Yes I also had scan issues, it froze for me for a while and for some reason it just refused to skip the tutorial screen. I reset it manually twice and it finally worked.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productAstell&Kern AK100 Mastering Quality Sound (MQS) Portable Systemtagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/11/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/11/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on Today at 11:43 am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 9/14/13 at 7:41am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
- Astell&Kern AK100 and AK120 in stock with free shipping and MQS Album of your choice! Last post on 6/28/13 at 9:41pm in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/4/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 228
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3407 of 76853/20/13 at 9:08pmQuote:
Try a different browser. That made a difference for me.post #3408 of 76853/21/13 at 1:32amQuote:
I think I had a similar problem getting stuck with either the tutorial or language screens. I remember using the hardware play button and that seemed to move me somewhere else.post #3409 of 76853/21/13 at 1:53ampost #3410 of 76853/21/13 at 2:54ampost #3411 of 76853/21/13 at 3:27ampost #3412 of 76853/21/13 at 7:48am
So here are my preference with AK100 based on the things I own. Ranking from best to worst synergy:
1-CK100PRO : Best pairing to my ears. CK100PRO treble is normally explained as borderline sibilant to hot on times but on AK100 for some strange reason it never went over-board. It presented the treble the way it is mastered. For example on gotye making mirror album which I believe is one treble happy CD, the treble at times could be harsh on CK100PRO simply because that how it is recorded.
2-ACS T15: Before pairing AK100 with CK100PRO I was convinced this was the best synergy there could be among my IEM. It was because of this pairing tha I decided to keep the AK100 I was lost in music. It lacks the detail and resolution and microdetails that CK100PRO has. To me that is not a bad thing at all in fact I find myself using this with the AK100 as it is simply more forgiving. With this pair you will be listening to music more than to the faults of the mastering.
3-ES10: One word to describe this is warm. Really enjoyable for eletronic music and timber and cello, double bass.
4-FA-003Ti/ER4S: To my ears ER4S and FA-00Tio paired with AK100 was able to maintain its famous accurate quality however I felt that treble was more present. I felt what with a better beefy amp section on AK100 I would easily place this as my number one but than again I tend to be bias towards ER4S.
For the rest of my IEM feel free to ask me however my view is they were not worth mentioning.post #3413 of 76853/21/13 at 11:51ampost #3414 of 76853/21/13 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by t3hwx9
AK100 + extender board + Lexar 128Gb SDXC:
http://i.imgur.com/CDtthdG.jpg (not enough posts to attach images, sorry)
This has also been done with the DX100. Did you have any problems with the 128 being read? Did you also have another card in the other slot at the same time?post #3415 of 76853/21/13 at 1:21pmQuote:Did you have any problems with the 128 being read?
Nope, just as any other card.Quote:Did you also have another card in the other slot at the same time?
It also worked with SanDisk 64Gb microSDXC in another slot.post #3416 of 76853/21/13 at 3:19pmQuote:
So theoretically you can have 320 gigs with two cards and internal memory, right?post #3417 of 76853/21/13 at 3:51pmQuote:
Theoretically you can have just about 550gbs- the largest sd cards are 256 gbs + 32gb onboard memory.post #3418 of 76853/21/13 at 5:02pm
I am having a similar problem. With firmware version 1.30 I can perform a manual scan, and then browse by album, artist, and genre. I cannot however browse by song. The device indicates no songs were found. I could previously browse by song before upgrading to firmware version 1.32 and then downgrading back to version 1.30. With firmware version 1.32 on the device, I could only browse by artist, and then the number of songs for each artist is very suspect. There did not seem to be enough songs indicated for each artist.
My library is all FLAC files that were ripped by WinAmp. The exception being the 5 high resolution samples provided with the device. I copy the files using a card reader and Windows Explorer. I do not use iriver plus 4.
I have over 25gig of internal storage free, and I am using 2x64gig Sandisk cards with about 1.5gig of storage free on each.
I think I may hold off until a new firmware version is released. I think this version may have issues. If anyone finds a solution to this issue, when using firmware version 1.32, I would be most interested.
P.S. I would find it interesting to know how many others are experiencing similar issues with firmware version 1.32.
Edited by DogOne - 3/21/13 at 5:05pmpost #3419 of 76853/21/13 at 6:55pm
I tried a few things with both the 1.30 and 1.32 firmware. I copied the database and tried to use it in 1.32. No go. Does not work. I also deleted the database file and tried a completely clean scan. Also does not work. So, I have not been able to find a solution to the issues with 1.32.
Interestingly, I noticed that the AK did create a new database file and it was the same size as the original one. This suggests that the scan might have actually been successful. The problem might be in reading and accessing the file.
When I went back to 1.30, I pasted copies of the original database files back into the system folder. Surprisingly, it worked. I didn't have to rescan. That appears to be good news in that we should be able to easily restore a database at least for the same firmware version.post #3420 of 76853/22/13 at 12:02am
It appears I spoke too soon. After using the player after restoring the database, it turns out that only the Artist list is populated. Everything is else is missing. I guess this means that the database file is only a source file and that indexing must be done elsewhere. Maybe that is partly why it can be slow to navigate. In any case, restoring the database does not appear to be an option after all. Too bad.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 40 seconds ago
- › Customs that sounds like the Sennheiser IE800 56 seconds ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 6 minutes ago
- › Van Den Hul MC10 phono cartridge 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi