Yes I also had scan issues, it froze for me for a while and for some reason it just refused to skip the tutorial screen. I reset it manually twice and it finally worked.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Pono VS AK100/120 Last post on 1/21/15 at 7:18am in Portable Source Gear
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 5/3/15 at 8:36pm in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 6/26/15
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 228
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Try a different browser. That made a difference for me.
I think I had a similar problem getting stuck with either the tutorial or language screens. I remember using the hardware play button and that seemed to move me somewhere else.
So here are my preference with AK100 based on the things I own. Ranking from best to worst synergy:
1-CK100PRO : Best pairing to my ears. CK100PRO treble is normally explained as borderline sibilant to hot on times but on AK100 for some strange reason it never went over-board. It presented the treble the way it is mastered. For example on gotye making mirror album which I believe is one treble happy CD, the treble at times could be harsh on CK100PRO simply because that how it is recorded.
2-ACS T15: Before pairing AK100 with CK100PRO I was convinced this was the best synergy there could be among my IEM. It was because of this pairing tha I decided to keep the AK100 I was lost in music. It lacks the detail and resolution and microdetails that CK100PRO has. To me that is not a bad thing at all in fact I find myself using this with the AK100 as it is simply more forgiving. With this pair you will be listening to music more than to the faults of the mastering.
3-ES10: One word to describe this is warm. Really enjoyable for eletronic music and timber and cello, double bass.
4-FA-003Ti/ER4S: To my ears ER4S and FA-00Tio paired with AK100 was able to maintain its famous accurate quality however I felt that treble was more present. I felt what with a better beefy amp section on AK100 I would easily place this as my number one but than again I tend to be bias towards ER4S.
For the rest of my IEM feel free to ask me however my view is they were not worth mentioning.
AK100 + extender board + Lexar 128Gb SDXC:
http://i.imgur.com/CDtthdG.jpg (not enough posts to attach images, sorry)
This has also been done with the DX100. Did you have any problems with the 128 being read? Did you also have another card in the other slot at the same time?
Nope, just as any other card.
It also worked with SanDisk 64Gb microSDXC in another slot.
So theoretically you can have 320 gigs with two cards and internal memory, right?
Theoretically you can have just about 550gbs- the largest sd cards are 256 gbs + 32gb onboard memory.
I am having a similar problem. With firmware version 1.30 I can perform a manual scan, and then browse by album, artist, and genre. I cannot however browse by song. The device indicates no songs were found. I could previously browse by song before upgrading to firmware version 1.32 and then downgrading back to version 1.30. With firmware version 1.32 on the device, I could only browse by artist, and then the number of songs for each artist is very suspect. There did not seem to be enough songs indicated for each artist.
My library is all FLAC files that were ripped by WinAmp. The exception being the 5 high resolution samples provided with the device. I copy the files using a card reader and Windows Explorer. I do not use iriver plus 4.
I have over 25gig of internal storage free, and I am using 2x64gig Sandisk cards with about 1.5gig of storage free on each.
I think I may hold off until a new firmware version is released. I think this version may have issues. If anyone finds a solution to this issue, when using firmware version 1.32, I would be most interested.
P.S. I would find it interesting to know how many others are experiencing similar issues with firmware version 1.32.
Edited by DogOne - 3/21/13 at 5:05pm
I tried a few things with both the 1.30 and 1.32 firmware. I copied the database and tried to use it in 1.32. No go. Does not work. I also deleted the database file and tried a completely clean scan. Also does not work. So, I have not been able to find a solution to the issues with 1.32.
Interestingly, I noticed that the AK did create a new database file and it was the same size as the original one. This suggests that the scan might have actually been successful. The problem might be in reading and accessing the file.
When I went back to 1.30, I pasted copies of the original database files back into the system folder. Surprisingly, it worked. I didn't have to rescan. That appears to be good news in that we should be able to easily restore a database at least for the same firmware version.
It appears I spoke too soon. After using the player after restoring the database, it turns out that only the Artist list is populated. Everything is else is missing. I guess this means that the database file is only a source file and that indexing must be done elsewhere. Maybe that is partly why it can be slow to navigate. In any case, restoring the database does not appear to be an option after all. Too bad.
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 18 seconds ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 27 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 44 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 58 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Headphones Consolidation. 1 minute ago
- › Crystal Tips 2 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › RHA T20 by LFC_SL
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › Sony XBA-10/N Gold | Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones (Japanese... by LikeABell
- › Joseph Grado HPA-1 by kayandjohn
- › Creative Sound Blaster E1 Portable Headphone Amplifier with... by Evshrug
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluetooth Wireless Headphones by pformagg
- › VE Zen by boneofimba
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)