- 4,282 Posts. Joined 11/2010
- Location: Shanghai, China
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 12/13/13 at 4:12am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
I recently traded my ATM-50's since they unfortunately lost lower frequencies and started crackling in the left ear. So I thought "Why not try something different". I was looking for something to...
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 292post #4366 of 77284/24/13 at 3:53amI sure will !
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4367 of 77284/24/13 at 3:59amQuote:
I can't remember if you had stock AK100 first. If you did, I'd be extremely interested in your thoughts on Miracles with stock vs modded AK.post #4368 of 77284/24/13 at 4:14amQuote:
With stock AK 100 , miracle sound so flat
With mod AK 100 stage 2 , miracle has their soul, more detail and better clarity , better separation, wider soundstage and better bass detail and impact .this my IMO .post #4369 of 77284/24/13 at 4:16am
Alex is waiting your review Michael , he always asked me is Michael like my mod stage 2 AK 100
Edited by rudi0504 - 4/24/13 at 4:35ampost #4370 of 77284/24/13 at 4:48amI will need some time but you can give him my email if he has questions but you can tell him I am selling my DX100.post #4371 of 77284/24/13 at 4:55ampost #4372 of 77284/24/13 at 5:55amQuote:
NO!!!post #4373 of 77284/24/13 at 6:03amQuote:
Oooh sound good that you like your mod stage 2 now
Please share your impression too after your mini meet with Michael on 27 of Aprilpost #4374 of 77284/24/13 at 6:09amHi Rudi, could you explain a little about this mod 2? Has it actually been confirmed what changes are being made to the device? I would possibly be interested in having it done, if I know what it was exactly Also do you have any idea on pricing for this mod?post #4375 of 77284/24/13 at 6:18amI've also been wondering about the modded AKs (Rudi's friend or Red Wine) ability to drive higher impedance phones. I have the stock AK but the only phones I have are the HD650s and the Tzar350s which are above 350 ohms.
Can the RWA ak100 and the mod2 drive these adequately? It would be nice to have the option to drive more phones, but not at the expense of what I currently own.post #4376 of 77284/24/13 at 6:27amQuote:
PM sendpost #4377 of 77284/24/13 at 6:32amQuote:Originally Posted by CraftyClown
I've also been wondering about the modded AKs (Rudi's friend or Red Wine) ability to drive higher impedance phones. I have the stock AK but the only phones I have are the HD650s and the Tzar350s which are above 350 ohms.
Can the RWA ak100 and the mod2 drive these adequately? It would be nice to have the option to drive more phones, but not at the expense of what I currently own.
I don't have RWA AK 100
I have AK 100 mod stage 2 can drive high impedance headphone in very good SQ
But power wise is about 5 - 10 % better than stock
I can drive my LCD 3 with the volume 68 in excellent SQ
AK 100 mod stage 2 can drive iems to headphone in excellent SQ ,
This is my IMO
Better Michael share his impression too
Edited by rudi0504 - 4/24/13 at 10:36ampost #4378 of 77284/24/13 at 6:39ampost #4379 of 77284/24/13 at 6:42am
I will have the opportunity to try the AK100, AK100 Mod 2 and the RWA AK100 this Sunday
with Spiral Ears SE5, FitEar 335, ToGo! 334, IE800, Flat 4 Kaede, Heir 8A & 6A & 5.0 and perhaps PF-IX
Can't wait................................post #4380 of 77284/24/13 at 7:08amIt will be like an orgy.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Currently, there are 2618 Active Users (445 Members and 2173 Guests)
- › Bigger soundstage means less tight musically. 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a new closed headphones - HD600/Mad Dogs & HD700/?? 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot MK 9 - Has anyone tried it? 2 minutes ago
- › Help me decide!! HipHop/RAP BASS LOVER!! 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › To buy Onkyo C-7030 or not to buy? 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 8 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital