IE is no good for me, once I get the chance to download it I will upload it on mediafire to make everyone life easier.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAstell Kerntagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 10/10/12
- brandIrivertagged by System, 10/10/12
- productIriver AK100 24bit / 192kHz 32G Portbale Hi-Fi Audio System Playertagged by JmoonAK, 6/24/13
- productiriver RWA AK100tagged by System, 3/6/13
- productMezzo Soprano MS-AK100tagged by milarepa, 5/30/13
- productWireless Cordless TV PC MP3 Computer Headphones-Frisby FHP301W - Great value, works from 30 ft distance, compatible with any TV (plasma LCD RCA etc, or PC, or MP3 CD DVD Player).tagged by IronLung, 5/27/13
Related Forum Threads
- Review: Astell and Kern AK100, Magic or Fail? Last post on 3/1/14 at 2:05pm in Dedicated Source Components
- AK100 vs Redwine IMOD or else Last post on 12/3/13 at 10:36am in Portable Source Gear
- Astell & Kern AK 100 Mk2 Last post on 10/23/14 at 12:00am in Portable Source Gear
- Mid Tier DAC for AK100 Last post on 9/24/13 at 11:32am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- AK100 22Ohm Bypass DIY Last post on 10/23/14 at 7:52am in DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 7/6/14
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP - Page 224
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Finally got v1.32 to completely download (using Chrome on my Retina Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion 10.8.3). I updated w/ zero issues. No noticeable changes for me. Come on iRiver...get gapless working for us.
Regarding gapless, I contacted iRiver support about this a few days ago, and received a set of responses quite similar to what someone else here posted. Specifically, one iRiver support rep told me that the AK100 will never have gapless due to hardware limitations, and yet another iRiver support rep told me they have engineers working on it right now. So, who the hell knows I suppose.
Is there any manual way to reset the device, mine decided to shut off right in the middle of playing a song. I tried connecting it to my laptop but that also not seem to do anything.
Edited by audionewbi - 3/19/13 at 3:27am
What did you meant by 'rest the device'?
The manual says that to reset the device, press and hold the rewind button key (at the side) and the power key together for 7 seconds.
I will not be doing the J3 as i no longer have it but it is not really a comparable player, it never really impressed me the J3. The MA9 comparison will happen and be a very interesting one at that. However i need to aquatint myself with the Ak100 a bit more before i do that. Current going through a bit of Amy Winehouse with it on my HE-500s :D
would you be using them unamped? to give people an actual his review of an ak100 without the "AK100 + So and so amp would sound the best !" kinda of review? Since I would be looking at this thing for some time since none of the highend player really excites me besides this and the HM901
- The New iRiver AK100: A High-End DAP
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 13 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 28 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening. 52 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Passive Speaker/Amp Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 2 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)