32gbs, and my internal memory is just about full (save a gb or 2)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 2/8/15 at 8:34am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 1/22/15
These are also known as the monoprice 8323's. I have these for nearly 2 years. I bought them a few months after my faithfull 8323's. Pros - for the price they deliver the highest quality...
Let me start this review with some information about the company that made these headphones, Philips. The company that invented the CD, the first radio etc. As a Dutch guy, I'm very connected with...
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 299
Gear mentioned in this thread:
3 seconds sounds too long. Maybe it's the lack of space on the device itself. Mine's not that full so I haven't experienced that.
A couple of other questions:
1) are you using EQ?
2) does it vary depending on the next track's bitrate, location, or any other factor?
Thanks for troubleshooting with me-
1) yes, I'm using EQ, but if I turn it off it still takes 3 secs to get from one track to another
2) it doesn't vary with the track bt rate either-
I think its the lack of space on the device's internal memory. I'll try making more space, than report back results tomorrow
any leaked information for the AK120?
Can you give me some link? I'm unable to find any shop that sells under 700$.
yet alo still selling it for $699. There are a lot of what if but the 480 case you are putting it does not include tenso cost.
Very brief thoughts of the RWA AK100 and the AK100 Mod Stage 2
If one wants to maintain the integrity of the AK100 and it's inherent signature then the RWA is the one to go for.....and can be used for all IEM irrespective of impedance.
The Mod Stage 2 changes the AK100 into another player, to compete with the likes of the DX100, and the C4, Very clean and clear sounding!
Both are very good....so a matter of different strokes for different folks......
The Stage 2 mentioned in this thread for the last 10 pages...I think it is Rudi0504 's friend.....I am not too sure, so you better ask him.
BTW I have heard the Stage 1 too...and that was a little too Hi Fi sounding for my tastes, but extremely impressive initially.... very wide and a huge thumping bass
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 15 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 16 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 35 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 47 seconds ago
- › Magni2 Uber, Asgard 2 or whatever amp for my Sennheiser HD598? 1 minute ago
- › The Tera player thread.Philips R2R DAC ( impressions, opinions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Official New York Spring Meet Sat May 2nd 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Wanted: Violectric V181 3 minutes ago
- › Asus STX II Vs Creative ZXR 3 minutes ago
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3