Yes I also had scan issues, it froze for me for a while and for some reason it just refused to skip the tutorial screen. I reset it manually twice and it finally worked.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 6/14/16 at 11:00am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 4/20/16 at 5:14pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 228
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try a different browser. That made a difference for me.
I think I had a similar problem getting stuck with either the tutorial or language screens. I remember using the hardware play button and that seemed to move me somewhere else.
Have anyone found the problem when turn on AK100 and there is no data in the sd cards?
I found this issue sometimes and have to turn it off and on again, then it would read data correctly.
So here are my preference with AK100 based on the things I own. Ranking from best to worst synergy:
1-CK100PRO : Best pairing to my ears. CK100PRO treble is normally explained as borderline sibilant to hot on times but on AK100 for some strange reason it never went over-board. It presented the treble the way it is mastered. For example on gotye making mirror album which I believe is one treble happy CD, the treble at times could be harsh on CK100PRO simply because that how it is recorded.
2-ACS T15: Before pairing AK100 with CK100PRO I was convinced this was the best synergy there could be among my IEM. It was because of this pairing tha I decided to keep the AK100 I was lost in music. It lacks the detail and resolution and microdetails that CK100PRO has. To me that is not a bad thing at all in fact I find myself using this with the AK100 as it is simply more forgiving. With this pair you will be listening to music more than to the faults of the mastering.
3-ES10: One word to describe this is warm. Really enjoyable for eletronic music and timber and cello, double bass.
4-FA-003Ti/ER4S: To my ears ER4S and FA-00Tio paired with AK100 was able to maintain its famous accurate quality however I felt that treble was more present. I felt what with a better beefy amp section on AK100 I would easily place this as my number one but than again I tend to be bias towards ER4S.
For the rest of my IEM feel free to ask me however my view is they were not worth mentioning.
AK100 + extender board + Lexar 128Gb SDXC:
http://i.imgur.com/CDtthdG.jpg (not enough posts to attach images, sorry)
This has also been done with the DX100. Did you have any problems with the 128 being read? Did you also have another card in the other slot at the same time?
Nope, just as any other card.
It also worked with SanDisk 64Gb microSDXC in another slot.
So theoretically you can have 320 gigs with two cards and internal memory, right?
Theoretically you can have just about 550gbs- the largest sd cards are 256 gbs + 32gb onboard memory.
I am having a similar problem. With firmware version 1.30 I can perform a manual scan, and then browse by album, artist, and genre. I cannot however browse by song. The device indicates no songs were found. I could previously browse by song before upgrading to firmware version 1.32 and then downgrading back to version 1.30. With firmware version 1.32 on the device, I could only browse by artist, and then the number of songs for each artist is very suspect. There did not seem to be enough songs indicated for each artist.
My library is all FLAC files that were ripped by WinAmp. The exception being the 5 high resolution samples provided with the device. I copy the files using a card reader and Windows Explorer. I do not use iriver plus 4.
I have over 25gig of internal storage free, and I am using 2x64gig Sandisk cards with about 1.5gig of storage free on each.
I think I may hold off until a new firmware version is released. I think this version may have issues. If anyone finds a solution to this issue, when using firmware version 1.32, I would be most interested.
P.S. I would find it interesting to know how many others are experiencing similar issues with firmware version 1.32.
Edited by DogOne - 3/21/13 at 5:05pm
I tried a few things with both the 1.30 and 1.32 firmware. I copied the database and tried to use it in 1.32. No go. Does not work. I also deleted the database file and tried a completely clean scan. Also does not work. So, I have not been able to find a solution to the issues with 1.32.
Interestingly, I noticed that the AK did create a new database file and it was the same size as the original one. This suggests that the scan might have actually been successful. The problem might be in reading and accessing the file.
When I went back to 1.30, I pasted copies of the original database files back into the system folder. Surprisingly, it worked. I didn't have to rescan. That appears to be good news in that we should be able to easily restore a database at least for the same firmware version.
It appears I spoke too soon. After using the player after restoring the database, it turns out that only the Artist list is populated. Everything is else is missing. I guess this means that the database file is only a source file and that indexing must be done elsewhere. Maybe that is partly why it can be slow to navigate. In any case, restoring the database does not appear to be an option after all. Too bad.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 4 minutes ago
- › California Headphones Silverado impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Super Cmoy!!! Using the new TI 1688 6 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...