IE is no good for me, once I get the chance to download it I will upload it on mediafire to make everyone life easier.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on Today at 5:00 am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 7/18/14 at 2:31am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
HIFIMAN HE-560 ON TAP: A FIRST DAY REVIEW SAGA (HIFIMAN HE-560 TOUR IMPRESSIONS) FIRST IMPRESSIONS Wow ... what a big box! I was expecting a more economically packaged box, but once I...
*Not an audio professional review, only my user opinion* After listening to lots of headphones inside this price ranger I decided on these. I was first worried cause lately I was reading lots...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 224
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Finally got v1.32 to completely download (using Chrome on my Retina Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.3). I updated w/ zero issues. No noticeable changes for me. Come on iRiver...get gapless working for us.
Regarding gapless, I contacted iRiver support about this a few days ago, and received a set of responses quite similar to what someone else here posted. Specifically, one iRiver support rep told me that the AK100 will never have gapless due to hardware limitations, and yet another iRiver support rep told me they have engineers working on it right now. So, who the hell knows I suppose.
Is there any manual way to reset the device, mine decided to shut off right in the middle of playing a song. I tried connecting it to my laptop but that also not seem to do anything.
Edited by audionewbi - 3/19/13 at 3:27am
What did you meant by 'rest the device'?
The manual says that to reset the device, press and hold the rewind button key (at the side) and the power key together for 7 seconds.
I will not be doing the J3 as i no longer have it but it is not really a comparable player, it never really impressed me the J3. The MA9 comparison will happen and be a very interesting one at that. However i need to aquatint myself with the Ak100 a bit more before i do that. Current going through a bit of Amy Winehouse with it on my HE-500s :D
would you be using them unamped? to give people an actual his review of an ak100 without the "AK100 + So and so amp would sound the best !" kinda of review? Since I would be looking at this thing for some time since none of the highend player really excites me besides this and the HM901
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 13 seconds ago
- › This auction should be interesting.... 41 seconds ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › hfb_chat - Discussion, suggestions, ballroom dancing 1 minute ago
- › New Headphones Recommendations 2 minutes ago
- › Just listened to some Fostex T50RPs today... WOW! 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Modi and FiiO e12 viable? 4 minutes ago
- › Black Sabbath on HDTracks 5 minutes ago
- › IEM around $200-300 5 minutes ago
- › FS: Esoteric K-01 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)