report back results tomorrow
any leaked information for the AK120?
Can you give me some link? I'm unable to find any shop that sells under 700$.
yet alo still selling it for $699. There are a lot of what if but the 480 case you are putting it does not include tenso cost.
Very brief thoughts of the RWA AK100 and the AK100 Mod Stage 2
If one wants to maintain the integrity of the AK100 and it's inherent signature then the RWA is the one to go for.....and can be used for all IEM irrespective of impedance.
The Mod Stage 2 changes the AK100 into another player, to compete with the likes of the DX100, and the C4, Very clean and clear sounding!
Both are very good....so a matter of different strokes for different folks......
The Stage 2 mentioned in this thread for the last 10 pages...I think it is Rudi0504 's friend.....I am not too sure, so you better ask him.
BTW I have heard the Stage 1 too...and that was a little too Hi Fi sounding for my tastes, but extremely impressive initially.... very wide and a huge thumping bass
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? 19 seconds ago
- › Aune T1 Mk2 vs. Mk1 1 minute ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 3 minutes ago
- › Legitimacy of this site? 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › TekFusion TwinWoofer, Budget IEM for $50, Impressions, and... 5 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: October 25th, 2014 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 6 minutes ago
- › Is there some place where I can try different kinda headphones. 7 minutes ago
- › Samson RH600 Headphones by egosumlux
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by thatBeatsguy
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Brooko
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by WavyGravy1
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 710 Trendline Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Marshall Headphones - 'Major' Over Ear (Black) by Kordz
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)