Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 28

post #406 of 8677
Yeah I changed my post slightly. Anyway he'd know or I'll pay him a beer next time we meet biggrin.gif

Bottom line is just what you said. Can't rule out it would be ok in some cases, but frankly that's a steep gamble at 600$. It's not like you can make a TP mod à la LCD3 on such tiny drivers.
post #407 of 8677
I don't drink beer but I'll take a bottle of Pétrus ;-)!!
post #408 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchbat View Post

Yeah I changed my post slightly. Anyway he'd know or I'll pay him a beer next time we meet biggrin.gif
Bottom line is just what you said. Can't rule out it would be ok in some cases, but frankly that's a steep gamble at 600$. It's not like you can make a TP mod à la LCD3 on such tiny drivers.


lmao Toilet Paper? :P. That paper must be made of gold. very_evil_smiley.gif

post #409 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post

I don't drink beer but I'll take a bottle of Pétrus ;-)!!
ZOMG ! An Australian that doesn't drink beer !?! What is teh world coming to ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

lmao Toilet Paper? :P. That paper must be made of gold. very_evil_smiley.gif

Not joking. Just dig in the LCD3 thread. I could have referred to the T50P mods too, but somehow the LCD3 reference was funnier to me biggrin.gif
post #410 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchbat View Post


ZOMG ! An Australian that doesn't drink beer !?! What is teh world coming to ?
Not joking. Just dig in the LCD3 thread. I could have referred to the T50P mods too, but somehow the LCD3 reference was funnier to me biggrin.gif


I think it's funnier because of the expensive price tag and the ensuing issues (more relevant to what we are discussing :).


Edited by lee730 - 11/1/12 at 9:41pm
post #411 of 8677

Well, with regards to the DAP, it's pretty so-so... I mean, on my IEMs it sounded fine, but there were some small problems, especially with the more sensitive IEMs. Also, I'd just recommend saving up for the HE-901 when it hits :)

 

In the end, its a nice device to have in the collection but I guess that's about it. I know I'm keeping it as a novelty item, I guess.

 

Also with regards to the volume knob in the pocket? I've never tried. But it seems like the device screen needs to be on to change the volume? I dunno, at least I think it seemed that way. Haven't really brought it out for a walk or anything.

post #412 of 8677
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Your wish is my command ;)

 

http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/dx100.htm

Thanks, thats pretty flat for the Triple fi 10s, must be low output impedance!

 

Back to the iriver and my thread of DOOM!

post #413 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


Your wish is my command ;)

 

http://www.markuskraus.com/RMAA/dx100.htm

Very flat response:) The more I listen to my dx100, the more I love it. It just bring the most out of all my CIEMs. The only hope that can beat this right now is 901.

But I did heard early impressions saying that 901 remains the mids of 801 so it still won't satisfy people won't doesn't like forward mids. I hope this isn't true.

Because if 901 has the same mids like 801, that will be a no for me.

post #414 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Very flat response:) The more I listen to my dx100, the more I love it. It just bring the most out of all my CIEMs. The only hope that can beat this right now is 901.
But I did heard early impressions saying that 901 remains the mids of 801 so it still won't satisfy people won't doesn't like forward mids. I hope this isn't true.
Because if 901 has the same mids like 801, that will be a no for me.

[OT - sorry]
And I listened with them with my TG!334's. Now I understand. Thx for the tip. Wish I had known this earlier as I'd have more constructive feedback for Fang.
[/OT - sorry]
post #415 of 8677

early impressions saying that 901 remains the mids of 801 so it still won't satisfy people won't doesn't like forward mids.

sorry I mean who don'tbiggrin.gif


Edited by tupac0306 - 11/2/12 at 8:15am
post #416 of 8677

So sad to see that this iRiver AK100 is not a good match with IEM's nor my Westone 4R.

IRiver what are you doing to your loyal costumers?mad.gif

post #417 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

early impressions saying that 901 remains the mids of 801 so it still won't satisfy people won't doesn't like forward mids.

sorry I mean who don'tbiggrin.gif


I don't mind forward mids myself but then again I don't like them to be invading either. For me it's a balancing act.

post #418 of 8677
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExpatinJapan View Post

Thanks, thats pretty flat for the Triple fi 10s, must be low output impedance!

 

Back to the iriver and my thread of DOOM!


If you don't mind modding it maybe the flaws could be fixed lol :P.

post #419 of 8677
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post


If you don't mind modding it maybe the flaws could be fixed lol :P.

Modding the iriver you mean? 

 

Not my cup of tea. I have a Centrance Hifi-m8 on the way anyway. Maxed out this years Audio budget already.L3000.gif

post #420 of 8677

Nice. Looking forward to more impressions on this new unit. I absolutely love my LX. But really had no need for an amp section from them. I still have my doubts their amp section will beat the Triad L3 so I'd rather get a dedicated DAC. I'm gonna save up and eventually get that D2 Sabre DAC.
 


Edited by lee730 - 11/2/12 at 7:36pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP